Question This a decent setup?

Seen alot of those threads around here eh well Im just looking to play the new games on high video settings, like Rift (headstart tomorrow yea!!!)
    So I guess i'll just buy a package, can't be bothered buying stuff online since it will take time (<lazy and has no knowledge about this stuff) and my currency isn't worth anything so it's expensive and the toll/shipping is like 50% the price of the item, well muhu

This is the rig, any good?
    Taken from the website and horribly translated.

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 335 with 12cm fan

Power Supply: Fortron SAGA II 500W with 12cm fan

CPU: 3.3GHz Intel Core i5-2500 6MB Quad-Core 1155 (Is the 2500k version alot better?)

Motherboard: MSI P67A-C45 USB3.0 SATA3.0 Sandy Bridge 1155 UEFI BIOS

Memory: 4GB Corsair 1333MHz DDR3(2x2GB) (I'd like to get 8gb, I usually have like 20 youtube tabs up)

Hard drive: 1TB Western Digital BLACK SATA3.0 64MB

Graphics Card: MSI R6850 CYCLONE 1GD5 Power Edition 1GB OverClocked edition

DVD: Samsung 20x DVD+/- DL 48x CD & DVD drive, Serial-ATA (I think I have never ever used one of those :P always buy my games on steam)

So all this will cost me 1400$
    Anything better is over 1900$ and I don't want to spend that much, I usually buy a new pc every 2 years or so, but back to my question is this any good for the latest games and is there anything there I should replace?

Thanks in advance :>

If you've got some financial headroom go for a beefier GPU. The 6950s are reasonable and can be flashed to the same specs as a 6970 with no added cost. Go for the 2500k. Also, I would highly recomend a small Solid State Drive in addition to the TB drive to put your OS install and rift on for excellent load times. Go for at least a 64 gb.

Lastly, no name crappy PSU is a recipe for disaster. That single component will be connected to all of your other expensive stuff. If it dies, chances are everything else is going with it. Go for a quality power supply.

Im not sure if it is still ongoing but socket 1155 mobos were having some issues with their sata hookups so look into that to make sure thats no longer a problem.

Get the K ONLY if you wish to overclock, or if you think you may consider overclocking at a later date (I'd say just get the K, but if you have no care to OC, then ignore it). The K only means that it's unlocked, and thus can be OC'd (such as mine in my sig, 3.3 is stock clock, mine is 4.5).

I'd recommend a corsair PSU as well, modular if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrih91 View Post
    Power Supply: Fortron SAGA II 500W with 12cm fan
    CPU: 3.3GHz Intel Core i5-2500 6MB Quad-Core 1155 (Is the 2500k version alot better?)
    That PSU is bit fishy. Can't find any reliable benchmarks/reviews of it. Also definitely go for 2500K, you can overclock it later. There's no point getting the locked 2500 with only $20 price difference and lose any chances to OC later.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Case: No idea about this one, I'd recommend Fractal Design Define R3. Very quiet and solid case.
    PSU: Fortrons are kinda loud and not always reliable, I'd go for something cute from Corsair. This Fortron might prove to be a problem though.
    CPU: 2500K is overclockable, that's really the only difference. You might regret it later if you went with non K model now. Overclocking is piss easy with these CPU's.
    MoBo: No experience from MSI, personally I'd recommend Asus P8P67 series.
    Memory: If that is the case, get 8Gb. 2x4Gb is pretty cheap to get nowadays, you don't need a "dual kit". Just get 2 normal 4Gb modules.
    HDD: It's a good choice.
    GPU: To be honest I'd go for something a bit better. Maybe a Geforce 560Ti or Radeon 6950. A single 6850 can bottleneck your rig hard in flashy games.

That's about it, it's overall a decent set if you don't want to overclock at all, never. Which I find just stupid really with these chips. And no, that radeon 6850 will not be enough for some latest games, rest of the computer is.

10+ Year Old Account
    They fixed the Sandy Bridge motherboards? Here in Norway you can't get them atm cause of the suppliers recalled them to fix something. And as far as I know, they won't be back on the market for another months or two. (In Norway that is.) But if its all good take the K edition CPU, since it, like mentioned above, is unlocked for overclock.

Anyways. You should absolutely consider a more powerful PSU, since 500W is a little bit weak for that build as it is. Also, if you later decide do get another to run in CrossfireX, 500W is way to low.

Also, consider a couple of extra fans for your case, if the 120mm is the only one.

Deleted
    As a prebuilt you could probably do alot worse. It will run any game quite comfortably, without you having to tweak anything.

If you have no plans to overclock your CPU then there is no point upgrading, unless ofcourse the price difference between that and the K version is very small @ your location.

The power supply in question should support your 6850 quite comfortably. It only has one 6 pin PCI-E power adapter however so upgrading to beefier GFX cards will require a molex to PCI-E adapter for GFX cards like the 6950.

The case is pretty cheap, for that price i'd demand for something nicer, such as the Antec 300 hundred case. The coolermaster case is okay for a budge case, but your build isn't exactly budget.

Upgrading to 8GB of Ram will give you no noticeable in performance gains in games. Youtube tabs should be the least of your worries.

Wow thanks for all the comments and tips guys, guess i'll go for this one then with the reccomended upgrades :>