Deleted

Pet macro doesn't work,

why doesn't this work?
    /castsequence reset=1 [pet:monkey,@harm, exists]!Smack; [pet:spider,@focus, exists]!Bite, [pet:monkey,@harm, exists]!Bad Manner; [pet:spider,@harm, exists]!Web

Quote Originally Posted by Lenb View Post
    why doesn't this work?
    /castsequence reset=1 [pet:monkey,@harm, exists]!Smack; [pet:spider,@focus, exists]!Bite, [pet:monkey,@harm, exists]!Bad Manner; [pet:spider,@harm, exists]!Web
    Just a guess, but maybe the comma after Bite ? Do you need another semi-colon instead?

Deleted
    well what it's suppose to do, is send pet to attack with first click, if I press twice use web if its my spider, use bad manner if its my monkey

edit:
    a comma should seperate the sequence afaik

and I guessed that, since I used a ; it would be conditional like if/else
    [pet:monkey,@harm, exists]!Smack; [pet:spider,@focus, exists]!Bite

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think @harm is valid. @target, @targettarget, @focus, @mouseover, and @(Name) are valid. it should just be harm. the way you have it now it is looking for a character or npc named harm to cast on

Quote Originally Posted by Lenb View Post
    well what it's suppose to do, is send pet to attack with first click, if I press twice use web if its my spider, use bad manner if its my monkey

edit:
    a comma should seperate the sequence afaik
    Ah, didn't get the intent there at first.

I think dawawe is correct regarding the @harm statement. Perhaps just @target, or @mouseover or something similar is what you're looking for.

I see a couple of mistakes, but I'm not enough of an expert to tell you the 100% correct syntax.

Not sure really what you want with that macro. I understand you want more direct control over your pet's actions, but there are better ways to do that. Here is my suggestion:

1. Only macro and bind the skills you want to cast yourself (e.g. web, bad manner). IMO the macro can be as simple as:
    --------------------------
    #showtooltip web
    /cast bad manner
    /cast web

2. Keep the pet's basic damage skill (smack, bite) on auto-cast. If you find your pet focus-starved all the time and unable to cast their CC skill, take these skills off auto-cast and macro them with your main damage ability (Explosive Shot, Kill Command, Aimed Shot); that way your your pet will only use their basic attack when your ability is off cooldown. The macro will look like this:
    #showtooltip Explosive Shot
    /cast Smack
    /cast Bite
    /cast Explosive Shot

Edit: 3. I read your response just now to another poster. The easiest way to let your pet attack is to macro it together with Hunter's Mark:
    #showtooltip Hunter's Mark
    /cast Hunter's Mark
    /petattack
    Last edited by XAmsterdamX; 2011-02-23 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    nice try but not helpfull, I'm just using bite/smack as a way to /petattack then with a second press within a second it should use the pet's special web/bad manner it's just to spare a bind for pet attack or special on target

I'll try the @target thing

edit:
    just gave me a idea though maybe..
    /petattack [harm]
    /castsequence reset=1 null, [pet:monkey,@target,exists]Bad Manner; [pet:spider,@target,exists]Web

neither work

/castsequence reset=1 [pet:monkey,@target, exists]!Smack; [pet:spider,@target, exists]!Bite, [pet:monkey,@target, exists]!Bad Manner; [pet:spider,@target, exists]!Web

edit:
    "Edit: 3. I read your response just now to another poster. The easiest way to let your pet attack is to macro it together with Hunter's Mark:"

that potentually breaks CC,

edit: came up with a work around - thanks for your efforts guys
    Last edited by mmocf7a09cdb97; 2011-02-23 at 04:09 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, /castsequence only takes one set of modifiers - you can't modifier each spell - so it's only reading the [pet=monkey, @target, exists] modifier set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try taking the reset command out. and see if taking the pet arguement out. try
    /castsequence Smack, Bad manner

then do the same for spider..... also i just noticed u have all semi colons. group your monkey and spider arguements to follow each other. like /castsequence monkey spell, monkey spell; Spider spell spider spell.

Commas are used to separate like variables in the same macro string, semi colon are to separate different macro strings. so essentially the macro u have is 4 different macros an when u hit it it is trying to cast all the spells at once.

In the first post I'm not sure why you have the spider Biting your focus, but Webbing your target. But later on a few posts down you change it back to your target. Anyway try this, untested though I do not have a hunter.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [pet:monkey,harm]reset=1 Smack,Bad Manner
    /castsequence [pet:spider,harm]reset=1 Bite,Web

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator