Thread: DMC: Volcano

DMC: Volcano

Last night I bought DMC: Volcano, I just have tried on dummy twice.
    Aparently I gained 1K - 1.5K in my dps, this is good for this trinket or can I gain more than that?

Im working right now, and thinking what should i do when Volcano procs?

Volcano proc give 1600 intellect, so i think that affect my all dots, right?´
    So is good reapply all dots, MB (if on cd) and MF until it finish?

Any help will be welcome

reapply VT and DP as SW:P will update via MF...

I also reapply both VT and DP right before the buff is about to fall off.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    BIS trink, worth every copper. Try to fiend when it's up, for me it'll usually proc within first 8 seconds of a fight and since I don't have mana issues I'll fiend away.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Reapply VT+DP near the end of it to get full duration, SW:P will automatically update when you cast MF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Ok, i'll try it

About the DPS, which the average gain?

Deleted
    Wether you should recast VT and DP depends on the relative value of the proc compared to the last time you refreshed those DoTs. Besides the trinket, I am also using Lightweave, Power Torret and the trinket from V & T which shares the same internal cooldown as the DMC and will therefore often proc just before, during or after my DMC proc which will either devalue the effect of recasting VT or empower it.
    From personal experience I am often recasting VT and DP in the start of the fight where all my procs align and both my empower shadows and evangelism are fully buffed. At this point I usually cast shadowfiend too. When I notice my spellpower jumps a few thousand during combat (I use an addon for this), I will also recast VT depending on the remaining length of my already existing VT.

How to make use of the proc the best will probably to watch the internal cooldown, and either save your shadowfiend or archangel for it (if you got an incoming proc soonish). Devouring Plague can be recasted during movement, and VT should be recasted depending on the remaining duration of VT, remaining duration of your procs, your incoming procs, the DPS value of your already existing VT etc.

You should also notice that you will gain more mana from Masochism, Archangel and shadowfiend (don't use dispersion though) during Intellect procs which can be quite handy on mana heavy fights.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Addon to monitor SP...nice. Which one?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Besides the trinket, I am also using Lightweave, Power Torret and the trinket from V & T which shares the same internal cooldown as the DMC and will therefore often proc just before, during or after my DMC proc which will either devalue the effect of recasting VT or empower it.
    I switched to tailoring just for the lightweave, these procs line up very nicely during a fight. Just to give you an idea how OP this set up is at the start of the fight let me put some math in here for you.

Volcano Pot = 1200 int
    Lightweave = 580 int
    Power Torrent = 500 int
    DMC Trink = 1600 int

3880 int for the first ~12 seconds of the fight.

Raid buffed im sitting at ~8500 SP and I'm missing the int to bracer enchant. This set up imo is by far the best thing that you can do for yourself as a SP. And with the mastery proc from the mirror I've had 150k+ MB critts during a raid.