Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    They most certainly are.
    Just play 3s and you'll see they are NOT broken.

omg, ppl counter you? play an ele shaman and have fun being countered by just about every class in the game.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    People think, and always will, that locks are OP. Reasons? Who knows, but they just have no clue. As mkvitt said, warlocks can only play 3v3 atm, and yeah, you may say: D00D PVP IS AROUND 3V3. Well, PvP is about many things: World, BG and arenas. 3v3 arenas are like a 11% of the PvP content in the game. Why wouldn't I be able to enjoy playing the spec I like (destro), not the one I'm forced to (aff), because I dislike it, i'd rather play other class, really, to play PvP...but just 3v3 arenas? Warlocks aren't fine. Whoever says that, has no clue.
    Because as ideal as that would be, if blizzard actually were to balance 30 specs, they'd give everyone everything. And also, you might not want to base conclusions off of mkvitt's comments, go read his post in the Melee Vs Caster thread and you might understand a little bit of how he thinks.

Affliction is fine now in both 3's and 5's. 2's is shit anyway. We have 1 very viable pvp spec, lets not get greedy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Because as ideal as that would be, if blizzard actually were to balance 30 specs, they'd give everyone everything. And also, you might not want to base conclusions off of mkvitt's comments, go read his post in the Melee Vs Caster thread and you might understand a little bit of how he thinks.
    well, that's true, but it'd be the best for everyone, although impossible. I'm just pissed cause i see myself forced to play a spec i dislike, that's it (to be something on pvp). Anyways, I agreed with what mkvitt said, i don't care about what he wrote on other posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 2700+ 3v3 at the moment, I have a Warlock on my team. We play WLD's, Shadowcleaves, and RLS's all day long and they are a bitch to beat. Warlocks are not broken. In 2v2, yes, but everything is broken in 2v2.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    well, that's true, but it'd be the best for everyone, although impossible. I'm just pissed cause i see myself forced to play a spec i dislike, that's it (to be something on pvp). Anyways, I agreed with what mkvitt said, i don't care about what he wrote on other posts.
    Granted, everyone has favorite specs, but imagine what it would take for these specs to become equal to afflic in PVP, what it would do to PVE, what it would do to afflic even. And this issue becomes even larger when you look at non pure classes. Ones who are able to tank, or heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arosk View Post
    Just play 3s and you'll see they are NOT broken.
    indeed im playing RLS atm, well not atm my pc is broke but 2 days ago, 3s warlock is fine EXCEPT vs TSG/TreeSG/DK-ret-healer they owne locks so hard, and thats all we seem to face in 99% of games so unfair :O

Quote Originally Posted by Divinator View Post
    I was just looking for this one on youtube
    when you know how to play, its like in that vid

ps. i hate locks, but i love that vid ^^

Deleted
    Granted, everyone has favorite specs, but imagine what it would take for these specs to become equal to afflic in PVP, what it would do to PVE, what it would do to afflic even. And this issue becomes even larger when you look at non pure classes. Ones who are able to tank, or heal.
    That's why I think that classes spells / talents should have different effects when used against NPC and Players.. but this won't happen so... better luck next patch for me! It doens't matter that much to me after all (because I've been without playing a long and I can actually just hold a little more... I know it won't take ages to change (or I hope so), but I'd love to play destro...

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 11:50 PM ----------

Sorry but, that's so 4.0.3

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's why I think that classes spells / talents should have different effects when used against NPC and Players.. but this won't happen so... better luck next patch for me! It doens't matter that much to me after all (because I've been without playing a long and I can actually just hold a little more... I know it won't take ages to change (or I hope so), but I'd love to play destro...
    They tried in s6 s7, and the result was that destro dominated PVE, PVP, and solo bursted people 100-0 in DCs

Deleted
    They tried in s6 s7, and the result was that destro dominated PVE, PVP, and solo bursted people 100-0 in DCs
    There's always room for another try. I didn't say that I want destro to be OP neither, just balanced. (I knw that you didn't say that I did but.. just in case)

Locks are indeed broken. But there is nothing new here. But, a affli lock + heal is still the bomb in arena. Now if you think 1c1, and it matters for many (duel, bg/rbg 1v1 fights etc), locks are one of the weakest.
    I used to play a lock during BC and destro lock in wolk, they were op: good controll, good survivability and amazing burst. Nowadays, when I play on my DK or my BM hunter, I -always- go for lock, because it's a guaranteed hk. They get globaled in 3 gdc (2k+ resi locks), fear breaks on 1 tick, no more instant seduce, weak dps overall compared to l33t 30ks from most popular pvp classes etc etc.

Obviously you do not play a frost mage...

This guy is a real pro. Like i always say, players like that make locks look op cause they are true champions. You will find maybe 1 player/10000 with this kind of skill. Dont tell me its easy to play like that, its not true. Warlocks are one of the most complex class to master, thats one of the reason i like them.

Warlocks are far from OP, they have to multitask like crazy if they want to compete with other faceroll classes. They are viable in pvp, yes, but they have it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Affliction is fine now in both 3's and 5's. 2's is shit anyway. We have 1 very viable pvp spec, lets not get greedy.
    Fine in 5s? Rofl. 5s is a zergfest. Affliction contributes absolutely nothing. You can be replaced with any other class an your team will be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylon View Post
    stop QQ and get skills. it is afterall casterclysm at this moment
    Casterclysm was the monicker given to it when we had patch 4.0.1a and were unable to advance past 80. It is not the case anymore, not even close in PvP anyhow. Also: Why all the "stop QQ" nonsense. He's not crying about anything, I only really see children use that phrase. He has an opinion on something and is voicing it to the community... who so aptly tells him to "stop QQing". I can't wait for 2 things: When the more mature, level-headed players leave WoW because of the innumerable number of morons with comments like these. And when all the snarky little turds are stuck making dumb comments to people exactly like themselves as no one else is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    stfu, l2p, l2kite, get more resil, quit QQing.

If all else fails, reroll or quit.

But most importantly, stfu.

People think, and always will, that locks are OP. Reasons? Who knows, but they just have no clue. As mkvitt said, warlocks can only play 3v3 atm, and yeah, you may say: D00D PVP IS AROUND 3V3. Well, PvP is about many things: World, BG and arenas. 3v3 arenas are like a 11% of the PvP content in the game. Why wouldn't I be able to enjoy playing the spec I like (destro), not the one I'm forced to (aff) (because I dislike it, i'd rather play other class, really), to play PvP...but just 3v3 arenas? Warlocks aren't fine. Whoever says that, has no clue.
    Agreed. The only spec that's remotely viable for 3's is Affliction. If you love it or hate it, you're stuck with it until Blizzard does something about it.