Question regarding problems wth being under Hit cap

Hi,

I know if you are under hit cap you have a chance to miss with a spell, but my guild leader has mentioned that not only u have a chance to miss, but your spells, even if they hit, they won't hit at full power. Is this true? I never heard or read anything about it. I thought hit only affected your miss chance, not the power of your spells.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your guild leader told you that if you get extra hit ( after the cap ) you'll give more damage, you should probably think about finding a new guild. Because that's WRONG.

Your guild leader is misinformed. Hit chance only affects just that, hit chance.

Deleted
    I hope for your sake your guild leader is also not one of your raid leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take off your (+hit) gear. Hit a level 85 dummy. See how much damage you do. Then go to the +3 level dummy and hit that. See what happens.

I think this is the case if what you are fighting is +4 levels. It was also the case when weapon skill was still in the game, and your skill divided by 5 was less than the level of the mob you were fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Take off your (+hit) gear. Hit a level 85 dummy. See how much damage you do. Then go to the +3 level dummy and hit that. See what happens.

I think this is the case if what you are fighting is +4 levels. It was also the case when weapon skill was still in the game, and your skill divided by 5 was less than the level of the mob you were fighting.
    This might not be a good example, as most hit gear has int on it as well, which will reduce your SP.

Reforge your hit into expertise :P