tip vs frost mages

For those of u who are still whining about Frost Mages (even if that is sooo pre patch) here's a tip for 3v3 arena: always tunnelvision the mage and cc the healer.
    If you got a hunter, you're chances of winning increase by 5000%. A hunter and DK or rogue is even better. The mage won't be able to cast any polymorph or frostbolt, only spam some instant CD's, counterspell and icelance... nerfing his dps and crowd control. Also hunters just utterly buttrape mages in 3 sec. Oh yeah, bring a priest to dispel iceblock. Good game! Seriously, stop whining about mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I've seen much wine Post-Patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So you're talking about 3v3 yet you mention 4 classes we need to kill mages?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    For those of u who are still whining about Frost Mages (even if that is sooo pre patch) here's a tip for 3v3 arena: always tunnelvision the mage and cc the healer.
    If you got a hunter, you're chances of winning increase by 5000%. A hunter and DK or rogue is even better. The mage won't be able to cast any polymorph or frostbolt, only spam some instant CD's, counterspell and icelance... nerfing his dps and crowd control. Also hunters just utterly buttrape mages in 3 sec. Oh yeah, bring a priest to dispel iceblock. Good game! Seriously, stop whining about mages.
    where is the tip?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what sort of nerfs were frost mages hit with last patch?

What rating are we talking that these mages are coming in with at least one partner dc'd and a healer who stays chain-cc'd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Can't say I've seen much wine Post-Patch.
    I have. "I lost to a frost mage in a bg...QQ...nerf them!!"

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like how many classes you've listed to counter 1 mage. But in all seriousness, mage control didn't get hit at all, their jump spamming ice lance did.

QQ is clearly the best ability to counter a Mage

Personally, ive noticed the easiest way to kill a mage is to have a rogue run their opener on it so it hits its blink, ice block (if damaged enough), or its trinket then have a fury warrior come in and hit every CD in a nice firework of big numbers.
    Works for me, we have a disc healer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Personally, ive noticed the easiest way to kill a mage is to have a rogue run their opener on it so it hits its blink, ice block (if damaged enough), or its trinket then have a fury warrior come in and hit every CD in a nice firework of big numbers.
    Works for me, we have a disc healer to.
    yea, i do the same thing except the priest is shadow for the silence, and we bring a resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    .. easiest way to kill a mage .. have a rogue .. then have a fury warrior come in .. have a disc healer to.
    Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post
    yea, i do the same thing except the priest is shadow for the silence, and we bring a resto shaman.
    QQingshaman.. I'm reporting you for taking 4 people into a 3v3 Arena match.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Umm, since when? I don't believe I've had a problem with a hunter at any point during this Xpac or any other. I've taken 2 hunters on at the same time as a frost mage (They were mostly epic arena gear, some blues. They were from our server lol). Anyway, I had 60% health left. Sheep one from invis, and the other will die almost as soon as deep freeze is over. Less than 10 seconds to kill one. I'd suggest not using hunters for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaybackX View Post
    Umm, since when? I don't believe I've had a problem with a hunter at any point during this Xpac or any other. I've taken 2 hunters on at the same time as a frost mage (They were mostly epic arena gear, some blues. They were from our server lol). Anyway, I had 60% health left. Sheep one from invis, and the other will die almost as soon as deep freeze is over. Less than 10 seconds to kill one. I'd suggest not using hunters for this.
    you're not really impressing us (the hunter you sheeped from invis didn't bother trinketing?) nor are you really doing a great job making mage QQ less of a problem if any of this is true, which really, I doubt it is.

just another "MY EPEEN IS THIIIIIIIIIIIS BIG" post.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Sorry for being ignorant, but what sort of nerfs were frost mages hit with last patch?
    mage armor 50% -> 35%
    mastery from 8 baseline to 2 baseline (15% nerf in frozen target damage, i believe)
    ice lance buffed to compensate for mastery reduction by 15% but only during fingers of frost.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    So you're talking about 3v3 yet you mention 4 classes we need to kill mages?
    quoting the OP:
    A hunter and DK or rogue is even better.
    can you not comprehend what an "or" means? one "or" the other. not both. hunter + DK ORRRRRRRRRRRRR hunter + rogue.

then he mentions a priest, presumably the healer.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    What rating are we talking that these mages are coming in with at least one partner dc'd and a healer who stays chain-cc'd?
    personally i find the higher rating i get the more i DC :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

"even if that is sooo pre patch"

Funny how frost mages were a absolute joke for me prior to the patch - Now I can't touch them at all, literally. I might as well be playing a warrior as my main. At least then I can dominate melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?