Thread: Fire AoE's

Fire AoE's

Having a problem figuring out the AoE rotation for fire. Assuming Combustion is not available, you can Living Bomb, Blast Wave (which causes instant flamestrike), and then impact if you get a proc. Then what? I remember having to Flamestrike 8 and 9 because each rank caused a different tick, but you can't do that anymore.

Does it make any sense at all to spam instant flamestrikes? I'm assuming you'd get the initial FS damage, but do the ticks from two FSs stack? If not, what is recommended to do while you're waiting around for Blast Wave to come off cooldown?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends on which mobs you are AoE'ing. If it's mobs like the slimes that spawn in the Cho'gall fight, I say you should spam flamestrike because they die quickly, but if it's Maloriak heroic with Vile Swills (spelling), you should probably stand there nuking 1 target with using blast wave every time you can, then spreading your ignites.

Fuji hit the nail on the head. Also adds that die quick (Magmaw adds if you actually kill them and Cho'gall bloods) Flamestrike spam... save a Pyroblast for the DoT spread if you can. Maloriak vile spawns you'll want to use Flamestrike to proc impact not primary damage spell (Blastwave for dark adds as actually a bad thing from my personal experience as you don't want to slow them). Ignite will be your top damage effect for long term AOE.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

So you're basically saying that when spamming Flamestrike, you're basically doing it for 1) the initial hit spam, and 2) to get impact to proc. The dot component is either negligible, don't stack, or both.

That seems more than reasonable. Thanks.

Throw in a Dragon's Breath for good measure.
    This space is available for rent!

Throw in a Cone of Cold for that extra tad bit of damage - tis what I do.
    LB - blast wave - impact - dragon's breath - cone - lb - blastwave - you get the picture
    when you get combust start w/ pyro (crit) - lb - yea