Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/231800/2011-02-25

Intel SSD only there for price-reference, they didn't have a whole lot of other SSDs.

Edit: those are "roughly recommended" - I didn't put much deeper thought into the specific parts.
    Last edited by mmoc0e39bc26e4; 2011-02-25 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    Since your budget is quite high, wouldn't it be an idea to buy a 64 or 128 GB SSD for OS and your most used application?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I assembled for your 19000kr budget. http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/232294/2011-02-25

The site is in Swedish, but it's still very visible what parts there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    This is what I assembled for your 19000kr budget. http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/232294/2011-02-25

The site is in Swedish, but it's still very visible what parts there are.
    GTX 580 is overkill for typical gaming (which means single or even dual monitors on the highest possible resolution and settings). I7 2600k is just simply a waste of $$$ for gaming, because the i5 2500k is much cheaper and gives you the exact same gaming performance. You would be much better off buying a high end card for half the cost of the GTX 580 now and use the money you save to upgrade in a couple of years. A GTX 580 might give you an additional year of gaming power tops over a card half its cost.
    Last edited by nwo; 2011-02-25 at 10:19 PM.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    GTX 580 is overkill for typical gaming (which means single or even dual monitors on the highest possible resolution and settings). I7 2600k is just simply a waste of $$$ for gaming, because the i5 2500k is much cheaper and gives you the exact same gaming performance. You would be much better off buying a high end card for half the cost of the GTX 580 now and use the money you save to upgrade in a couple of years. A GTX 580 might give you an additional year of gaming power tops over a card half its cost.
    Jump the bandwagon more, and did you read the OP? I maxed out the OPs budget. And i72600K is still more powerful than i52500K, because even if it's crap value for it, the i72600K has more cache, and if you turn off HT you get an identical CPU apart from the cache and standard clock speed. There's also a lot of other things surrounding gaming that can take advantage of hyperthreading, such as Simcraft and video editing.

The GTX580 is overkill, yes, but it's nonetheless doubtlessly part of an ultimate gaming build, and there isn't much else to dump money on. Would you prefer a larger SSD, 16GB of ram, 20TB of storage HDDs for all the p*rn instead? I can't think of much else to potentially upgrade to dump money on, and I can only speak for myself when I say I'd take the monster GPU any day above all the other extreme specs on the table.

The GTX580 is overkill (snip) to dump money on
    Precisely.
    Also, you chose 4 sticks of 2 GB RAM over 2x 4. Your choice, although lower timings are 1.65v.
    While it can handle 1.65, intel recommends 1.5v for the 1155.

Jump the bandwagon more, and did you read the OP? I maxed out the OPs budget. And i72600K is still more powerful than i52500K, because even if it's crap value for it, the i72600K has more cache, and if you turn off HT you get an identical CPU apart from the cache and standard clock speed. There's also a lot of other things surrounding gaming that can take advantage of hyperthreading, such as Simcraft and video editing.

The GTX580 is overkill, yes, but it's nonetheless doubtlessly part of an ultimate gaming build, and there isn't much else to dump money on. Would you prefer a larger SSD, 16GB of ram, 20TB of storage HDDs for all the p*rn instead? I can't think of much else to potentially upgrade to dump money on, and I can only speak for myself when I say I'd take the monster GPU any day above all the other extreme specs on the table.
    Which particular bandwagon are you talking about? Common sense? Or, econ 101? If so, then yes, I'm definitely on board! Just because the OP stated a budget does not mean he has to use every last cent. You can always spend money elsewhere or save for a future upgrade. I said it before and I will say it again, i7 2600k gives absolutely no performance increase in games, and it is a waste of money unless you are using a lot of multi-threaded applications that support HT.

Why would you want a monster GPU? So you can get 250 fps instead of 150? Ya, that's money well spent, or dumped, as you like to put it. If you are going with an i7 and planning to utilize the virtual cores, that probably means you will need more than 4GB of RAM for the type of work you are going to be doing.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You will do very fine with the "unicorn" described in this post, I especially like the case, seen it at a friend's and it's a really thought-through product. He bought it for 120€ and deems it worth every cent.

Also, in the post is a comment on the above mentioned i7-2600 (sandy bridge). If you want one of those, wait until march/April, it might be worth it.
    I agree, that case is absolutely amazing I just made a set up with it and its seriously the best case ever. TONS of space. Its freaking huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Which particular bandwagon are you talking about? Common sense? Or, econ 101? If so, then yes, I'm definitely on board! Just because the OP stated a budget does not mean he has to use every last cent. You can always spend money elsewhere or save for a future upgrade. I said it before and I will say it again, i7 2600k gives absolutely no performance increase in games, and it is a waste of money unless you are using a lot of multi-threaded applications that support HT.

Why would you want a monster GPU? So you can get 250 fps instead of 150? Ya, that's money well spent, or dumped, as you like to put it. If you are going with an i7 and planning to utilize the virtual cores, that probably means you will need more than 4GB of RAM for the type of work you are going to be doing.
    The build I suggested has 8GB of RAM.

As for the GPU issue, the large budget indicates, to me, that the OP has a stable income and will be able to buy a new computer for roughly the same budget in the future, thus your upgrading argument is null. If someone tells you "Hey I want a race car and got 100.000 euro to spend on it, can you help?", you don't suggest a Volkswagen. I did my version of what the OP requested and nothing more. Whether you think it's a waste or not is completely irrelevant, because OPs requests will be highly dependent on his economical situation. If your economical situation is different than his, it's natural that you're going to have a different opinion, for you. But it's uninteresting, because OPs budget is OPs budget, making a build not remotely close to the price is changing the budget and therefore changing the request, that you did not make.

Precisely.
    Also, you chose 4 sticks of 2 GB RAM over 2x 4. Your choice, although lower timings are 1.65v.
    While it can handle 1.65, intel recommends 1.5v for the 1155.
    Clever.

Fair point about the RAM though, you're probably right I focused too much on the timings.

Deleted
    Components found at http://www.komplett.se which is one of the most trustworthy shops in the north (norway denmark and sweden)

2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX 2990kr each
    Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL8 1199kr
    Corsair AX 850W PSU 1539kr
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Big Tower Svart 2289kr
    Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K 2495kr
    Lite-On Blu-Ray Reader IHOS104-37 695kr
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (64MB cache) 725kr

Total 14.922kr

There is a motherboard missing but untill the new boards is out all you can do is wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Components found at http://www.komplett.se which is one of the most trustworthy shops in the north (norway denmark and sweden)
    But about as good as onoff/elgiganten/siba. IE, not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    There is a motherboard missing but untill the new boards is out all you can do is wait.
    Yea. A week, at most.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    A week, at most.
    For those who don't speak Swedish; The post says

"Asus and MSI reports that the most popular models are flown to Sweden at the end of next week and that more supplies follow shortly thereafter. Around the same time received less coverage of Gigabyte

Volumes that are on the way, is not enough to meet demand, especially with regard to customers who are waiting to have their motherboards replaced, which is "top priority". Only a few weeks estimated retail shelves replenished."

As for the GPU issue, the large budget indicates, to me, that the OP has a stable income and will be able to buy a new computer for roughly the same budget in the future, thus your upgrading argument is null. If someone tells you "Hey I want a race car and got 100.000 euro to spend on it, can you help?", you don't suggest a Volkswagen. I did my version of what the OP requested and nothing more. Whether you think it's a waste or not is completely irrelevant, because OPs requests will be highly dependent on his economical situation. If your economical situation is different than his, it's natural that you're going to have a different opinion, for you. But it's uninteresting, because OPs budget is OPs budget, making a build not remotely close to the price is changing the budget and therefore changing the request, that you did not make.
    Although that is a fairly good point, all I have to say is that you can't compare apples with oranges. When choosing a car, you don't just look at the specs and its stat sheet, you look into a lot more than that and I do not think I need to list the details. When choosing a PC, all you do is look at the specs and its stats or performance. Sure, you can change the case and make it look different, but that's not the point of this discussion. The point is: it is simply illogical to throw away money on PC hardware that will not give you any real/noticeable benefit over using cheaper hardware. However, it is unclear exactly what the OP's intentions are.