Poll: Should 40 man raids come back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bring back 40 man raids. Poll:

Ok this thread has more than lily been created before. I just wanna see the interest of bringing back 40 man raids.

Discuss plz.
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

No, all 40man raids were good for is carrying people and lag.

No.

40 man raids were terrible.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Said it before, said it again - in a lot of cases (read: not all), most people who want 40 mans back were never placed with the responsibility of organizing the damn things, or even A PART of them.

It was an absolute NIGHTMARE to set these things up. You could have 10 people slack through the first bit of Molten Core, and once you hit the later bosses, they couldn't anymore and you either had to compensate or find other people that possibly could have been worse. It was just a joke.

Definitely a no for 40 mans. 25 is plenty. The lower the number, the more personal responsibility on each player = a much more productive environment.

Btw: This is brought up at least once a month, if not much more frequently, around here.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2011-02-23 at 09:04 PM.

Can you put a third choice, "Not in a million years!"

No. Never. Worst idea I have read in a very long time.

It can be hard enough to get 25 player together who aren't idiots. 40? Go do an IoC or AV and tell me how that goes.

Deleted
    Whoever does not miss 40-mans has no heart. Whoever wishes them back has no brain.

Yes, but perhaps only in a hardmode only sense, for the absolute top guilds. Just a bit more content, and really would reinforce the idea of bring the player not the class, where 10m HMs suck so hard now.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Herding blind cats.

No.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Whoever does not miss 40-mans has no heart. Whoever wishes them back has no brain.
    couldnt have said it better myself

Deleted
    When i want to do a 40man i go AV xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Pretty much. As much ... fun? ... as they were I would never wish that back into the game.

God doing MC with 39 other people made me wanna cry in a corner. 40 mans should stay dead AV is enough lol

I would love to do 40man raids. However, we're sometimes having a hard time filling up our 10man group. Also, it would have to drop 15 items to make the average loot-hungry player happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh thx for the replys guys. I never played pre bc 40 mans and just wanted know people past exp in them. i can see were your coming from with carrying people but they seem like such good fun. The lag part u guys are on about now is abit daft condiering u can get a perfectly running comp for about £500 wich mine cost and i run AV on ultra with 60 fps.
    But yeah thx for the replies guys apreciate it.
    Sun Tzu

Wink

I voted yes, but only under an OPTIONAL raid mode of current content. With today's communities, it will not be as fun as people may or may not remember it being, and they will be hell to organize. Pretty much... maybe make a 40 man lockout separate from 10s and 25s, but under the same instance zones...kinda if you get what I'm trying to get at

Bring back larger raids yes, definately, This game has turned into a small group MMO. 40 or 72 man would be great, and with that we would get larger guilds instead of 878923 raiding guilds on each server.

Deleted
    You're in a 10man, doing hardmodes: Everyone has to do their job, one or two people die or slack and it makes it much more difficult.
    You're in a 25man, doing hardmodes: You can carry some people that don't have the gear/attitude, but not many.
    You're in a 40man, doing hardmodes: You might not always have a full group, and if you do it's likely that half of your members are undergeared or slacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMorgler View Post
    Bring back larger raids yes, definately, This game has turned into a small group MMO. 40 or 72 man would be great, and with that we would get larger guilds instead of 878923 raiding guilds on each server.

Hmm sounds interesting 72 man would idd be awsome
    Sun Tzu