Prot: Just hit 85.

I leveled as ret and I must be doing something horribly wrong because my dps was just horrendous, so I decided to switch to prot as I'd played a pally tank since TBC days.

I just hit 85 yesterday evening and threw together a prot set. I'm wondering if I should reforge any more out of dodge/parry in favor of mastery. I know I'm missing a glyph but that's only because when I hit 85 there were no Holy wrath glyphs on the AH. Anyway, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/lamin/simple

Deleted
    EJ's Prot Paladin Thread; Read that, it has everything you need to know and more.

There is a lot about this on other threads if you want to check em out on MMO.

Bascially the majority of people agree that mastery is the most valuable stat until you are block capped (102.4)

So your stat priority for reforging is mastery>dodge/parry>hit/expertise>crit/haste.

Not sure to reforge dodge or parry for mastery? Just try to keep them close since they have the same DR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stats: Mastery>All.
    Mastery is the primary stat you should be reforging into as a Paladin Tank.

You shouldn't be reforging into Mastery, the Mastery should already be on the gear you have. If it's not then look to replacing it. But ya if it's not on there and you are working to replace it then reforge into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    EJ's Prot Paladin Thread; Read that, it has everything you need to know and more.
    EJ is not a very good place to go looking for prot pally questions. Maintankadin is a much better source.

As Ozy said, stat priority is Mastery>Dodge~=Parry>Stam>Exp>Hit
    You want your Dodge and Parry to be as close to each other as possible, rating wise. the percentage will be different as Parry gets more %per point of rating than dodge does, but they get equal amounts of diminishing returns.

If you have gear w/ no mastery then reforge to mastery. Anything else reforge to try to even out parry and dodge ratings.

For the few gems you got they look ok, but for red sockets I'd go w/ Fine Ember Topaz
    Reds get Fine Ember Topaz, Blues get Puissant Dream Emerald and Yellows get Fractured Amberjewels.
    Last edited by Nakiami; 2011-02-24 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    EJ is not a very good place to go looking for prot pally questions. Maintankadin is a much better source.

As Ozy said, stat priority is Mastery>Dodge~=Parry>Stam>Exp>Hit
    You want your Dodge and Parry to be as close to each other as possible, rating wise. the percentage will be different as Parry gets more %per point of rating than dodge does, but they get equal amounts of diminishing returns.

If you have gear w/ no mastery then reforge to mastery. Anything else reforge to try to even out parry and dodge ratings.

For the few gems you got they look ok, but for red sockets I'd go w/ [COLOR="Dark Orange"Fine Ember Topaz[/COLOR]
    Reds get Fine Ember Topaz, Blues get Puissant Dream Emerald and Yellows get Fractured Amberjewels.
    All the information I can find reforging on maintankadin is said, with less detail, on elitistjerks. Most of the other information is similar and hardly and of it differs completely! I do check both, but I'm not interested in the maths of my class, and EJ's easier to handle imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    EJ has been known to give too much stat weight to Hit and Expertise, which anyone worth their salt will know is not the case. Maintankadin is just more consistent.