Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Whats up with locks and 'green flame' ?

Over the years i've been seeing these two terms together, and also how they finally got it with fel flame. So could someones please explain to me whats it all about?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that hard. We use fel-magic. Read more about fel here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Fel
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Green fire is seen as more demonic, and many demons have "fel" attacks which use green effects, especially fire. See also: Shadowmoon Valley.

Many warlocks would prefer green fire for their spells, as it would distinguish them from mages and add to the "demonic energy" feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks like shooting green fire? It's seen as a class symbol, but they've never had a standard green fire ability until now.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

i know its a pointless and bad skill

10+ Year Old Account
    As pointed out warlocks do not use "fire" magic per se, they use fel fire magic. Fel fire is supposed to be green.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Warlocks like shooting green fire? It's seen as a class symbol, but they've never had a standard green fire ability until now.
    isn't chaos bolt green-ish?

I'm red/green color blind and have trouble distinguishing between different shades of reds/greens so dont flame me if it's not ><
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post

I'm red/green color blind and have trouble distinguishing between different shades of reds/greens so dont flame me if it's not ><
    Yes it is, felflame is technically the second green fire spell, although chaos bolt didn't originally do fire damage, it did "chaos" damage ,but they later changed it to fire.
    Last edited by leaks; 2011-02-24 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    I think some of you misundersood me. What i meant was is there some funny reason other then obvious lore ones, why locks like green flame so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I think some of you misundersood me. What i meant was is there some funny reason other then obvious lore ones, why locks like green flame so much.
    Oh well in that case warlocks like green Purple and green are warlock colors. At least that's the colors that come to mind for me.
    Plus I'm sure many warlocks were tired of most of our fire spells being direct animation copies of mage spells. Hell at least a druids wrath and a shamans lightning bolt are different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    It has already been stated. Because of the obvious lore reasons and to be distinguished from mages.

I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Deleted
    the worst thing were the copys made of warlocks by the valkyre in icc , which actually had a green rain of fire

Deleted
    We pretty much just want it to be different than mages. It's so persisent because it is so easy to justify with existing lore (as stated above; Fel (green) + Fire = Fel Fire (green fire)) and "just changing the colour" sounds like something that is really easy to do (although according to Blizz, it's actually quite complicated to modify effects).

Deleted
    Yeah.. and Fel Fire isn't enough green fire, Incinerate and Immolate should be green!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarumaru View Post
    the worst thing were the copys made of warlocks by the valkyre in icc , which actually had a green rain of fire
    That's kind of equivalent to the ToC Lightwells which don't blow ass.

Blizzard seems to enjoy designing NPC abilities with the same name or concept as player abilities, but giving the NPCs better versions than the players'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    That's kind of equivalent to the ToC Lightwells which don't blow ass.

Blizzard seems to enjoy designing NPC abilities with the same name or concept as player abilities, but giving the NPCs better versions than the players'.
    WTB General Drakkisath's Conflagrate!

Back during the Burning Crusade pre-expansion event, every mob with Fireball, Fire Blast, Flamestrike, and most other fire spell were altered to have green fire to celebrate.

So we knew they had the animations for it then and it got a bunch of us excited as Warlocks. We thought it'd be nice for the demonic expansion.

It used to be possible through "other" means, however, the cataclysm patch basically locked the patches required to run it. rather irritating i must say. Hopefully a workaround will be found eventually.

Edit: It seems it is doable now. If you know where to look for the info you'll find it. I wont divulge it here though as it is against the ToU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post

It is green-ish. You are right. :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    It has already been stated. Because of the obvious lore reasons and to be distinguished from mages.

I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Sig'd!

OT- There really are no comical reasons for it unless you wanna picture Gul'dan going, "Okay...I'm awesome...but how can I make myself more awesome? Those mages also use fire...I GOT IT! I'LL USE GREEN FIRE!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead