Thread: Bubble Bot

Bubble Bot

So I'm starting up full time raiding again, and my GM is convinced that disc is the worst healing spec because shield spamming isn't viable anymore. So I head over to world of logs, to prove to him that after the buffs, disc is much better than it was. In looking over the logs, I find that most, if not all, the top 500 disc priests are shield spamming. Are we really back to being bubble bots again?

Deleted
    Those logs are from before the nerf so we're not bubble botting anymore. Disc is still quite powerfull though, and so are shields, it's just not the only spell we use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Invinciblebug said.

Quote Originally Posted by Invinciblebug View Post
    Those logs are from before the nerf so we're not bubble botting anymore. Disc is still quite powerfull though, and so are shields, it's just not the only spell we use.
    I was hoping most of those numbers were pre-nerf, I just couldn't find a single person who wasn't spamming PW:S.

In decent gear it will still be 40-50%(glyph included) of your healing post-nerf.
    The other heals used btwn throttling your shields depend on your raid situation.

Shield spamming is still pretty viable. If they really want to stop it, they're gonna have to do something else. It was basicly like, increased mana cost? Challenge accepted.
    Reckoning 10/13 (H) - We're recruiting!
    Kazomi - 85 Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    I was hoping most of those numbers were pre-nerf, I just couldn't find a single person who wasn't spamming PW:S.
    You will never see another log top the ones you are seeing on WoL untill people in full T12 or 13 go back and do the fights. While you cannot sort by date [to my knowledge] on the rankings, a date column is provided. Just look for the top log post-re:re:fix and reference that.

Requesting thread lock.

In 25 man, you can have a disc priest being a Bubblebot and get away with it.. without much downside. Although disc priests have many more tools... they really don't need to use them a lot of 25 man fights. Although some disc priests are just refusing to accept it

10 mans are completely different though!
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Quote Originally Posted by Broccolii View Post
    In 25 man, you can have a disc priest being a Bubblebot and get away with it.. without much downside. Although disc priests have many more tools... they really don't need to use them a lot of 25 man fights. Although some disc priests are just refusing to accept it

10 mans are completely different though!
    Our Disc Priest has several WoL healing records to his credit from right before the nerf happened in 25s (normal). He was bubble spamming last night and yelling for Innervates over vent just to see how high he could still get...nowhere close to where it was before, but still OP.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by shifta View Post
    Shield spamming is still pretty viable. If they really want to stop it, they're gonna have to do something else. It was basicly like, increased mana cost? Challenge accepted.
    Viable if you have like, 3 mana tides and 5 innervates, yes.

OP: Sorry, but your GM is a noob. I've healed 12/12 as Disc with no issues at all, topping meters on at least half the fights; and starting on Heroics it's still pretty nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

That's a pretty big exaggeration. I usually only get 2 Mana Tides, and that's enough. A big portion of it is on the priest to manage their cooldowns appropriately.
    Reckoning 10/13 (H) - We're recruiting!
    Kazomi - 85 Disc Priest

Bubble botting will still be around and it will be even more viable when we get even better gear than we have in this expansion, its still pretty viable now once u get a feel for how the other healers your working with do. Also managing your cooldowns properly and intelligently helps and using mana pots etc. If they want to discourage us from using it they need to find a better way id say its still 55-65 percent of my healing even after the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Viable if you have like, 3 mana tides and 5 innervates, yes.

OP: Sorry, but your GM is a noob. I've healed 12/12 as Disc with no issues at all, topping meters on at least half the fights; and starting on Heroics it's still pretty nice.
    He's not a noob, just ignorant on some of the newest class changes. For my 'retard check' he was tanking and chain pulled H-GB wotlk style, and shit himself with how good I was doing lol. It doesn't really bother me if he think's the spec sucks because it makes me look that much better when I'm hanging with or beating the other healers in the raid.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonixx View Post
    Bubble botting will still be around and it will be even more viable when we get even better gear than we have in this expansion, its still pretty viable now once u get a feel for how the other healers your working with do. Also managing your cooldowns properly and intelligently helps and using mana pots etc. If they want to discourage us from using it they need to find a better way id say its still 55-65 percent of my healing even after the nerf.
    I was thinking about how to fix bubble spamming, and had an idea of adding a second PW:S spell. One that's cheap and for minor damage, the other a big shield with say, 6 second CD. And them make them share the weakened soul debuff, which would bring some choice into which shield you should place on the target.

An other idea I had, would be to be to change how soul warding works. Instead of reducing the CD of PW:S like it does now, make it only reduced the CD of PW:S while AA is active. Of course, this means AA would probably be need to re-worked. It'd be similar to how Druid's Lifebloom can only be on one target at a time unless tree form is active.
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2011-02-24 at 06:47 AM.

Power Word: Shield's duration appears to have been reduced to 15 seconds from 30 seconds in the latest PTR build. This will have the same effect for priest bubble-botting as did the nerf to the durations of Rejuvenation and Regrowth for druids.
    Last edited by Entbark; 2011-02-24 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entbark View Post
    Power Word: Shield's duration appears to have been reduced to 15 seconds from 30 seconds in the latest PTR build. This will have the same affect for priest bubble-botting as did the nerf to the durations of Rejuvenation and Regrowth for druids.
    i dont think...... 1 hit and the shield is gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entbark View Post
    Power Word: Shield's duration appears to have been reduced to 15 seconds from 30 seconds in the latest PTR build. This will have the same affect for priest bubble-botting as did the nerf to the durations of Rejuvenation and Regrowth for druids.
    Not so much a nerf to bubble botting as it is to pre shielding.

As for current viability of bubble botting, I raid 10 man and shield often does ~50% of my healing. If you like to call that bubble botting sure but it's certainly not like pre 4.0.6 and definitely not like FotLK.

those ways could work scandore, i was thinking maybe buff divine aegis more, maybe give it more benefit from mastery and reduce the mastery benefit pws gets by half or so..... that would encourage us to use poh pom heal etc for the divine aegis procs, in b4 just spam prayer of healing lol ... Spamming poh doesnt get the likely results unless the raid stacked and no one is oor of you, so i think it would be a better way to discourage us from just bubble botting. the pws would still be worth the mana per hps but it wont be as attractive to spam