Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you think Destruction is "dry" and boring but you prefer Demo? Demo is the EASIEST warlock spec to play. You cast Immolate once and you NEVER HAVE TO CAST IT AGAIN (barring multi-dotting). Therefore you have to only keep BoD/Corruption up & meta/HoG on c/d. The rest of the time you're spamming shadowbolts unless MC procs and you cast 3x Incin. And then <25% = Soulfire spam while keeping dots up. Really? And you think Destro is "dry"? Pfft. I find it harder to keep myself awake when playing Demo.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-02-25 at 12:03 AM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Wait you think Destruction is "dry" and boring but you prefer Demo? Demo is the EASIEST warlock spec to play. You cast Immolate once and you NEVER HAVE TO CAST IT AGAIN (barring multi-dotting). Therefore you have to only keep BoD/Corruption up & meta/HoG on c/d. The rest of the time you're spamming shadowbolts unless MC procs and you cast 3x Incin. And then <25% = Soulfire spam while keeping dots up. Really? And you think Destro is "dry"? Pfft. I find it harder to keep myself awake when playing Demo.
    Except for timing cooldowns around burn phases, bouncing Decimation procs off adds, multidotting Immolate for more MC procs. It may be pretty "dry" on Patchwerk, but then so is every spec in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you find the spec dry then I believe your raid awareness could use some work. There's always something to do, there's always something to watch for, such as hard casting a Soul Fire with the hit debuff on Chimearon such that it wears off as your cast goes off. Or being a good example of what other people should do on a fight rather than moving poorly. Or multidotting, or timing your casts to land on shield mechanics, or maximizing your movement dps.

There is a whole other level above "I do my rotation flawlessly w/ proper bane of havoc use" for every spec in the game, you just have to want to go there.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    There is a whole other level above "I do my rotation flawlessly w/ proper bane of havoc use" for every spec in the game, you just have to want to go there.
    That can apply to any spec in the game too. I don't find Destruction has the right 'stuff' going on to make me want to - perhaps that's down to feeling I don't really need to since I can produce what I find to be acceptable numbers doing the above. Demo and Affliction I feel needs that extra bit of effort to get that bit more out of them, so it feels more rewarding to do it and that by extention makes me want to. That's the difference for me at least. Others might think differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Except for timing cooldowns around burn phases, bouncing Decimation procs off adds, multidotting Immolate for more MC procs. It may be pretty "dry" on Patchwerk, but then so is every spec in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka
    That can apply to any spec in the game too.
    Yeah it definitely can.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    For the people who think destruction feels "dry", affliction feels even worse
    Affliction is supposed to be/used to be the spec where you have to watch all your timers.. yet it's easier to keep the dots up (even on 2 targets) as affliction than it is as destro.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    You didn't play Destro in TBC did you? The rotation was Curse of Agony -> SB -> SB -> SB etc.
    Though I must say even at this level of simplification, I still found plenty to do during the TBC boss fights. But you hit the nail on the head. Anything will be more interesting than just shadowbolting all...day...long. Heck, you could drop the curse of agony for Elements and still be top dps easily back then.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think." - Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.) - Starship Troopers

Guild Member : What If I'm suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion and can't join you for the raid tomorrow?
    Guild Leader : Then you'll have to control your mouse with the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Na, that curse of agony would be a dps loss. It was just Curse of Shadows => Shadow bolt spam.
    Doom was still worth the gcd, assuming ofcourse the mob would be alive for another minute. Personally I had fun with shadowbolt spam, there are so many things you can do during a boss encounter that doesn't involve your rotation, or atleast there was before the rotation became constant cooldown watching.