Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, while you wait here's a fun informational video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GR5_X1CfUA
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Well, while you wait here's a fun informational video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GR5_X1CfUA
    Well with the new Asus mobs, they have the UEFI to replace the old 25 year old BIOS system and you get the new graphical "BIOS" that allows you to control much more settings & use your mouse. There is a feature on the Asus p67 that lets you click from "Stock" settings to a 1 click Overclocked setting, and its even called "EZ Mode"

Click for full-size

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeq View Post
    Well with the new Asus mobs, they have the UEFI to replace the old 25 year old BIOS system and you get the new graphical "BIOS" that allows you to control much more settings & use your mouse. There is a feature on the Asus p67 that lets you click from "Stock" settings to a 1 click Overclocked setting, and its even called "EZ Mode"

Click for full-size
    I'm aware, I have an Asus P67 :P The "1 click TPU Overclocking" got me 4.7GHz within 5 minutes lol
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah should have read your cpuz but its so small on my screen lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah should have read your cpuz but its so small on my screen lol
    lmao, yeah. I love the UEFI it's definitely a nice change from the old Bios. The TPU on the P8P67's is amazing as far as ease of overclocking and is quite reasonable on what it sets as voltages and BCLK/Multiplier values. Overall I love my board and so far the only flaw has been a minor one that was fixed in a bios update.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So; With the Asus p67 for example it can hold 32g of ram and I see people mostly max out at 8g 4x 2gbs

Is it worth it to say use 4x 4gbs and go up to 16gb?

10+ Year Old Account
    So; With the Asus p67 for example it can hold 32g of ram and I see people mostly max out at 8g 4x 2gbs

Is it worth it to say use 4x 4gbs and go up to 16gb?
    Yeah, RAM won't hold back overclocking or anything on Sandybridge I'm planning to grab another 2x4gb set possibly since RAM is so cheap

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on making a new setup within next 1-2 months just for my girlfriend to play with mainly, and I want her to feel like she will be unstoppable when she moves from her Mac desktop to a custom machine.

I5 2500K
    Asus P8P67
    4x 1600 DDR3 4GB Ram @ 16G (Not sure if I should do Corsair or GSkills)
    Corsair HX 750W PSU
    Corsair H50 Water Cooling
    nVidia 460 (EVGA probably)

Inside a CM HAF 922 or HAF X - Just want all black

10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully RAM doesn't matter as much on Sandybridge as last gen. Even with dual channel Sandybridge gets more memory performance than any i7 on LGA 1366 with its triple channel. The 2500K definitely is an amazing processor especially for its price and should last a good long time without any slowdowns in performance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's been playing on her 2.16Ghz Mac with 1GB 667 DDR2 from 2006 haha.
    Watching her go into Orgrimmar makes me cringe. It can handle most raids just barely.

Just excited to see her face when she goes into a raid with full settings and 0 lag.

Deleted
    im very happy with my asus p8p67 (no -pro -deluxe -le, just the standard version). i did not trust the auto-overclock since my old asus board (p5q pro) was pushing way too much voltage on the cpu with auto-settings, so i did the oc part manualy.
    only problem i encountered was with the ram, after setting that to 1600MHz (modules are rated for that but mb defaults to 1333), after 2 or 3 reboots it gave me an "overclocking failed, please check your settings" error. but hey - fixed that by enabling "power on by pcie" (wich has nothing to do with ram, but whatever, it works).
    running that system for about a month now, i can recommend that board without worries. only thing its missing feature-wise (that any sane person would use, aka tripple- or quad-sli does not count) is an eSATA port, there only is an adapter to be used on one of the regular sata-ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    ASUS P8P67 Pro has an eSATA port, you could have gone with that one if you needed eSATA. Most decent new-ish cases will have a front eSATA port that can be connected to the board header, that could have been an option too.

I recommend the ASUS P8P67 Pro for a Sandy Bridge system but on a tight budget the regular P8P67 is great too, and if you need to go a bit cheaper, the MSI boards are pretty good.

Deleted
    I posted about the same info in another thread , sorry for that. But i got the MSI gd65 mobo and 2600k CPU. Ive been trying to find the best setup for WoW. With the overclocking profiles and intels turbo boost feature its easy to create a OC setting just for WoW. anyway. The best results ive got is when i dont tuch the config file to enable more cores and instead i just turn off 2 of the cores, making it easier for me to get to 4.9ghz on dual core mode. The thing is that something must be wrong since i still get some heavy FPS drops when flying around. Dont know but maybe 4gb dominator RAM isnt enough, running at 1866 mhz. HT still seems to be shaky but i havent seen any improvement by turning it off. (all of my tests have been with 3d vision)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1529/1/

I think I may get a full refund on my Asus P67 and try out Sapphires lol