Failing Druid. Please help :(

Hello. I've been playing on my NE Druid for the past 2 years now and have enjoyed it. When Cata came out i was ecstatic but it has actually caused me trouble. Now that the talent tree's have been changed and the stats are now all loopedy loo, i have no clue what to do.

Im being told to "have 40% Mastery" or "More intellect". I do know what stats i need and that its just that my talent tree has been bugging me. I hate asking people for help but this is driving me nuts. Ive only been able to pull 4.5k DPS when i Wrath i could pull 8 or 9. I go with a 32/3/6 model that me and a guildy crafted (because i am new to this site i can't post a link to my Character but i am Zohara of Anvilmar server)

I know my gear may not look that good but i have gotten some new stuff recently that the armory may add quickly. I don't car about my healing spec, just my balance. So if any boomies out there can help me please reply to this thread, I cant even do randoms anymore without being kicked and im making no progress

Thanks for reading, i really appreciate the help

P.S i am a PvE druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathews411 View Post
    Hello. I've been playing on my NE Druid for the past 2 years now and have enjoyed it. When Cata came out i was ecstatic but it has actually caused me trouble. Now that the talent tree's have been changed and the stats are now all loopedy loo, i have no clue what to do.

Im being told to "have 40% Mastery" or "More intellect". I do know what stats i need and that its just that my talent tree has been bugging me. I hate asking people for help but this is driving me nuts. Ive only been able to pull 4.5k DPS when i Wrath i could pull 8 or 9. I go with a 32/3/6 model that me and a guildy crafted (because i am new to this site i can't post a link to my Character but i am Zohara of Anvilmar server)

I know my gear may not look that good but i have gotten some new stuff recently that the armory may add quickly. I don't car about my healing spec, just my balance. So if any boomies out there can help me please reply to this thread, I cant even do randoms anymore without being kicked and im making no progress

P.S i am a PvE druid
    You can start here: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110353-[balance]_cataclysm_release_updated_4_0_6_a/

Deleted

P.S i am a PvE druid
    No idea why your being told to get 40% mastery :/ , mastery is about as useful as crit atm and they are both pretty naff, basically stack int and haste you cant go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamthewolf View Post
    ... Why would you give him that spec? Unless he has the gear to not run Oom yet, he needs Moonglow, at least.

Uh really? Just read the sticky at the top of the druid forums "The Moonkin Guide - Cataclysm edition" will have all the answers you could ever need
    "Why are you a Druid? So that I can let any person in the raid know that I'm only 5 seconds away from being better at their job than they are."

Here's one I think you'll find helpful: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+can+I+impro...mprehension%3F

I really do appreciate the help of both of you. I do see what both of you are saying. The link to the talent tree was useful but i found some stuff i didn't think i need. i dont think i would need Perservance, or Solar beam. Fungal growth is another because i dont see the use in it. I do not think i need Moonglow since i get Clear clensing a lot and the mana reduction wont really effect it. Should i put 3 points in Furor for the extra mana though? Thanks both Reemix and Iamthewolf again on helping.
    Last edited by Mathews411; 2011-02-24 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stack int untill you're awesome. Oh, and reforge som mastery to haste. Heck, reforge EVERYTHING to haste!
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

All your gear is unenchanted and not socketed. What do you expect? Your dps won't go up if you don't try at least.

Values of stats and tips for spec, gear, and rotation can be found in the sticky in this forum.

Your spec is almost ok, except for not getting Genesis but Owlkin Frenzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your reforging is...confusing me.
    Hit into mastery? Haste into hit?
    As already stated but I guess it cannot be stated enough, haste is your most valuable secondary stat by a lot, after that you'd go for mastery before crit. (Of course after hit cap).
    Add some proper gems and get some enchants.

Also, how's your rotation / dot uptime?
    You should be able to do more than 5k dps just with dots I think. =p
    Thundercunts and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Your reforging is...confusing me.
    Hit into mastery? Haste into hit?
    As already stated but I guess it cannot be stated enough, haste is your most valuable secondary stat by a lot, after that you'd go for mastery before crit. (Of course after hit cap).
    Add some proper gems and get some enchants.

Also, how's your rotation / dot uptime?
    You should be able to do more than 5k dps just with dots I think. =p
    Thanks for the comment. I did spend most of last night reforging stuff to get my hit cap. I may have that hit into mastery by accident still (missed it). Now i have my hit cap should i go for spirit or haste? my rotation is faire fire, moonfire, insect swarm then starsurge. Then i spam wrath to lunar, then starfire to solar (i usually get some shooting stars on the way). I know i may not be gemmed or enchanted i just dont wanna spend 500g on gems and enchants on a chest piece that i may replace soon (but now im taking the chance). I really do appreciate the help from all of you. It means a lot to me.

faire fire
    ?? Why in the world would u go and make that?
    As someone said, go read some EJ basics, would help you alot. Also, i didnt find any link to your armory so we can actually look.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Nir/advanced
    [A]Pure 8/8 HC 25 man on Turalyon EU. Looking for...... YOU!

Thanks for the comment. I did spend most of last night reforging stuff to get my hit cap. I may have that hit into mastery by accident still (missed it). Now i have my hit cap should i go for spirit or haste? my rotation is faire fire, moonfire, insect swarm then starsurge. Then i spam wrath to lunar, then starfire to solar (i usually get some shooting stars on the way). I know i may not be gemmed or enchanted i just dont wanna spend 500g on gems and enchants on a chest piece that i may replace soon (but now im taking the chance). I really do appreciate the help from all of you. It means a lot to me.
    If you already reached the hit cap, why the hell would you even consider getting more spirit? Do you even know what the stat does except giving you hit? It increases your mana regeneration when not in combat. Please, try to do some research yourself before asking questions. Because some questions are indeed stupid. Asking whether you should get more spirit after reaching the hit cap is one of them.

You already got linked the Elitist Jerks thread about moonkins, go read it instead of asking silly things like "spirit or haste?".

Quote Originally Posted by Romi View Post
    ?? Why in the world would u go and make that?
    As someone said, go read some EJ basics, would help you alot. Also, i didnt find any link to your armory so we can actually look.
    If you read the very first post it says i can't because im too new to this site

If you read the very first post it says i can't because im too new to this site
    There is a great moonkin guide stickied at the top of this forum (as others have pointed out). If you really want to improve, it comes with some effort on your part, so the bottom line is: do your homework.

Once you have specced, geared, and reforged, gemmed, enchanted your gear as the guide tells you, AND learned the rotation (both while standing still and moving, and also single target vs aoe) and you still find you underperform, then we can talk again and see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathor View Post
    There is a great moonkin guide stickied at the top of this forum (as others have pointed out). If you really want to improve, it comes with some effort on your part, so the bottom line is: do your homework.

Once you have specced, geared, and reforged, gemmed, enchanted your gear as the guide tells you, AND learned the rotation (both while standing still and moving, and also single target vs aoe) and you still find you underperform, then we can talk again and see what's what.
    I have read the sticky and it was quite helpful. I really dont like guides because its only from one opinion (though possibly the best), while in forums i can get opinions from everyone. I am grateful for the comment, im now pulling 7k DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have read the sticky and it was quite helpful. I really dont like guides because its only from one opinion (though possibly the best), while in forums i can get opinions from everyone. I am grateful for the comment, im now pulling 7k DPS.
    Guides on major fora like EJ or MMO-champ are usually safe and quite accurate, because anything that's wrong with them usually gets torn to shreds by other people pretty fast. That's the beauty of a public forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Guides on major fora like EJ or MMO-champ are usually safe and quite accurate, because anything that's wrong with them usually gets torn to shreds by other people pretty fast. That's the beauty of a public forum.
    This, especially EJ. Though most guides, especially on MMOC are based 100% off EJ theorycrafting.

Also, most of the time the 'opinions' from lots of people on forums are wrong. So, I'd be careful about that too.

Oh, and ^5 Mortimer for your avatar

I really dont like guides because its only from one opinion (though possibly the best), while in forums i can get opinions from everyone.
    On the other hand guides on forums aren't really "from one opinion" since people in the community will bring their contributions too.

If you ask for opinions from everyone on forums, 25% of people will tell you that the BOE staff from Bastion of Twilight is not for boomkins...