Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard bans hundreds of people every day for botting - and what you're doing is considered botting by Blizzard - are you sure you want to take that chance?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I use my keyboard ( microsoft sidewinder x6) I program to push "e" every 3 sec and have a macro for prospect...
    example

/cast prospect
    /use elementium ore

I know is not legal typical, but hey there are 1 million bots out there destroying the game, and I ll get ban because of this?I don't think so... It would be the most ironic thing ever happened..
    While I think you're more-or-less safe with this little thing, why not just bind it to your scrollwheel, go windowed mode, and just scroll away like there's no tomorrow?

Deleted
    if i make a machine (outside of my computer) that presses the button on my keyboard that my prospect macro is linked to every time the loot menu dissappears, is that bannable? since it's still 1 physical button press.

nzall It's still pretty much the same as a bot, but using physical hardware instead of software. It's against Blizzard's policy so there's still a slight chance you'd risk a ban, but not likely.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    However, as it's a non-internet-aware piece of external hardware, while it's technically bannable, they would never know. So-called "hardware macros", like the G15/19 and Sidewinder keyboards provide, actually use a hardware driver that WoW can detect.

Well the thing with the keyboards is, sure they can detect your Logitech software running in the background, but it's normally always running in the background for 100% of people with the keyboards so I see where the difficulty comes in to see if you're using it's macro features or not.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

While I think you're more-or-less safe with this little thing, why not just bind it to your scrollwheel, go windowed mode, and just scroll away like there's no tomorrow?
    I tried many keybinds to spam.. but the thing with keyboard is that I can leave it to prospect and then go for pee or to get something from other room e.t.c. I don't know why I must do this one by one.. all professions are recipe base and have a button "create all"

Considering that Blizzard bans hundreds of people every day for botting - and what you're doing is considered botting by Blizzard - are you sure you want to take that chance?
    I am just 99% sure that blizzard will not ban me for this.. I think when they detect you run something illegal a GM is coming to see what you are doing while you cannot see the GM. I play 5+ years the game, it would be too cruel to ban me for this.. in worst case I am expecting a 1 day ban or something
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They usually start off with probably a 3-day ban... unless they think your account is compromised or you're botting. Bots usually get a full ban as the first step - one of my friends was banned for Glide botting in early BC, and another was banned for something like what people keep bringing up - he used a "hardware macro key" to do a "while pressed do" type macro (not on a Logitech or Sidewinder, but on a similar device).

So yes, they do look at these things, and yes, people DO get banned for them.