Thread: So...Al'Akir...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Al'akir felt hard like hell when we first tried it, but it really isn't hard at all. I actually like the fight over Cho'gall a lot. I find the mechanics more interesting and p3 really epic.

In P1 Al'akir won't cast Wind Burst if he's casting electrocute, so tell your tank to start moving right before Al'akir is going to start casting Wind Burst if he is going to have to dodge a tornado wall soon and he should be able to avoid it rather soon. It took us a few tries to actually figure out that the tornado walls come form each side in turns, left-right-left-right or right-left-right-left so there was actually no need to yell about them much after the first one. In P1 falling off the platform isn't bad if that's the only way you can avoid the tornado wall, but you should only fall off by your own choice. Being fury warrior in this fight I can't really relate to the caster mechanics though since I have two intercepts and heroic leap and am at melee range normally.

In P2 iceblock and paladin bubble removes acid rain stacks. It's well worth using those to help healing. Stacking the debuff is fairly trivial if you have a plate dps (or maybe feral druid), preferably paladin or dk who can as far as I know generate extra threat without losing ability to use some of their abilities (overpower/raging blow for warrior). Just gather and whack down to under 20% hp two adds. Kill the third add as it spawns. Taunt and get aggro of the fourth add as it spawns and liberally start killing your low hp adds to stack the debuff up relatively fast. Once you have just one add left you can go to your dps stance/presence or remove Righteous Fury and start dpsing down the adds instead of even trying to tank them. At that point you should call for all your ranged raid members help kill the adds as soon as they spawn too: You'll want to have them down fast so that the debuff keeps up and so that you won't have more than one add tops for P3.

P3 is a piece of cake once your players know what to do. You can even go through the black clouds really fast if you run out of space to move: our first kill was with only two people alive for last moments of P3 so we had to do that.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-03-24 at 01:26 PM.