Thread: RIP Body & Soul

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RIP Body & Soul

Body and Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield or Leap of Faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 12% 30% for 4 sec, and you have a 50% chance when you cast Cure Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
    Body and Soul: When you cast Power Word: Shield or Leap of Faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 25% 60% for 4 sec, and you have a 100% chance when you cast Cure Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.

A straight 35 % movement reduction on body and soul.. pretty big nerf =/ Is this a PvE nerf or a PvP nerf?

I can see it being a lot less useful suddenly, it being the only reason I have a holy offspec for certain boss encounters.

Please remember to take those figures with a grain of salt. Those are not only datamined figures (inherently less reliable than official numbers), it's also extremely early in the build.

Boddy and Soul rly is alpha and Omega of the holy tree ='( would hate to get that talent nerfed on me priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Please remember to take those figures with a grain of salt. Those are not only datamined figures (inherently less reliable than official numbers), it's also extremely early in the build.
    I guess. Let's hope this is the case, as I see no reason to nerf this at least not in PvE, I can not speak for PvP as I don't really pvp much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    I guess. Let's hope this is the case, as I see no reason to nerf this at least not in PvE, I can not speak for PvP as I don't really pvp much.
    It can be REALLY annoying in PvP, but doesn't really warrent a nerf. But, on the other hand, WHY do priests need a 60% movement speed increase?

Pretty much this. But i doubt your words will be heard . But ill quote it anyway so perhaps one or two people more are reading it.

As much as I hate this, I saw it coming

Only class atm who can speed up/entirely move friendlies
    Rather they just gave another class a similar ability than nerf B&S

Not a huge thing but on fights like Atramedes its quite a huge difference atm if you've got a raid low on movements of their own

I will also quote this in hopes more people read it. Datamined information is datamined. Early PTR build is early.

Deleted
    It's the 2 talent points I consider least important so... yeah. If it's nerfed, I'll just get blessed resiliance instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I will also quote this in hopes more people read it. Datamined information is datamined. Early PTR build is early.
    I guess so :/

I really hope this isnt going anywhere final. B&S doesnt deserve a nerf.

So the increased shield cost wasn't enough. Let's just make the whole talent useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    It's the 2 talent points I consider least important so... yeah. If it's nerfed, I'll just get blessed resiliance instead.
    Already have BR, probebly picking up Spirit of Redemption and 1 filler in Divine touch i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by freyaether View Post
    So the increased shield cost wasn't enough. Let's just make the whole talent useless.
    Those are old changes already made, look at the hunter aspect its already live.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Those are old changes already made, look at the hunter aspect its already live.
    Ye ye. I meant that the higher cost of PW:S also reflects to B&S making sure u cant just spam shields to help your raid get out of fires and stuff.

But by the looks of it 4.1 is going to be a disappoinment anyway with recycled instances and very little content. I hope there's much more to come.

The topic chosen is very very apt. B&S is dead with this change.

I lived through ToC in WoTLk as a holypriest just fine. Not because I did good healing, far from it. Not because I could heal forever, nothing could be further from the truth. Not because I was able to keep a tank alive, despite Ghostcrawler's vocal opposition to the thousands of holypriests stating they were useless at it. Not because my awesome lifesaver spell actually worked (it bugged 70% of the time). I was a frickin' liability to my raid due to the state of my class. Yet I was good for something. I was the speedbubble-bot. That was my one true strength. And any depression I got from beign in that state was quickly dispelled when I was cruising through Dalaran at mount speed while unmounted. For a short while at least.

B&S, I will miss you. Rest in peace. The new perversion is not worth talking about.

As much as this is early in the build, shows you really what Blizzard are thinking and how clueless they actually are to even suggest this.
    Last edited by Sparkiee; 2011-02-24 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    I'm praying that this information isn't accurate. Speed Shields are a major asset to the spec. If this is true, we will be gaining a movement bonus which is less than that of the shaman's ghost wolf.

Deleted
    B&S and leap of faith is the only things that can make you push that little extra as a hpriest. I use LoF and BS every single fight to help pweople get quicker from point A to B, out of fire and when to gather up for example. Being able to do this while healing makes your role more interesting and demanding. Spells like these separate the healbots, "Whack-a-mole"-style, and healers who can get that little bit extra out of their class.

Part of the reason could be that it makes normal and heroic atramedes rather trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Only class atm who can speed up/entirely move friendlies
    Not quite true. See Stampeding Roar, Aspect of the Pack, Crusader Aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entbark View Post
    Not quite true. See Stampeding Roar, Aspect of the Pack, Crusader Aura.
    Doesn't aspect of the pack daze you if struck? Not very useful in combat. And why on earth are you dragging Crusader aura into this discussion?