Thread: RIP Body & Soul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Honestly, I expected a nerf like this to come sooner than later. Body and Soul is pretty strong in PvE, but no where near overpowered. Considering the new 4-piece bonus for the Priest healing PvP set, however, which allows the priest 4 seconds of snare immunity, the combination of that bonus and Body and Soul is unquestionably strong. Holy Priests may not have a substantial representation in arenas, but Holy has always been a very strong RBG spec.

I think a 40% increase in movement speed would be a decent compromise, but I would hate to see this nerf go live as is.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    I'll also quote this from obvious Wrath Babies. Not sure what game you guys have been playing. The nerfs are rarely adjusted during PTR. It'll go live. Then they'll nerf it even worse. I'll predict 10%/20%
    Please feel free to post the plans for your time machine, since you are obviously from the future if you are claiming that these changes will definately go live with no changes or adjustments. Of course, you could just be posting your own whiney opinion and pretending it's a fact...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Oh my god...
    They nerfed a really fun spell. WHY?! This was the most fun spell to have... for example jumping off the elavator boss and using leviatate to travel fast... speed people up at atramades... now its almost useless. Think im gonna be picking up divine touch/rapid renewal/blessed resilence then
    R.I.P Body and soul

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Please feel free to post the plans for your time machine, since you are obviously from the future if you are claiming that these changes will definately go live with no changes or adjustments. Of course, you could just be posting your own whiney opinion and pretending it's a fact...
    Or he could be going on the basis that since early Cata alpha people have been saying Resto shamans were broken and it took till 4.0.6 to fix with a straight 15% buff to EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkiee View Post
    As much as this is early in the build, shows you really what Blizzard are thinking and how clueless they actually are to even suggest this.
    Even though holy priests are the only ones who provide a speed buff that can be imperative for encounters and even make some trivial because of it? Seems pretty logical to me. I hate losing it on my priest for my raid, but I'd rather they do that than have to design encounters considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraxxus View Post
    Or he could be going on the basis that since early Cata alpha people have been saying Resto shamans were broken and it took till 4.0.6 to fix with a straight 15% buff to EVERYTHING.
    That clearly has a huge amount to do with the Priest talent Body and Soul. "Blizzard didn't buff my class fast enough which means every class is going to get nerfed forever and Blizzard hates us" doesn't really help discussion, and "I got nerfed once" isn't a legitimate excuse for saying that something being tested on the PTR will definately go through without any changes to it's current design.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-24 at 06:02 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Official notes from Blizzard:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

They make no mention of a nerf to Body & Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The topic chosen is very very apt. B&S is dead with this change.

I lived through ToC in WoTLk as a holypriest just fine. Not because I did good healing, far from it. Not because I could heal forever, nothing could be further from the truth. Not because I was able to keep a tank alive, despite Ghostcrawler's vocal opposition to the thousands of holypriests stating they were useless at it. Not because my awesome lifesaver spell actually worked (it bugged 70% of the time). I was a frickin' liability to my raid due to the state of my class. Yet I was good for something. I was the speedbubble-bot. That was my one true strength. And any depression I got from beign in that state was quickly dispelled when I was cruising through Dalaran at mount speed while unmounted. For a short while at least.

B&S, I will miss you. Rest in peace. The new perversion is not worth talking about.
    Not that I don't sympathize, since most all classes got at least some nerf with this build, but... your post is pretty hyperbolic for someone wanting to be taken seriously. I very seriously doubt that "thousands" of Holy priests turned out at the *OFFICIAL* forum at the Blizzard site (literally the only place that feedback matters, period. Sorry, mmo-champ) to explain to Blizzard how useless Holy priests were during ToC (assuming you meant TBC, since ToC was a raid instance in the expansion -->) and WotLK. I'm sure you could probably find a thread with a thousand views where priests were complaining, or even a thread with a thousand responses... but considering my own personal experiences with the Blizzard forums, I doubt it would be more than about 15 very vocal people repeatedly spamming the same thread.

That being said, I adore the Body and Soul talent, and I'm very sorry that you guys are getting such an uncalled for nerf. I just wanted to toss out how melodramatically overwrought your post came across as.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    * Leap of Faith no longer functions inside raid instances, raids were bringing priests to help kiting in the air phase on Atramedes. This goes against our "bring the player, not the class" philosophy.
    ^

Also:

*We feel that Holy Priest survivability is too high compared to other healing classes, and therefore we are removing your ability to properly run away from other people. Also, we think that forcing your talent points into certain talents is a great idea, because we didn't like our old philosophy anymore where you could actually choose between some nice, nifty talents.

OT: I do realise this is just green text, and 4.1 has only been announced recently, but if this change reaches live then I'm rerolling disc, again.

Keep whining about a nerf to a rarely used niche talent. Or...

Spec

Disc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    if you think, for one second, that a holy priest is going to lose their raid spot due to this change (pending it actually happens in the first place) then you sir/ma'am.. need to rest the crack pipe for just a bit longer.
    No, dear sir/ma'am, I do not think that. That's what I was trying to say. I wrote: "If you follow that logic, whithout being able to speed up people, you won't get your raid spot." If you follow that logic! I was trying to show how ridiculous that is.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4763?page=4#67 Body & Soul is not getting nerfed, it was simply a datamining error.
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-02-24 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Blue post confirms it is an error. It is NOT getting nerfed.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...oul-nerf-in-41

10+ Year Old Account
    And I was so sure about my theory, damn!