al akir phase 1 priorities

Hi all,

Got a couple of questions that i wanna ask, as a healer (resto druid) what are the skills that i should avoid for priority. sometimes i get stuck into situation like. if i have to run in for windburst, i'll not be able to avoid tornadoes, vice versa. if blizzard patch is infront of me, and and windblast is casting should i run through or just take the wind blast. taking tornado vs jumping off platform priority too.

I downed him once but that was one of the few attempts that i didnt get much complications for it.
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

Jumping off the edge or getting knocked off by a wind burst is ALWAYS a better idea than getting hit by the tornado. End of story.

Ice patches are minor inconvinience. Run through them if needed, you can easily survive it.

Staying in YOUR assigned area so you don't chain the lightning > Squall lines > Wind burst > ice patches.
    If you can't avoid being sucked in by the squall lines AND the wind blast at the same time, then jump off the platform - 10 seconds of being incapacitated > 10 seconds of losing HP, where you might die or survive depending on your other healers, and then getting thrown off for 10 seconds more of being incapacitated.

i get what you guys mean, my main problem now is people dying during my 10 seconds of incapacitation. yes, the 2 rdps in my range and i always try to keep hots up on tank. in the end they swapped me to be the melee healer and everything was fine. but i wanna find out how to overcome the issue i had in my original position.
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

What you can also do, is when you see wind burst coming and a tornado, you can move towards the tornado to get through it before wind burst, or away from it so when you get hit by wind burst you'll still have time to dodge it. It can cause some problems with the lightning though.

Deleted
    And that is exactly why you shouldn't move right or left. If WB and tornado are lining up, just jump off the plattform.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    And that is exactly why you shouldn't move right or left. If WB and tornado are lining up, just jump off the plattform.
    Sounds good unless you're the tank... It's almost always possible to stay on the platform. People should move away if they see other people move towards them, that's it.

Realistically you should never need to run off the platform.

A trick that your guild can use if they are having issues with people an tornados is that Al'Akir will NOT cast windburst when the tank is not in melee range. He will keep the stacking Electrocute spell up. Because Phase 1 should only last ~2-4 tornado passes, your tank can pull away from the boss until everyone has cleared the tornadoes, healing shouldn't be too intense but if it is, you can easily just pop a cooldown since the healing in P1 is fairly low if you are spread out well enough.

How are you forced to choose? You can move side to side too. If a wind burst and tornadoes are going to coincide run to the tornadoes, get through the gap and then move in for wind burst. Alternatively move away until after the wind burst then go through the tornadoes. As a druid you have many abilities available to help you with this. You should never be in a position where you are unable to avoid both.

Deleted
    It's always better to jump off the platform then to get stuck in the tornados, but you shouldnt have to choose between the two since its easy to predict where the tornados ill be when wind burst is inc. But if you do, and your raid is spread properly around the platform noone will die under the time you are gettin back up anyway.