Question Who Pwns More - Aff Lock or Spriest?

Hello.
    Discuss.
    Now.

But seriously, who has the edge in world PVP against all classes?. I heard spriest vs lock in duels they are pretty much 50/50, so which fairs better against other classes like melee, and survivability in BGs especially?

Mechanic wise they just so similar, but so far i have found spriest simpler. There's so much shit to control and monitor with the lock...

Arena i know about, both are viable in a number of comps.

it depends on the scenario and who you're facing… i play both, afflic lock at 3.4k resil, spriest at just under 4k resil and while they are extremely similar in some aspects, they are totally different in others… spriest are so much more "bursty" than locks, and locks have a ton more control that spriests.. its a bit of a trade off

as for world pvp, i def have a lot of fun on my priest, i prefer being able to "jump" someone with a bunch of unsuspected burst damage, rather then controlling them through cc's and slowly taking them down, gives them much more time to react and assess the situation imo

*gonna make an edit here: should be noted that since 4.0.6 afflic lock is highly dependent on support, making them so much better in 3s than 2s.. lock/healer is absolutely not what it used to be (in part because of mana drain, because their dots alone atm really are nothing special for healers to keep people up through in 2s)
    Last edited by Avora; 2011-02-24 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    My mate with I play 2v (affli) beat every spriest around. Duel or arena and doing realy well in bgs. Dunno about details, but looking on him ill say totaly lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afflic lock. Far more control than a spriest. Spriest can really only bring a lot of offensive utility and burst, unless they're focused they only really have dispersion to rely on if they try to heal they run oom very fast. Afflic lock can spread damage amongst many targets efficiently while being able to keep themselves up since Soul Link is OP and in very tight situations Demonic Teleport away. Both suffer a lot from dispels, though I believe Spriest beat out locks against healers since they still have their mana burn. When melee get up in a spriest's face its hard to get them off you especially warriors since you don't have a reliable slow, only root breakers, fears, horrors, and a casted root.

spriests as of right now, warlocks arent in a good place for pvp atm..

Thanks for input guys, keep em coming. Pre 4.0.6 id say definitely locks, but now its getting closer.

Is aff lock and Spries good team for 2's?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Is aff lock and Spries good team for 2's?
    Spriests can work, locks absolute shit. Use lock for 3's 5's