Paladin Spell Changes and its impact on Retribution.

Hello everyone,

as in regard of the newest Spell Changes (which ain't reliable to the death, but aren't to be ignored either) Sacred Shield will have its internal cooldown altered from 30 to 60 seconds.
    This is annoying but was to be expected since it always procced when getting low.

The thing that disturbs me the most, however, is the part that belongs to the "Holy" Spell Changes:

# Word of Glory: 20 sec cooldown

But with Walk in the Light Holy Paladins may reduce WoG's cooldown to zero seconds. That said it seems Blizzard wants WoG to have a cooldown for Prot and Ret.

Opinions? If that is the truth I really don't know what to do.. This would be an utter joke, but it is too early to QQ.. But I have a bad feeling. I'd be out if that makes it to live, though. WoG is just WAY too weak to have it on a 20 sec cd. I don't see any justification since sick self healing demands procluck, big procluck. Without the procluck there's also no healing.. At least nothing compared to what warriors, dk's, rogues (well, rogues can heal pretty sick but in combination with vanish or resetting fights in another way etc, it's a bit different here) and so are able to pull out on themselves.
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2011-02-24 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    I think this is the direct result of people screaming about insane ret self heals. As usual people are yelling without actually understanding that there are consequences for using the spell. If we use WOG it means we are not using a 3TV and it means we will have to wait for another 3 stacks to be able to use either TV or another WOG. People for some reason think this is just a big free spell that we are able to cast endlessly with which is hardly the case. Sure we can use it but only at the cost of a large dps loss.

In short its the usual story. People complaining about something they dont understand and for some reason blizzard has listened this time =)

You have to understand Pally 101
    5 steps to being a paladin
    1. We get a small buff everyone says PALLYS OP
    2. enough ppl QQ
    3. bend over
    4. Cry a bit
    5. NERF BAT

and thats how pallys always were and still are

Ret Pallys in current state vs old ret pally
    Divine Sorm = Sux now --- use to be useful
    Bubble = sux now --- use to be useful
    Any other sort of pally aoe = Sux now --- use to be useful

Blizzard has always taken from pallys and dont understand we are slightly the gimpiest class when it comes to survivability in PVP

Example:
    Mage - Hunter-Lock - Spriest-ele shammy = Constant slow and runs away we have to change our seal just to catch them and then our DPS is bad.... and before someone says it Freedom = dispellable ..... Bubble = 8 sec 50% damage nerf then back to being kited

Rogue -War-DK -hance shammy = Gets the crap kicked out of them unless we pop mass CDS and now have no chance if we cant zealotry and WOG spam to live through their openers... O and blood DK ha gl killing that as melee .... Rogue o look he just lets recupe heal himself for more then I do in damage without CDS ....

ATM Pallys = Mages early BC
    Pallys bad DPS until (wings,guardian,Zealotry poped)
    Mages bad DPS until (Arcane power, Pres of mind, Pyroblast)

All in all Pallys are reliant on CDs to get close to killing people and now we wont even beable to survive a rogue for prob more then 30 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    No opinion as far as holy goes as I have not played that spec since kara was released.

However as far as prot & ret goes its a definite nerf, question is was the nerf warranted ?

For ret I would say somewhat, according to arena junkies there was actually above a 1% showing of ret paladins in the top 100 teams of all brackets combined for a short wile & we know "blizzard wont tolerate that will they", because for some reason were not supposed to be viable in all specs like others are.

At the end of the day what we need is better mechanics & different mechanics for self survivability, ability to dps & ability to emergency heal because having them all use the same proc to such a degree means its impossible to balance.

For prot however it would have been much easier to simply have WOG scale differently when used on self then when used on others. This would have been effective for balance of pvp prot as well.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 04:13 AM ----------

OH also in terms of class balance, its very sad that after so many expansions & class overhauls that completely new games like champions online 9which is free to play) and rift (which is still in beta) can do a better job with pvp balance & telling the player base clearly what they want a spec/class to be without all the complete contradictions between what they say & what the design is.

I guess its to be expected though since the heads at blizzard (GC, Kalgan, Furor, Tiggole etc...) never had any experience with game development or class balance when they were hired at the start of TBC. Its also very sad they were hired in the first place given they were all avid everquest players who were outspoken about hating equal balance among specs & resorted to purposely crashing servers to try & threaten that games designers into keeping the specs/classes they played at a clear advantage over others.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-02-24 at 10:16 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Prob is Blizzard took all of paladins aoe ability away pritty much and also is giving us pure burst the entire point of the pally overhaul was to give us spread damage but instead its become all CDS pew pew and now ppl are QQ because a pallys only decent dps is burst .... Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Calm wayyyy down guys.

You're way out of line here.

Divine Storm which you are calling useless is getting buffed and those developers who supposedly joined in TBC, joined in Vanilla. Also, ranting against them and about other MMOs is really neither here nor there. Settle down a little and use an existing topic.

Locked.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-24 at 10:36 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines