Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    ^ Warlock as a whole seems really boring and uninspired in Cataclysm. In PvE they seem well balanced, but in PvP they require some love.

Affliction needs much, much more single target damage. A full row of DoTs with Haunt and Demon Soul deals around 40k damage, while pretty mcuh every other class can deal such damage in 2/3 gcd's. So either nerf down everyone to Affli's level or buff Affli's single target by increasing DoT damage by 20/30% but increasing Soul Swap CD to like 30/40 sec.

Destruction needs a total overhaul as Incinerates deal less damage than Disc's Mind Spike. It also depends on Immolate too much which has absolutely zero dispell protection. Destro also deals pathetic ammount of damage while trained.

Demonology needs an instant nuke other than Fel Flames. Demo is just too hard-cast dependant and it's nothing but a flawed mechanic in Cataclysm as everything seem to have 666 gap closers. And as i've said earlier- Hand of Gul'Dan needs to be either Shadow or Fire, not both. Getting locked out of any magic of 8 seconds is no fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    inc warlock UA silence being nerfed to 3 seconds for no reason.

Deleted
    No nerfs yet? Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock View Post
    If you are forced to spec a certain way as a warlock, it's usually as Demo.

Affliction is still great dps on a collection of boss encounters...it may not be TOP dps, but we're not subtlety rogues which is how most of you make it seem now.
    Name one encounter where Affliction would out dps Destruction. Being able to multidot and BoH gives Destro the edge on any 2 target fights. Single target is a joke, there's no way affliction can keep up w/ destruction. I'm talking after the patch I lost 2k damage on a Target Dummy, that translates to 4k in a raid setting, going to spec i've never played in my life.

that is a sign of broken, maybe not as bad as subtlety rogues, but still broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Deleted
    I have contacted GM recently and i was so pissed about the current state of warlocks especially for pvp. No one wants lock in 2s arenas these days ;/
    so GM told me this
    We see that at the moment warlocks are a bit underpowered class and its being worked out in 4.1, but unfortunatly i cannot tell you wthat exactly because i don't know and i don't work in that department.
    or something like that ;p

He also said we talk about 4.1 so soon changes should be seen i guess

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masky007 View Post
    I have contacted GM recently and i was so pissed about the current state of warlocks especially for pvp. No one wants lock in 2s arenas these days ;/
    so GM told me this
    or something like that ;p

He also said we talk about 4.1 so soon changes should be seen i guess
    He was giving you lip service. Not a lot of changes expected other than a pet rebalance and some non-hellfire aoe increases. 5% shadow damage for affliction is meant to make up for the complexity of the spec (NOT HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY) being greater than Destro and Demo (very straightforward)

R.I.P. YARG

I just want my Felpup back. Although a few Aff. buffs would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Shadow mastery is being buffed to 30%, nice .
    Was announced at start of 4.1 even. Atlest better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by masky007 View Post
    We see that at the moment warlocks are a bit underpowered class and its being worked out in 4.1, but unfortunatly i cannot tell you wthat exactly because i don't know and i don't work in that department.
    he means locks is now only "A BIT" underpowered , will be nerf to totally underpower in 4.1

I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the QQ with the felhunter. I mean these devs have not learned from auto-cast devour magic? WTF? First of all, this was the reason devour magic got nerfed because of the lack of "input" from the player, well how do you think Shadowbite is now? If it will crit 30k on pvp, it will be more focused than it is now, and we are ONCE again balanced around it attacking people because it's damage is the highest one the whole spec and the whole class is going to get! -_- And god knows they will remove the auto-cast portion because warlocks really need a new keybind and a new cooldown to watch out for!

Why can't they just put that burst to the warlock itself? Having your pet do the most burst damage in your WHOLE class is pathetic and incompetent design. Seriously devs? My 2.5 and 4 sec spells don't even crit as high as that! I mean, you gave us an offensive dispel on a looong cooldown which could've been useful as a defensive one, and now this? Stupid changes, really.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-03-17 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the QQ with the felhunter. I mean these devs have not learned from auto-cast devour magic? WTF? First of all, this was the reason devour magic got nerfed because of the lack of "input" from the player, well how do you think Shadowbite is now? If it will crit 30k on pvp, it will be more focused than it is now, and we are ONCE again balanced around it attacking people because it's damage is the highest one the whole spec and the whole class is going to get! -_- And god knows they will remove the auto-cast portion because warlocks really need a new keybind and a new cooldown to watch out for!

Why can't they just put that burst to the warlock itself? Having your pet do the most burst damage in your WHOLE class is pathetic and incompetent design. Seriously devs? My 2.5 and 4 sec spells don't even crit as high as that! I mean, you gave us an offensive dispel on a looong cooldown which could've been useful as a defensive one, and now this? Stupid changes, really.
    The pup wont do that level of damage unless you have all your dots rolling + draining. There IS player involvement because without those effects its still weak.

The reason why the pup got the massive buff to his bite damage was the succubus. She only required 1 glyph and she does tons of damage, which means shes better able to burst. The pup was weak as heck for pve and almost never used. With the new damage buffs it will be used in pve over her. This gives us more choice in pets than before.

If the enemy team will let you dot up a target and channel a big green beam on them they deserve to die. Felhunter wont be nearly as good as the succubus for pvp because its burst is so reliant on your dots staying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    The pup wont do that level of damage unless you have all your dots rolling + draining. There IS player involvement because without those effects its still weak.

The reason why the pup got the massive buff to his bite damage was the succubus. She only required 1 glyph and she does tons of damage, which means shes better able to burst. The pup was weak as heck for pve and almost never used. With the new damage buffs it will be used in pve over her. This gives us more choice in pets than before.

If the enemy team will let you dot up a target and channel a big green beam on them they deserve to die. Felhunter wont be nearly as good as the succubus for pvp because its burst is so reliant on your dots staying on.
    And in 4.1, those dots will stay with UA getting buffed. With that said, an auto-casted spell that screws up an enemy player without the input of the player will get QQed upon and will eventually get nerfed. Come on, we know how Blizzard caves in to QQ. And it doesn't take a genius to know that that kind of damage from a pet puts us on both advantageous and disadvantageous spot. Advantage, because it is on auto cast and it is mindless, hits hard. Disadvantage, because now, people would have more reasons to gib your pet, and on some occasion, you're actually forced to have your pet attack because of the damage it brings. Not only that, you're sacrificing a lot of your damage when you need your felpup to stay because of certain comps.

That is just not going to work. And trust me, once the QQ storm rolls, it will be nerfed and we will be compensated with nothing. And trust me, it will be a senseless change. Hello devour magic.

I'm not against buffing the felpup because it is should be the better pet for Affliction due to its demon soul effect, I just don't find this whole scenario to be realistic. It just gives them more excuse to not give us the damage we deserve. Nerf the hell out of our self healing and give us meaningful damage. Playing a warlock in pvp right now is so boring because you can't kill anything and you're demoted to a fearbot rather than an actual DAMAGE DEALER.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-03-17 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    And in 4.1, those dots will stay with UA getting buffed. With that said, an auto-casted spell that screws up an enemy player without the input of the player will get QQed upon and will eventually get nerfed. Come on, we know how Blizzard caves in to QQ. And it doesn't take a genius to know that that kind of damage from a pet puts us on both advantageous and disadvantageous spot. Advantage, because it is on auto cast and it is mindless, hits hard. Disadvantage, because now, people would have more reasons to gib your pet, and on some occasion, you're actually forced to have your pet attack because of the damage it brings. Not only that, you're sacrificing a lot of your damage when you need your felpup to stay because of certain comps.

That is just not going to work. And trust me, once the QQ storm rolls, it will be nerfed and we will be compensated with nothing. And trust me, it will be a senseless change. Hello devour magic.

I'm not against buffing the felpup because it is should be the better pet for Affliction due to its demon soul effect, I just don't find this whole scenario to be realistic. It just gives them more excuse to not give us the damage we deserve. Nerf the hell out of our self healing and give us meaningful damage. Playing a warlock in pvp right now is so boring because you can't kill anything and you're demoted to a fearbot rather than an actual DAMAGE DEALER.
    Alot of your argument stems from UA. Its not getting buffed, at least not that anyone but blizz knows. Datamining shows nothing changed with it and blizz hasnt announced anything about it. Right now its hitting like a freight train well beyond what anyone can call acceptable. This means there is a bug with it. Idd Love for them to alter UA to do more damage or be threatening.

And heres a way to look at the pups increased damage. Yes its autocast, yes you dont have to micromanage the activation of it. But you do have to keep the pet alive. You do have to keep the dots up on the target to allow it to do its damage. There is player input because i doubt, seriously doubt that any competent team will let you keep your dots up full time or keep your pet out. Its not like the pup can kite anyway.

What these changes are doing is giving us some teeth again. Even if there are easy ways to disable our output it still forces the oposition to deal with it. Right now we are crappy fearbots who cant really burst and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Name one encounter where Affliction would out dps Destruction.
    Boss is Immune to Fire... Like I found out the hard way when soloing that phoenix boss in Outlands

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB Immolated dispel protection PST tipping well!
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Boss is Immune to Fire... Like I found out the hard way when soloing that phoenix boss in Outlands
    haha i hope u werent doin this as destruction, aff is the way to go for that fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario