4.1: Confirmed, Discussion, Speculation

Background: I am a long-time WoW player, and have attended BlizzCon for the past 3 years and have an even closer eye on the development behind the game than ever so I can see what is coming up next. I expected 3 things from this patch, from BlizzCon showings and later announcements: Abyssal Maw dungeon, Firelands, and my legendary. What hit the PTR? So much, much, much more.

This is a secret rivaling the "Argent Tournament" announcement out of nowhere, except, many times more exciting. Here is what, we have, at 99%, to be coming up in this next patch. (What does this mean? Future patches will be bigger than ever before. They are ramping up. Faster patches, faster expansions, more games, Blizzard is hitting the ball out of this world in gaming.)

TWO Major events, that while both are coming in the patch, may not be simultaneously.

Cenarius' Battle (Realm-Progression Based Hyjal Event (Think Sunwell))
    1.) Firelands Raid
    - Gated likely.
    2.) Firelands Daily Quests (>Inside the Elemental Plane of Fire<)
    - Opened after all the below
    3.) Hyjal pre-event dailies
    - Pre-Patch or on patch shipping
    4.) Hyjal progression dailies
    - To advance realm event
    5.) Finished dailies
    - These stick around forever
    6.) After Ragnaros is defeated (At the Forlorn Spire attack), Anachronos will turn players towards the Caverns of Time
    - Transition into next raid tier
    7.) Preparation for 4.2: Caverns of Time, War of the Ancients
    //////- Tarecgosa: Nozdormu's Infinite Dragonflight Consort, probably she corrupted him? she acting as puppet for old god?////// whitetext is failed spec
    8.) Construction of Legendary
    - For the War of the Ancients

Gurubashi Empire's Revival (Realm-Progression Based STV Event (Think Sunwell))
    1.) Zul'Gurub Dungeon
    - NEW MOUNTS
    2.) Zul'Aman Dungeon
    - NEW MOUNTS
    3.) Transformation of STV via dailies
    - Quests.

Important but not event-related things:
    Dungeon Tier, modified dungeon finder, to follow new raid tier
    New dailies, Winterspring cub! All over.
    New Achievements for pets, etc.

QUESTIONS:
    Tarecgosa? I think it could be a mis-spelling or something of Tyrigosa, the consort of Kalecgos, and that is simply the return of the blue dragons, with Kalecgos taking over the flight.
    <Mathies> but, I guess a portmanteau of Tyrigosa and Kalecgos is Tyrecgosa. Almost perfectly actually.
    <Mathies> What if Tyrecgosa is simply the presenting of them together as the leaders of the new blue dragons?
    Last edited by Mathies; 2011-02-24 at 10:58 AM.

About the tarecgos question, what about a child? The heir of the blue dragonflight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or could Tarecgosa be the daughter of Kalecgos and Tyrigosa? :P

Come on, Zul'gurub is back again? And Zul'aman too? What's next, TK and SSC? What a load of rubbish. And yes, I realise there's Firelands too :\.

Deleted
    That Instance recycling is ridiculous, minium effort and still they can say its "new" content. I wonder how long they can pull it off

18.00 GMT RIFT Head start... thanks

Nice OP.

Still what annoys the hell out of me is all the whining about "recycled content". Nobody takes a moment to think about how much faster we get new content in patches now compared to the old days. Making brand new instances and raids all the time is extremely time-consuming.

I'd rather have some updated versions of old stuff together with the new stuff, than not get it at all. That's really the alternative here.

ZA and ZG were awesome raid instances, I for one am looking forward for this content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jext View Post
    Nice OP.

Still what annoys the hell out of me is all the whining about "recycled content". Nobody takes a moment to think about how much faster we get new content in patches now compared to the old days. Making brand new instances and raids all the time is extremely time-consuming.
    People are just looking for an excuse to stop playing. But they don't, they'll just keep whining...
    2981-6619-3396

Quote Originally Posted by Bionotics View Post
    People are just looking for an excuse to stop playing. But they don't, they'll just keep whining...
    QTF. If only we could be rid of them. Hopefully most of them go play Rift... where they'll start QQing again after a week.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'm am not intentionally trying to "flame" anybody on here, but I really don't see why you guys QQ so damned much about old instances /raids being revamped and all, it gives old players a chance to revisit alot of the older content in a competitive way instead of bringing only 1-5 people in to just step on it with not much challenge whatsoever, and it also gives newer players that perhaps did not play at the time when the instances /raids were hot and being raided weekly, also its only being introduced long enough to give the Blizz Dev's another month or two to finish developing the new instances, I personally have no problem with the revamps though, and neither do any of my other sensible friends I game with on WoW and in real life, I personally think its really cool to do them in a new competitive way instead of walking all over it and most of the time never do them and they sit and collect dust, seriously QQers stfu and just play and be happy that Blizz is atleast introducing something new in the meantime while they finish developing new things.