1. #1

    Official 4.1 brief introduction re-translate (bibi you might need this)

    Source
    Yep guys, the first major content patch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is almost completed it's development stage and we are getting ready to push some early updates onto the Test Realms. So you may ask: What will be there in 4.1 Test Realms (I believe you will do so right?)? So, here it comes!

    Remnants of the Gurubashi Tribe

    Originally released in Patch 1.7, the classic 20-man raid Zul'Gurub will open its gate once again, bringing new stories, new encounters and fully refined items! Zul'Gurub is now a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon, to help the Cataclysm dungeons provide a higher tier of contents. Players may find level 353 epic items in this Heroic dungeon. You have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter it.

    The Return of Zul'Aman

    The fan-favorite level 70 10-man raid Zul'Aman is also reborn as a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will both appear in the Heroic Dungeon list in the LFD tool, providing level 353 epic loot. You also have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter.

    Since Zul'Aman is back, you might be curious on whether the rare mounts will be back? Yes, we're proud to annouce that new rare-drop Raptor, Tiger and Warbear mount will be available, while the old mounts still have their unique beauty in hand. We will share a lot more on obtaining the new mounts.

    Class Design

    Though we only hope to do a small mount of balance changes in Patch 4.1, you can still expect multiple updates. The following are the ones we currently can share with you. Keep in mind these changes do not reflect all changes in Patch 4.1, and are not promised to be in the early Test Realm updates.

    First we want to balance the area attack potentials between different damage dealing talents, you can expect changes regarding this one in the testing phase.

    Inner Rage is now trainable at level 56. Originally it was given to solve the rage overflow problems, but it's not an issue to Warriors these days. We have implemented Warriors a new level 83 ability: Rallying Cry.

    Colossus Smash now ignores 70% of target's armor, down from 100%. We'll buff the damage of other Fury and Arms damage dealing abilities to compensate that.

    Word of Glory: We hope Retribution and Protection Paladins occasionaly do the right healing to others, but as we know Paladins sometimes feel that Holy Power is only for the healing. We rather like these specs use more Holy Power on damage abilities, and occasionally heal.

    More to Come

    We are still developing more features, updating balace changes and fix bugs for Patch 4.1. We will update the Test Realms in the upcoming days and weeks, and bring you more information on this.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    990
    I am happy to see that Word of Glory is going to spammable only for Holy Paladins. Ret/prot pallies were still 1-man armies in low-level BG's.

  3. #3
    This makes me super happy with everything I see... Ahhh blizzard just fixed the game and made it wonderfull again =D

  4. #4
    Good to see Blizzard is making Prot/Ret both DPS specs, more damage abilities over self healing in raids, I wonder why they changed this......*cough* PVP COugh* hack*

  5. #5
    *Hey hi we are from blizzard development department and we are proud to announce that WERE TAKING OLD STUFF BACK TO LIFE YAY!*

    Seriously cant they make something new oh and guess what the gear gonna be the same look just different color Way to go blizzard way to go!

  6. #6
    The Patient Zinspawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    *Hey hi we are from blizzard development department and we are proud to announce that WERE TAKING OLD STUFF BACK TO LIFE YAY!*

    Seriously cant they make something new oh and guess what the gear gonna be the same look just different color Way to go blizzard way to go!
    Yep. Thank god. Because ZA and ZG we're some of the funnest raids I ever had the pleasure of doing. Also, more shots at mounts? Yes please!

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Rockmanzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinspawn View Post
    Yep. Thank god. Because ZA and ZG we're some of the funnest raids I ever had the pleasure of doing. Also, more shots at mounts? Yes please!
    Problems that are probably gonna come are:
    -Mounts are Rare as hell again (yup a lot of ninjas and unfinished runs)
    -mounts may be a very common drop and will be removed in later patch.
    -Bosses are exactly the same only adjusted for 5 man.
    -Same shit over and over again, people whining that it is far too hard when they haven't even gotten gear/experience in dungeon so it will be nerfed to the ground.

    Do I miss something in this list?

    On a side Note like it that it is coming back but they can also try and make shiny new content which is the purpose of an alvays updating MMO so that people won't get too bored (almost as if you are reïntroducing a 20 year old car with only new tires).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post
    Problems that are probably gonna come are:
    -Mounts are Rare as hell again (yup a lot of ninjas and unfinished runs)
    -mounts may be a very common drop and will be removed in later patch.
    -Bosses are exactly the same only adjusted for 5 man.
    -Same shit over and over again, people whining that it is far too hard when they haven't even gotten gear/experience in dungeon so it will be nerfed to the ground.

    Do I miss something in this list?

    On a side Note like it that it is coming back but they can also try and make shiny new content which is the purpose of an alvays updating MMO so that people won't get too bored (almost as if you are reïntroducing a 20 year old car with only new tires).
    How do you know the bosses will be exactly the same? Were the bosses for DM or SFK the same? No, they weren't.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Nevara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Book shop!
    Posts
    138
    If they were recycling these as the new tier of raids I could see the problem. But they're not, they're heroics that drop epics. Soon you'll no longer need to raid to be epic again!
    Half Lago, Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

  10. #10
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanzero View Post
    Problems that are probably gonna come are:
    -Mounts are Rare as hell again (yup a lot of ninjas and unfinished runs)
    -mounts may be a very common drop and will be removed in later patch.
    -Bosses are exactly the same only adjusted for 5 man.
    -Same shit over and over again, people whining that it is far too hard when they haven't even gotten gear/experience in dungeon so it will be nerfed to the ground.

    Do I miss something in this list?

    On a side Note like it that it is coming back but they can also try and make shiny new content which is the purpose of an alvays updating MMO so that people won't get too bored (almost as if you are reïntroducing a 20 year old car with only new tires).
    - Problem one; you do not know what mount system they're preparing for the next two dungeons. Therefore, i think they will place the mounts at last boss or some quest you need to do. - SOLVED.
    - Problem two; It's not classic WoW anymore, so i hardly believe that. - SOLVED.
    - Problem three; You cannot tell if the bosses are the same, they have new mechanics, new abilities, and Zanzil the Outcast was not in there before, as if you have played the quest now avaliable of course, you would notice that he ends up being in there. Probably going to be a boss indeed. - Oh and Hakker is GONE. For ZA, it's the same yes, but new mechanics TOO. - SOLVED.
    - Problem four; People whining, is people whining. Let them, and no, stonecore haven't been nerfed to the ground to take an example, why should they do it with these two? Exactly. - SOLVED.

    Yes, a conclusion are missing indeed.

    Shiny content cannot be made on demand, and sometimes old content not seen by the majority of the playerbase is new enough. May i remind you that 50% of the original start playerbase have gone, replaced with new ones? Even more now here in cata? It's not the same as it has been. So... therefore new content for the majority. A win-win situation, because old ones can get to see it again years later. It's not boring - but if you think that, leave the opinion to yourself.

  11. #11
    Pretty much everyone who's complaining about recycled content never did said content at adequate level.

    I know that well, I was one of the people complaining against the recycled Naxx in WotLK.

    I, for one, welcome our old troll raids. ZG was great, ZA was great (even though I was the raid leader for bear runs, which was stressing as hell) and I love to see both of them making a comeback.

    From what we can see ZG is going to be renewed with different bosses, so what's this recycling issue about? Scenary? Of one of the most beautiful instances in this entire game? Oh, spare me your bullshit.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2011-02-25 at 12:44 PM.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

    <Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Pretty much everyone who's complaining about recycled content never did said content at adequate level.
    I ran ZG until my head exploded in Vanilla, and got exalted with Zandalar on two characters. I love the instance, but I also love originality. Cata is increasingly becoming the "recycled" expansion, what with Ragnaros, Nefarian and Onyxia, more Old Gods garbage, 'new' SFK and Deadmines, and now not only ZG but also ZA. It almost seems like the devs are trying to buy time, and manpower, for their next expansion by reusing old content in this one.

    That, or Cata is setting a precedent, and every expansion from here on out will include a heavy dose of recycled content. Maybe expansion #4 will mostly focus on a reworked Outland.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I ran ZG until my head exploded in Vanilla, and got exalted with Zandalar on two characters. I love the instance, but I also love originality. Cata is increasingly becoming the "recycled" expansion, what with Ragnaros, Nefarian and Onyxia, more Old Gods garbage, 'new' SFK and Deadmines, and now not only ZG but also ZA. It almost seems like the devs are trying to buy time, and manpower, for their next expansion by reusing old content in this one.

    That, or Cata is setting a precedent, and every expansion from here on out will include a heavy dose of recycled content. Maybe expansion #4 will mostly focus on a reworked Outland.
    Yeah because keeping up with the lore sucks because WE NEED NEW CONTENT! Oh please.

    By your logic WotLK was a recycled expansion as well because Alexstrasza, Malygos and LK were all used in other Warcraft games as well.

    Burning Crusade was also a recycled expansion because Medivh, Magtheridon, Archimonde, Illidan and Kil'jaeden were also explored in other Warcraft games.

    Hell, even Vanilla would be a recycled game by definition. We've been playing recycled stories from other Warcraft games for 5 years.

    Where's your God now?
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2011-02-25 at 05:39 PM.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

    <Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Pretty much everyone who's complaining about recycled content never did said content at adequate level.

    I know that well, I was one of the people complaining against the recycled Naxx in WotLK.

    I, for one, welcome our old troll raids. ZG was great, ZA was great (even though I was the raid leader for bear runs, which was stressing as hell) and I love to see both of them making a comeback.

    From what we can see ZG is going to be renewed with different bosses, so what's this recycling issue about? Scenary? Of one of the most beautiful instances in this entire game? Oh, spare me your bullshit.
    i did za and zg at adequate levels and i am not happy about their return to the game. yes they were some of the most fun raids that the game has seen so far but honestly recycling them and bringing them back with a few new models is just sad. wtb new content.

    and as for the mounts for that retard who posted about having another shot at them - go die please- those mounts should remain unobtainable - if you slacked and did not get one earlier or if you werent playing back then tough luck.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 09:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Yeah because keeping up with the lore sucks because WE NEED NEW CONTENT! Oh please.

    By your logic WotLK was a recycled expansion as well because Alexstrasza, Malygos and LK were all used in other Warcraft games as well.

    Burning Crusade was also a recycled expansion because Medivh, Magtheridon, Archimonde, Illidan and Kil'jaeden were also explored in other Warcraft games.

    Hell, even Vanilla would be a recycled game by definition. We've been playing recycled stories from other Warcraft games for 5 years.

    Where's your God now?
    maybe u dont understand logic? or maybe you just cant read. malygos alexstrasa arthas archimonde magtheridon illidan kiljaeden never appeared in world of warcraft up till now so they cannot be used as examples of recycled content. the fact that i had to dumb it down and explain that to you is just sad. Just because these characters are in teh lore and you may have come across their names in wc2 or 3 doesnt mean that them appearing in WoW means they are being recycled.
    now a raid that had its time, was removed and is now being brought back aka zg and za THAT is an example of sloppy dev work and recycled content. and that is what people are against.
    in future if you cant read/understand or generally make ur brain work in a normal fashion please refrain from posting.

  15. #15
    you got ZG's and ZA's mounts mixed up.
    raptor, panther and armored raptor are likely from ZG.
    the amani dragon hawk is from ZA.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 09:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    i did za and zg at adequate levels and i am not happy about their return to the game. yes they were some of the most fun raids that the game has seen so far but honestly recycling them and bringing them back with a few new models is just sad. wtb new content.

    and as for the mounts for that retard who posted about having another shot at them - go die please- those mounts should remain unobtainable - if you slacked and did not get one earlier or if you werent playing back then tough luck.

    first the only things being reused are the map and the models, this is new content due to to facts they have new fights, new story, and new bosses.

    second they are remaining unique, or did you not do a bit a research and just came ranting cause you got lucky on your 20th run and didn't get shit on like us who've been farming for the god-damn mounts for the past 5 years!!!
    Last edited by maldias; 2011-02-26 at 09:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •