High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Body and Soul nerv, why? :(

Body and Soul now increases the target's movement speed by 12/25%, down from 30/60%.

This change is now on the PTR for 4.1, what are you thoughts on this?
    Was it OP or was it against "bring the player not the class"?
    I thought it was an very fun mechanic which was really usefull in fights like atramedes and any situation were you need to escape fast.
    Due the fact that the power of the spell comes forward trough the priest reaction speed in some situations i find it a not needed nerv.
    I dont do pvp on my priest so i have no idea if it was OP in pvp.

Greetings Dezi

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, note that this is a datamined piece of information, and a lot can still change before 4.1.
    I think this is either a PvP change, which strikes me as odd, since Holy Priests don't have a high representation in PvP. Others options are that Holy Priests are being brought specifically to certain fights to give people speed bubbles, making some fights a lot easier. Don't really think it's this, since the only fight were it is really, really useful is Atramedes, where it isn't really trivializing the encounter. The last thing I can think of is that they will change it (if they end up actually changing it) so that the talent isn't considered mandatory anymore, which seems pretty lame to me. Blizzard has stated that they want Holy Priests to cast Power Word: Shield, so I don't really understand it. Blizzard have their reasons behind changes like this, so I'm sure we will hear about it.

I'm more concerned and confused about the change to Dispel Magic.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    probaly to stop shadow priests from dispelling or something like that

When I was Holy for PvP, B&S was mandatory. I mean, Disc has mitigation spells (Big shields, PW: B, Pain Suppression) While Holy relied on this to get away from people. Even then, you get charged/frostbolted/CoI'd and they'd be right back on your face...

Unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I am a good bit annoyed by that change as well. If it was just to stop shadow priests from using it they could have just made dispel pop you out of shadowform. What they did seems sort of random.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am a good bit annoyed by that change as well. If it was just to stop shadow priests from using it they could have just made dispel pop you out of shadowform. What they did seems sort of random.
    That wouldn't be fair for shadow priests since druids can remove poisons and curses while still in moonkin form. I'm rather pissed that Blizzard is nerfing our dispell. Druids, shaman, pallies, and mages mages of all specs are able to dispell harmful effects from friendly targets while a priest has to spec into a healer to remove anything but diseases off friendly targets while still being able to remove harmful off themself. THAT is what I'm most pissed about not that its being nerfed to be 1 instead of 2 offensive.

Deleted
    Mages have defensive dispels?... hmm this is news to me! Unless you mean curses which there are hardly any of.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Mages have defensive dispels?... hmm this is news to me! Unless you mean curses which there are hardly any of.
    haha quick edit :P

The odd part is that we can still Dispel magic on friendly targets after this nerf anyway by using Mass Dispel. I guess the cast time and mana cost are supposed to balance that, considering Warlocks can dispel magic from team mates as well with Singe Magic.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Because holy priests were just dominating PVP. Obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dispel is a generic term for removing a harmful/beneficial effect. Whether its removing a curse, poison, harmful magic, beneficial magic, or enrage its a dispel. Offensive magic removal is able to be done by any spec of priest, hunter, shaman, prot warriors, any warlock, and hunter. Defensive magic removal is done by any healer, any warlock, and shadow priests (self only with the nerf). Curses are removed by resto shaman, any druid, and any mage. Poisons are removed by any pally and any druid. Enrages are removed by any rogue, any druid, and any hunter. Diseases are removed by any priest (drops shadow priests out of shadow form though) and pallies. I really didn't think I would need to educate people on what a dispel is but apparently I had to.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2011-02-24 at 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot defensive for warlocks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Dispel is a generic term for removing a harmful/beneficial effect. Whether its removing a curse, poison, harmful magic, beneficial magic, or enrage its a dispel. Offensive magic removal is able to be done by any spec of priest, hunter, shaman, prot warriors, any warlock, and hunter. Defensive magic removal is done by any healer, any warlock, and shadow priests (self only with the nerf). Curses are removed by resto shaman, any druid, and any mage. Poisons are removed by any pally and any druid. Enrages are removed by any rogue, any druid, and any hunter. Diseases are removed by any priest (drops shadow priests out of shadow form though) and pallies. I really didn't think I would need to educate people on what a dispel is but apparently I had to.
    Read what you quoted... I know what classes can dispel shit, but you act as if dispel magic = dispel curse = dispel poison = dispel disease.

There's a MASSIVE difference between dispel magic and dispel curse in the amount of potential uses. Comparing a mage to a spriest is like comparing apple and oranges.

You forgot Mages have the best offensive Dispel in the game now, since not only do they remove a spell but they get to use it themselves.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

lulzerbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    When I was Holy for PvP, B&S was mandatory. I mean, Disc has mitigation spells (Big shields, PW: B, Pain Suppression) While Holy relied on this to get away from people. Even then, you get charged/frostbolted/CoI'd and they'd be right back on your face...

Unnecessary
    ROFL. Holy for PvP. Can you re-post it a couple pages in, so I can laugh again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Read what you quoted... I know what classes can dispel shit, but you act as if dispel magic = dispel curse = dispel poison = dispel disease.

There's a MASSIVE difference between dispel magic and dispel curse in the amount of potential uses. Comparing a mage to a spriest is like comparing apple and oranges.
    No but the fact that DEFENSIVE DISPELS (you know removing stuff off friendly targets) don't require any other class to spec into removing stuff off other people that they can remove off themself and doesn't drop other classes (druids) to drop a caster form (moonkin) to defensive dispel makes no sense. And actually yes DEFENSIVE DISPELS are exactly the same. Dispel magic = dispel curse = dispel poison = dispel disease with the exception of other classes don't have to use two different spells to do what a priest has to do with dispel & cure disease. A pally can remove one disease and one poison (and magic if they're holy) with the push of one button. A druid can remove one curse and one poison (and one magic if they're resto) with the push of one button. A shaman can remove one curse and one magic if they're resto (their offensive dispel is another spell) with the push of one button. Priests will be able to remove one magic at a time off only themself come the patch unless they are a healer and then they can remove it off other people AND remove two at a time. If you can't see the huge nerf that this brings then I'm sorry for your blindness.

@Abandon Yes I forgot about how mages have the best offensive dispel in the game in addition to their ability to remove curses and the ability to wipe all dots (and bleeds which is the only class besides a pally who BOPs themself can do) off themself every 2 minutes (1 minute if they're frost which nearly all are for pvp).

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    Until the buff to PWS I was holy for pvp too because disc just sucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    No but the fact that DEFENSIVE DISPELS (you know removing stuff off friendly targets) don't require any other class to spec into removing stuff off other people that they can remove off themself and doesn't drop other classes (druids) to drop a caster form (moonkin) to defensive dispel makes no sense. And actually yes DEFENSIVE DISPELS are exactly the same. Dispel magic = dispel curse = dispel poison = dispel disease with the exception of other classes don't have to use two different spells to do what a priest has to do with dispel & cure disease. A pally can remove one disease and one poison (and magic if they're holy) with the push of one button. A druid can remove one curse and one poison (and one magic if they're resto) with the push of one button. A shaman can remove one curse and one magic if they're resto (their offensive dispel is another spell) with the push of one button. Priests will be able to remove one magic at a time off only themself come the patch unless they are a healer and then they can remove it off other people AND remove two at a time. If you can't see the huge nerf that this brings then I'm sorry for your blindness.

@Abandon Yes I forgot about how mages have the best offensive dispel in the game in addition to their ability to remove curses and the ability to wipe all dots (and bleeds which is the only class besides a pally who BOPs themself can do) off themself every 2 minutes (1 minute if they're frost which nearly all are for pvp).

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:03 AM ----------

Until the buff to PWS I was holy for pvp too because disc just sucked.
    I think you're missing the point. Defensive dispels are vastly superior to defensive curse removal, defensive poison removal, defensive disease removal. Also ele/enhance shamans can't dispel magic, ret/prot palas can't dispel magic, balance/feral druids cannot dispel magic, why should shadowpriest be allowed to defensive dispel magic like a healer when all the other hybrids can't?

And if you don't think dispel magic is superior to the other removals I suggest you actually look at how many effects are magic dispellable compared to all the others. All dots are pretty much magic, pretty much all removable cc is magic, pretty much all dispelable pve raid mechanics are magic.

Playing vs a shadowpriest team in arena is currently giving immunity to cc and dots to the team, due to the dispels the shadowpriest and healer can exchange with each other.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-02-24 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    Yes: HOLY PVP! It's fun and viable right now. It's not the best way to heal, but it works. Body and Soul was one of the reason it was fun and it worked.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Official PTR notes from Blizz:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

They make no mention of a nerf to Body & Soul.

Body & Soul change confirmed by blues as tooltip error. Datamined information is, yet again, datamined.

Requesting thread lock.