Page 1 of 44
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoG on 20 sec coodlown in PTR

When i read this news from ptr patch notes i've passed away :P

WoG put on 20 sec cooldown, and the mastery of holy remove the CD (not clear if still gives old bonus), mean that for a protection paladin autohealing is not more possible or at least is reduced a lot.

I've seen only nerf for us in this patch note (mana for heals is not a nerf, but only a return to old state before 4.0.6). Why blizzard hates us so much???

These are just the first few notes, it will probally be alot better at the launch. But I agree that the 20 sec CD on WoG is a strange and unexpected move from blizz. And to top it off they increased the mana cost of the other healing spells. Will this make the WoG talents useless for prot and ret?

This is one of the most retarded changes for retri paladin ever made by blizz..
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

If this change goes through I'll probably be shelving my ret pally...The only reason I'm able to survive against most classes is because I can build up holy power from CS and PoJ and spam WoG on myself...now I guess we'll just have to die.
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute

Complaint forum post already started
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-shaft-again
    Join us on the complaining

it's just reason number 1,354,776 of why PvP is destroying a perfectly fine game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    And to top it off they increased the mana cost of the other healing spells.
    Not really, they lowered the costs of them.

# Divine Light now costs 30% of base mana, down from 33%.
    # Flash of Light now costs 27% of base mana, down from 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Not really, they lowered the costs of them.

# Divine Light now costs 30% of base mana, down from 33%.
    # Flash of Light now costs 27% of base mana, down from 30%.
    Ooh... lol missread. Thanks for correcting me.

it's funny they nerf WoG but buff Recuperate /sigh

Combat

* Recuperate now restores 3% of maximum health, up from 2%.

Deleted
    You don't get it, right?
    Recuperate was so needed for leveling, but other two specs had to wait for higher levels to actually get it improved, so they shifted numbers a little and made talent less powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    You don't get it, right?
    Recuperate was so needed for leveling, but other two specs had to wait for higher levels to actually get it improved, so they shifted numbers a little and made talent less powerful.
    Because rogues needing to stop and eat every 30 mobs was unbalanced? I for one feel sickened when a Rogue or warrior can get more passive healing then a paladin.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    You don't get it, right?
    because a game should have its skills based off of leveling lol... hell they already base most PvE decisions off PvP

Can anyone acctually confirm that this is a Pally change and not a holy change? Because it is stated under Holy and not under Palading changes?

Holy
    Divine Light now costs 30% of base mana, down from 33%.
    Flash of Light now costs 27% of base mana, down from 30%.
    Walk in the Light (Mastery) now removes the cooldown on your Word of Glory.
    Word of Glory now has a 20 sec cooldown.
    Aura Mastery now improves the effect of Devotion Aura, Resistance Aura, and Retribution Aura instead of all auras.
    Conviction now procs from non-periodic spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    Can anyone acctually confirm that this is a Pally change and not a holy change? Because it is stated under Holy and not under Palading changes?

Holy
    Divine Light now costs 30% of base mana, down from 33%.
    Flash of Light now costs 27% of base mana, down from 30%.
    Aura Mastery now improves the effect of Devotion Aura, Resistance Aura, and Retribution Aura instead of all auras.
    Conviction now procs from non-periodic spells.
    Its listed under holy cause wog is in the holy spell book

Deleted
    so what has blizz most probably intended to do with these changes:
    prot: no more WoG spam for abnormal (for a tank) selfhealing in raiding and 5m dungeons
    (note: dk selfhealing is intended. they take more damage and can't block because of this.)
    ret: less healing support, in pve (yes ret raidsupport is quite powerful compared to other classes) and pvp (might cause more losses in 1v1 situations but then again, 1v1 doesn't matter at all)
    which is fine because it is a dps-spec.

and @Reo: Recuperate got buffed yes. but at the same time "Improved Recuperate" got nerfed. without that talent you will heal more, with the talent you heal the same, leading to a situation where it is no longer needed for a caring rogue to have that talent, making it more optional in 4.1.

finally the ret paladins in arena will stop healing like crazy.

This was needed.

As a holy paladin i'm more than happy that this huge heal is pretty much a holy spell now.

wot wot
    See that image on the left ?
    Yes my avatar.
    It's what I think of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post

Holy
    If your not Holy WoG will have a 20sec CD so it effects all Pally specs

Deleted

Wtb a slow

You can take all the self healing away , but now give us a SLOW

That's because WoG is a holy spell. Anyway, I'm not really surprised by this change, although it seems pretty harsh for ret. Prot paladins pretty much have the best survivability (lots of cooldowns, strong mastery) along with ridiculous self healing (SoI, WoG, HR).

I'm more scared about the effects this is going to have on solo abilities of paladins :/ WoG spam was what allowed paladins being able to solo at least part of the stuff death knights solo'd with their right arm tied to their back, a blindfold on and 3 rogues stabbing them in the back...
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?