Doomguard and Infernal

When should I use Doomguard and infernal? I never use them becasue I am not sure when is the best time.

well use them before BL is cast, right before so they get the benefit of BL. I've heard from numerous places that infernal is better than the doomguard because the doomguard seem to bug.

Or if you missed use them during BL it's good to use them during execute phase, or a phase that needs a lot of dps.

in pvp you can only use them in BGs, it's good to use infernal when you got 1-3 attacking you and you want to peel them off.
    Last edited by Gerti; 2011-02-24 at 12:29 PM.

I always pop out Infernal when I need to aoe alot (the adds at Maloriak) or just before Bloodlust/Time Warp for single target dps. Though I'm not sure about their single target dps differences.

They do not benefit from BL, at least I never saw that they got any buff and increased their output.
    Also, while watching recount/skada info, noted to self that infernal makes the same or a bit more damage then doomguard on single target (aoe and melee + initial cast).
    So, just pop them whenever u need, sooner for cooldown to finish faster for next try/encouter or at execute phase for boosted damage (like chimaeron).
    Well, at least this is all based on my observations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infernal is almost always better than doomguard

Infernal punches for about the same as a doomguards doombolts but its attack speed is faster than doomguards cast speed
    Infernals passive aura ticks for like 1.5k every sec on everything around it.

Only way doomguard could possibly be better is in fights where melee doesn't do much and they take increased shadow damage and it is also single target.

Still when you first summon infernal it does a ton of damage on impact sometime critting everything in the area for about 50k. That alone does more damage than a doomguard can do over its entire duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MelficeBFT View Post
    They do not benefit from BL, at least I never saw that they got any buff and increased their output.
    Also, while watching recount/skada info, noted to self that infernal makes the same or a bit more damage then doomguard on single target (aoe and melee + initial cast).
    So, just pop them whenever u need, sooner for cooldown to finish faster for next try/encouter or at execute phase for boosted damage (like chimaeron).
    Well, at least this is all based on my observations.
    I heard that Infernal benefits from BL while Doomguard does not, and that is another reason Infernal is almost always best.

I'd heard Doomguard might be better for affliction since Doom Bolt = shadow, but b/c of the bugging Infernal is better.

That begs the question tho...do the guardians benefit from Demo's increased pet damage? or just the shadow/fire spec bonus?

Deleted
    Maybe you guys should go check EJ last i checked it was as follows:

Infernal for all specs and situations unless your demo on a single target them doomguard is better i have not done the testing and the math just basicly took what they posted there as good enough for me.