Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Lets face it:

    3 more sec on DA isnt going to change anything at all.

    Apart from tankhealing where DA is being refreshed and used all the time anyway, DA is pretty much useless on all our heals.

    IF a raidmemeber apart from the tank gets hit (not talking about aoe here), its either a random hit or the tank wasnt doing his/her job.
    In either case DA is pretty much wasted because if its a random hit DA wont get used, and if it constant heavy damg on a heal or dd, somebody is doing somethng wrong in the first place, and Da will renew itself because you have to chinheal that person.

    Even PoH DA isnt really usefull because most of the time DA isnt used because the aoe damg already happened BEFORE you cast PoH to healthe group.

    For DA to be really usefull it needs to be 20 to 30 sek at least.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    Even PoH DA isnt really usefull because most of the time DA isnt used because the aoe damg already happened BEFORE you cast PoH to healthe group.
    People say this a lot, but I average 75% of my DA used in raids which suggests that mostly it is useful. 12s to 15s isn;t a massive difference, but it does make it slightly less likely to pop off which is a good thing.

  3. #23

    lulzerbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    how is preshielding everyone before a pull drink up balanced? aswell as this will stop priests in pvp to blanket shield themselves for 50-60k more hp at start. good change.
    50-60k more. lulz. 30 Helens agree... gross exaggeration improves your argument.

    P.S. What noobs are taking Priests into Arena these days? If they haven't figured out they're better off with a Pally or Druid, you probably don't want to team with them in the first place.
    Last edited by TwistedCross; 2011-02-24 at 04:58 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    50-60k more. lulz. 30 Helens agree... gross exaggeration improves your argument.

    P.S. What noobs are taking Priests into Arena these days? If they haven't figured out they're better off with a Pally or Druid, you probably don't want to team with them in the first place.
    Please don't post if you are not even going to put in the smallest amount of effort to understand the post you quoted.

    Divine Segis stacked. Since spells in the Arena during perparation cost no mana, you can spam Prayer of Healing to get the maximum amount stacked on your entire team. You can then cast Power Word: Shield on them. Not even remotely difficult to get a 50k absorb shield that way.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Divine Segis stacked. Since spells in the Arena during perparation cost no mana, you can spam Prayer of Healing to get the maximum amount stacked on your entire team. You can then cast Power Word: Shield on them. Not even remotely difficult to get a 50k absorb shield that way.
    Yes then the arena starts and all the DA drop off before anything happens due to 12s not being very long. So either you're spamming poh to maintain shields and burning up mana or you've stacked them for nothing.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Please don't post if you are not even going to put in the smallest amount of effort to understand the post you quoted.

    Divine Segis stacked. Since spells in the Arena during perparation cost no mana, you can spam Prayer of Healing to get the maximum amount stacked on your entire team. You can then cast Power Word: Shield on them. Not even remotely difficult to get a 50k absorb shield that way.
    Erm.... I'm not doing any PvP at all but with engineer degree I find it funny math side.
    Even if you time your spells perfectly let's say in 3x3, then you havee to use 3 GCDs for 3 shields after PoH spamm, then mount up for another 1.5 sec which gives you 6 sec. That gives you exactly 6 sec of DA left ro run to another team and recieve dmg from anyone. And since we're only humans you should easily add another 2 sec to this math giving you 4 sec of full shields. I find it very unlikely to benefit from it at all.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Please don't post if you are not even going to put in the smallest amount of effort to understand the post you quoted.

    Divine Segis stacked. Since spells in the Arena during perparation cost no mana, you can spam Prayer of Healing to get the maximum amount stacked on your entire team. You can then cast Power Word: Shield on them. Not even remotely difficult to get a 50k absorb shield that way.
    I haven't done arena's this season, but don't most buff's like that get dispelled right as the match starts? At least that's how it used to work back when I did arena's a couple seasons ago. I remember I tried pre-shielding before matches a few times, and the shield was dispelled but it left me with the WS debuff.

    OT: I'm mixed about the nerf. On one hand, I'm glad because it's a solution that effectively kills shield spamming once and for all. On the other hand, it completely fvcks our ability to raid heal effectively. I think they should either buff the duration on DA to like 20-25 seconds, or have a talent deep in disc tree that improves PoH.

    Perhaps Glyph of Divine Aegis: Increases the duration of DA by 5-10 seconds.
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2011-02-24 at 06:21 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Yes then the arena starts and all the DA drop off before anything happens due to 12s not being very long. So either you're spamming poh to maintain shields and burning up mana or you've stacked them for nothing.
    Or you could cast another Prayer of Healing to increase the duration back up to full when it was about to expire. You don't even need to spend any mana on it thanks to Inner Focus. In any case, I was explaining to TwistedCross how it was very easily possible to get that number shields stacked up before an Arena match, not if it is always going to be a good idea to do so.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-24 at 06:28 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    50-60k more. lulz. 30 Helens agree... gross exaggeration improves your argument.

    P.S. What noobs are taking Priests into Arena these days? If they haven't figured out they're better off with a Pally or Druid, you probably don't want to team with them in the first place.
    Well, chief, I'd say a lot of people are taking them into arenas.

    Go to arenastats.com and then you can remove your foot from your mouth.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    how is preshielding everyone before a pull drink up balanced? aswell as this will stop priests in pvp to blanket shield themselves for 50-60k more hp at start. good change.
    You do realize that if you Pre-Shield before the match starts that it will immediately fade the moment that the gates open.

  11. #31
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South east, UK
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    You do realize that if you Pre-Shield before the match starts that it will immediately fade the moment that the gates open.
    This, plus you get lumbered with weakened soul debuff so no shields for another 15 secs.
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

    Nab Disco Priest | Nab DK Tonk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •