Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PW:Shield ... duration nerf - rant

So upcoming 4.1 patch on PTR our PW:S duration will be 15 secs down from 30 secs.

Divine Aegis duration increased to 15 secs.... They should change this to 30sec duration - and still allow them to stack.

With the PW:S duration reduction - is their going to be any point speccing into Strength of Soul for the purpose of reducing Weakended soul ?

This change will properly see the demise of pre-shielding the masses but I cant help but feel its yet another kick in the teeth for Disc.

Dispel Magic - Self Only, but wait Disc gets 'Absolution' to enable us to remove 2 magic effects.... so that means Holy Priests can heal their hearts out while disc is left to dispel all the shite ?!

cheers Blizz....now go work on a group shield aegis ability plz !

PoH is already a group shield aegis as far as I know...

how is preshielding everyone before a pull drink up balanced? aswell as this will stop priests in pvp to blanket shield themselves for 50-60k more hp at start. good change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    PoH is already a group shield aegis as far as I know...
    insta cast group aegis abilty for heavy AOE would be nice.

The ability to Dispel friendly targets is going to be a passive skill that you get for speccing into either Discipline or Holy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    how is preshielding everyone before a pull drink up balanced? aswell as this will stop priests in pvp to blanket shield themselves for 50-60k more hp at start. good change.
    I didnt say PW:S blanketing was balenced.... clearly it wasnt. It certainly wont be a doable with this 4.1 change - my concern was regarding the effectiveness of the SoS talent more than the duration of the shield itself.

yes there will be a point to reducing the weakened soul. Shield a tank. How often does his shield last even 15 seconds? Lower the weakened soul and you can get more shields on him.

Overall I don't have a problem with lowering the overall duration. There should be no abilities that require pre shielding for anything on a massive scale. 15 seconds still seems plenty long to me. Shields usually don't last that long anyway from my perspective. Can't speak from a pvp point of view, I really only do pve content. pvpers can give their view on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    With the PW:S duration reduction - is their going to be any point speccing into Strength of Soul for the purpose of reducing Weakended soul ?
    Even more so than now surely? SoS allows more shields to be cast which is a benefit when they pop off more quickly.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 01:05 PM ----------

I wish I had a 50-60k shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The ability to Dispel friendly targets is going to be a passive skill that you get for speccing into either Discipline or Holy.

So that is not gonna be our mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemmy View Post
    So that is not gonna be our mastery?
    It's not your mastery, your mastery depends on spec and increases with Mastery Rating. It is going to be a passive for speccing into the tree, like how Restoration Druids get Disentanglement.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Wow, another who has trouble reading. I stopped right after this:
    Dispel Magic - Self Only, but wait Disc gets 'Absolution' to enable us to remove 2 magic effects.... so that means Holy Priests can heal their hearts out while disc is left to dispel all the shite ?!
    Lets calmy read everything first, then make your QQ post
    As for the shield "nerf", i have yet to do an encounter where the shield is up 15 seconds. Specialy in HC encounters i end up using at least 2 heals to reduce the weakened soul so i can recast shield on tank (think Maloriak HC, dark sludge phase)
    Last edited by Dujith; 2011-02-24 at 01:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This nerf won't change anything with PWS usage. It only makes raidwide pws spam harder, which is not a bad thing.
    Longer DA is a great stuff on the other hand. Less DA procs lost after using PoH in a non-continous aoe damage environment.

50-60k Shield?
    Are you that clueless?

Also, strength of soul was always useless.
    Last edited by Memoryz; 2011-02-24 at 01:13 PM.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Amen, and: it's about time
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Amen, and: it's about time
    I find it hilarious that someone actually agreed with that guy.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this change very much.
    PW:S is a very strong spell in the disco priests arsenal, and it should be. But what Blizzard is trying to avoid is spamming one ability. The quick solution was an increase in mana cost, but that is only shifting back the point in time when bubble spamming becomes doable again. The problem is with the spell itself, you can easily get a shield out on two thirds of your raid (or the whole raid in 10man), and since the spell is very powerful now, blanketing will always be an option if you can handle the mana cost. And raid blanketing SUCKS. It makes me cringe. I like Divine Aegis, Grace and the mechanics of discipline, I want to play with them and I don't want the best strategy to be to just spam around one single spell.
    A shorter duration is a step in the right direction, because it lowers the number of targets you can shield at a time, and because the window in which "the damage" has to occur is smaller. A nerf I would like even more would be a hard cap on active shields (four or five maybe).
    A 15sec PW:S doesn't change a thing in tank healing, and it still alows you to preemptively "heal" people before a big hit. So the spell can still do everything it should be able to.
    Last edited by blackone; 2011-02-24 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    I find it hilarious that someone actually agreed with that guy.
    They might be talking about DA blanketing, spamming heals at the start to build up a big DA stack, combined with pw:shield you may see up to 50k absorption shields.

I don't see how this is really viable though - you'd have to keep the DA stack up while you're running around at the start..

I'm okay with this nerf. So far in current content, there are few situations where I really want to pre-shield the entire raid. And in those few situations, I can just drop a barrier. When I go into shield-spam mode, my shields are getting eaten up in less than 10 seconds. If reducing the duration of PW:S will keep Blizzard from increasing the mana cost or nerfing the absorb, it's fine by me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    They might be talking about DA blanketing, spamming heals at the start to build up a big DA stack, combined with pw:shield you may see up to 50k absorption shields.

I don't see how this is really viable though - you'd have to keep the DA stack up while you're running around at the start..
    Well DA blanketing isnt really changing now is it, they are making it easier to do it.

Deleted
    imo it is way to early to comment on this changes i might feel a little bit worried but i welcome DA buff with huge grin on my face since this is why i stacked MST and Crit in first place to get more DA procs and benefit out of it shield in case of my raid environment was never an option to spam but more as a life saver outside of recasting it on tank every rapture cd.