Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What will be the other 4.1 raid?

We know that Firelands will be a raid, but we also know that there will only be a few bosses there, and certainly won't take up a whole content patch on its own. What do you think will be the other raid that will come in 4.1? The trinket "Mark of Khaz'goroth" and the Phased Event "## Anachronos Vision" made me start thinking that it definitely will be the CoT raid, but then I distinctly remember someone saying this would be 4.2, but I'm sure that isn't confirmed at all.

What do you think will be the other raid? I'm thinking it's the War of the Ancients raid in CoT, which would be GREAT. I'm so sick of all these dark/red fire related raids.

Deleted
    Would love WotA raid been waiting for it even since I read the Novels in late TBC

WoTA will be 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    WoTA will be 4.2
    That isn't confirmed at all.

Deleted
    what's WoTa

edit: nvm found it war of the ancients

It doesn't look like there will be another raid, it would have to be in the files by now, they are not going to start one from scratch and finish it by the time 4.1 comes out. I think they decided to do ZA/ZG because it was quicker than making another new raid.

wtb abyssal maw raid against queen azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What do you think will be the other raid? I'm thinking it's the War of the Ancients raid in CoT, which would be GREAT. I'm so sick of all these dark/red fire related raids.
    This xpac is called Cataclysm after all. But we will most likey have ZA, ZG, Abysmal maw 5mans. The events for all of them, along with Firelands' 5 bosses BH's boss.
    They also seem to be introducing a Blue dragon, Tarecgosa Intro, which could lead to the crowning of the new aspect of magic Kelecgos.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    No raid, they already said that azshara wont be a raid in this xpac at blizzcon.

Abyssal Maw imo

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Azshara won't show up in cata, confirmed by blue.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

War of the Ancients seems to be a big possibility because of all the references to it. The Tarecgosa reference might indicate a Sarth/Malygos/Ony style raid.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Abyssal Maw imo
    That was already confirmed to be a 5 man. It won't be a raid.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_(instance)

My vote goes towards ZG, never got to run it at 60 (although I plowed through it at 70) it's the only raid they took out (unless I'm mistaken.) so my money is on ZG

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    That was already confirmed to be a 5 man. It won't be a raid.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_(instance)
    Unless they change their mind of course. 3 new 5-man dungeons in a single content patch seems almost too good to be true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSudz View Post
    My vote goes towards ZG, never got to run it at 60 (although I plowed through it at 70) it's the only raid they took out (unless I'm mistaken.) so my money is on ZG
    erm, it's a dungeon now?
    WotA will 'most likely' be 4.2.
    Not sure whether they will release anything with Firelands. The 5 mans give epics (albeit 353 level) so whether or not they will release another raid along with the 7 bosses in the firelands (http://www.wowpedia.org/Firelands)

They definitely should, seeing as they said they didn't want each tier to focus solely in one raid and didn't want to put all raid content into one raid (which we can see from Tier 11 content), but whether they can conjure something up apart from these 5 mans.. it's debatable

Since when have they released two high content raids in one patch?

Firelands is supposed to have 7 bosses, and considering that they're also releasing 3 New Heroic dungeons, plus other things, seems sufficient.

Also, the item levels of the stuff that drops for the Firelands and what not at 391..the highest level item currently is 372..these instances are going to a very hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Unless they change their mind of course. 3 new 5-man dungeons in a single content patch seems almost too good to be true
    ICC 5 mans would like to say, "Hello."

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    erm, it's a dungeon now?
    Just read the patch notes after posting here.

change my vote to WoTA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Since when have they released two high content raids in one patch?

Firelands is supposed to have 7 bosses, and considering that they're also releasing 3 New Heroic dungeons, plus other things, seems sufficient.

Also, the item levels of the stuff that drops for the Firelands and what not at 391..the highest level item currently is 372..these instances are going to a very hard.
    The current raids have 13 bosses, we expect 13 not 7
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    The current raids have 13 bosses, we expect 13 not 7
    This. As I said in my post, Blizzard wanted to get away from the 'one raid per tier' setup and split the 13 bosses in between 2-3 raids. Since Firelands is 7, we should really expect another one with 6 or do the same as current tier and go down the 4 + 2 route.

Wasn't there supposed to be a raid/instance in the Dwarven place in Hillsbrad? (Dun Garok). I thought I remember something to do with that at Blizzcon 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    This. As I said in my post, Blizzard wanted to get away from the 'one raid per tier' setup and split the 13 bosses in between 2-3 raids. Since Firelands is 7, we should really expect another one with 6 or do the same as current tier and go down the 4 + 2 route.

Wasn't there supposed to be a raid/instance in the Dwarven place in Hillsbrad? (Dun Garok). I thought I remember something to do with that at Blizzcon 2009.
    I can't believe Uldum has no raid other than Throne of the 4 Winds. Remember all the hype pre-Cata about the "secret weapon" hidden inside of Uldum? Really turned out to be not so exciting if they don't do anything else with it (such as a raid).