Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    50C isn't even hot, especially if you get 53C when doing stuff.

My old processor ran 70-80C stable.
    Should've read better what I replied to. 50C idle -> 53C while playing WoW is fucked up temperatures. Normal idle temps with stock coolers are in 30-40C range while 53C is normal while playing games, so there's definitely something wrong with either the temp sensor or the cooling.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Maybe CPU heatsink installed wrong, or you have CPU voltage set too high after some OC tweaks, or really really bad case airflow. Nothing else comes to mind.
    Not OC'd. The temps have remained the same since I first got the computer 2 years ago with the old heatsink. This is the third cooler I've gotten and nothing has changed. Case airflow is probably correct however I have side panel completely off to enhance the air that is getting in there. Sooo.... I have been told these can run hot naturally, it just bugs me.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Case airflow is probably correct however I have side panel completely off to enhance the air that is getting in there. Sooo.... I have been told these can run hot naturally, it just bugs me.
    Case airflow works better with the side panel in place unless the case is really cramped inside (full of old ribbon cables to HDDs and stuff like that) or the case fans are installed wrong (all sucking in for example, when you need to aim for a wind tunnel of sorts... in from front and low, out from back and high). E5200 should run at about 32C with stock cooler and stock speed/voltage, but the ~50C under load is normal.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Case airflow works better with the side panel in place unless the case is really cramped inside (full of old ribbon cables to HDDs and stuff like that) or the case fans are installed wrong (all sucking in for example, when you need to aim for a wind tunnel of sorts... in from front and low, out from back and high). E5200 should run at about 32C with stock cooler and stock speed/voltage, but the ~50C under load is normal.
    Then I have no idea. Yes, it's a mess in my case, I have a non-modular power supply... sooooo yeah. >_< There's like hardly no room at all to put the cables. =/

There are only two spots for like 80 mm fans to be mounted on my case, one in the front, which I had sucking air in, then one on the back just under where the power supply sits and it blows air out.
    "A flower.

Then I have no idea. Yes, it's a mess in my case, I have a non-modular power supply... sooooo yeah. >_< There's like hardly no room at all to put the cables. =/

There are only two spots for like 80 mm fans to be mounted on my case, one in the front, which I had sucking air in, then one on the back just under where the power supply sits and it blows air out.

It sounds like you should get a new case as well =/ There are plenty of good cases out there for less than $100 that offer nice cable management solutions as well as good airflow. Also, the majority of cases these days will have the power supply on the bottom, which is just all around better for the CPU and the PSU alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    It sounds like you should get a new case as well =/ There are plenty of good cases out there for less than $100 that offer nice cable management solutions as well as good airflow. Also, the majority of cases these days will have the power supply on the bottom, which is just all around better for the CPU and the PSU alike.
    oh I already know what case I'm going for, I'm going for one that will last me foreverrrrrr. (ok not forever but quite awhile with lots of expansion room) HAF 942 X
    "A flower.

A. No interest in SLI.
    B. I have found the i7-950 for $200 at a local store.
    C. You're the first person to really say anything horrible about the board. O.o
    If you have no interest in SLI then why are you getting X58 anyway? X58 is the "SLI Platform" for lack of a better name, and P55 or better yet P67 would suit your needs much better for a single GPU configuration.

Also the 2500k can be had for $200 at MicroCenter, although I got mine for $170 and my motherboard for $150 at the same store but I bought mine the day of release when they had the combo discounts.