Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just came back to shadow properly after a stint standing in as a healer. Damage seemed fine even after the shadow power nerf. Was top 5 on most bosses this week. They still haven't sorted out the problems with mind sear though. Its utterly worthless and you're better off multidotting as much as mana allows and taking some hits to regen through massochism or swd sniping on low hp targets.

Shadow priests are currently one of the best dps specs even after the nerfs. Maybe my guild is bad, but I'm almost always #1 with DI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh im using full healing gear to my shadow spec, doing about 13500 dps ala ilvl 355. Don't know what im doing wrong tbh, im redotting @ 3 shadow orbs, (obv pain only once) keeping up VT and DP 100% yet doing such shite dps

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Multiple DI's don't stack so that certainly isn't happening.

Blizzard has done a good job upping the skill cap, if you play your class extremely well you'll be more than competitive. DI certainly adds a nice number but even without that you can mix it with a lot of the classes and in the current teir there is plenty of opportunties to multi-dot which just puts you well above most.

In my experience (in 10m normal raids) 19 to 22k dps is the norm, some encounters I do even higher, some a bit lower but thats the average for me.
    Actually as far as I know the haste from multiple DI does stack, the 9% dot damage bonus doesn't.

http://img138.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...011192312.jpg/

this was only taken 2 weeks ago. Note the 37.9% haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Meh im using full healing gear to my shadow spec, doing about 13500 dps ala ilvl 355. Don't know what im doing wrong tbh, im redotting @ 3 shadow orbs, (obv pain only once) keeping up VT and DP 100% yet doing such shite dps
    You probably need more haste.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    i for one am always topping meters (single target) even without DI (21-23k)
    but when it comes to multiple mobs(always low on mana when this happens) im 8th or 9th

and dark intent : the haste stacks ,the dot damge doesnt

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    ur only redotting with 3 shadow orbs?

when its time to redot, u need a minimal of 1 orb thats up, then mb then redot (thats what i do ), and ur haste is insanly low for shadow

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 10:10 AM ----------

if u wait for 3 orbs , its a dps decrease
    Get in my Belly!

Our dps is fine as long as we have Dark Intent , which means we are not in a good place in general. It means we are being propped up by another classes mechanic which can be changed at any time. In terms of position on recount , we're fine right now.

For the love of god can someone fix world of logs to record shadowy apparition damage to the shadow priest please ?

Also, Mind Sear is completely useless. You do more damage freecasting mind spike x 3 - insta crit mind blast than you would aoeing 10 adds with mind sear.

Hopefully Bliz gets their shit together and fixes DI , reverts the shadow power nerf thus helping our aoe problems and making us not reliant on having a warlock in a hotfix , not waiting to 4.1 to even look at these issues.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Don't stress about mind sear, everybody else's AoE DPS will keep getting nerfed until we're all equal.

What the above poster said; without DI damage is average. With it; you're near the top.

Being reliant on another class's buff was something blizz tried to move away from. DI was a horrible idea from the start... and it makes selfish warlocks that much more of a burden on a raid. (ZOMG. I have to be top damage; I guess i should give this to a boomkin).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Shadow priests are mostly fine apart from AOE. The thing blizz set out to fix 3 months ago and totally messed up.
    Yes, our AOE still hurts less than a paper cut and its AOE cap is stupidly low.
    Last edited by Absinth; 2011-02-25 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    If you can play decently well, you will be competitive doing high dps.

Saying "I'm usually getting top 5" is irrelevant unless I know exactly what you are doing. The rest of your raid could be terrible, with you equally as bad, and the only fight you can kill is Argaloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Multiple DI's don't stack so that certainly isn't happening.
    The flat haste % does stack but the buff to periodic damage does not stack. Many of the top-ranked players on WoL have multiple DI's for 6% or 9% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalis View Post
    Im usually top 5 without DI, with DI I'm usually 1 or 2

would be nice if WoL got our apparitions right though D=
    ugh if i only could convince the warlock to give me DI..instead he gives it to his rl friend who is a paladin because he can heal faster and it helps the raid more, it´s fail at it´s finest and i sadly can´t leave that group because i have very limited raidtime and can only play from 11pm+.
    /end rant
    so, to be ontopic
    i´m usually in top 3 with our ret paladin and enh shaman(both are the best geared of all). on fights like valiona and halfus i´m always on top with a couple thousand dps ahead but that shouldn´t be surprising
    our aoe needs a very very minor buff, being able to damage 1more target(casting mindsear on the tank) was a step in the right direction but not enough. don´t get me wrong, i don´t want to be the aoe king shadowpriests were in icc but being able to not just tickle the mobs would be great

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    ugh if i only could convince the warlock to give me DI..instead he gives it to his rl friend who is a paladin because he can heal faster and it helps the raid more, it´s fail at it´s finest and i sadly can´t leave that group because i have very limited raidtime and can only play from 11pm+.
    /end rant
    so, to be ontopic
    i´m usually in top 3 with our ret paladin and enh shaman(both are the best geared of all). on fights like valiona and halfus i´m always on top with a couple thousand dps ahead but that shouldn´t be surprising
    our aoe needs a very very minor buff, being able to damage 1more target(casting mindsear on the tank) was a step in the right direction but not enough. don´t get me wrong, i don´t want to be the aoe king shadowpriests were in icc but being able to not just tickle the mobs would be great
    I recently saw a post, but I can't find it now. It might be on Elitist Jerks or on here or somewhere completely different, I don't remember. Anyways, it shows the dps increase by a warlock based on the class that it gives DI to. If you can find that and show it to him, you'll probably be getting DI from now on. Because not only do you get more damage from it, but he gets the most from giving it to you rather than a pally healer...

***edit***
    Okay, found the link.
    mmo-champion.com/threads/813759-Dark-Intent-The-Guide-(2010-12-24)
    This shows that the lock actually gains almost no dps increase from giving it to the Holy Pally and that the Pally only gets 3% haste.
    But if he gave it to you, it will give you around a 3k+ dps increase and himself a 1.5k dps increase, as opposed to only giving the Holy Pally 3% haste (which isn't nearly as efficient for either class).
    Last edited by Lifeanddeath; 2011-02-25 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added link