Thread: Priest nerfs

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Priest nerfs

Are you kidding me, more nerfs? I thought you already increased the cost of shield now you do it again ( Actually, it's just the change for the tooltip, the cost or absorb amount will not change)... and for the body and soul why would you nerf this, this is a HUGE Help to us in PvE(This was a tooltip error, datamines are not fact!). We already have mana problems in pvp compared to other healers but eh guess what lets nerf paladins mana cost more, cause its needed.

Keep body and soul the same (See above!) and buff mana regen (FOR PVP) and we are fine

Do not nerf body and soul its (See above!) not really useful for pvp ( and if it is a problem which i havent had any problems with make it not usable in arenas) this would be such a gay nerf please revert it back

Are you kidding me, more nerfs? I thought you already increased the cost of shield now you do it again...(See above!) and for the body and soul why would you nerf this, this is a HUGE Help to us in PvE (See above!). We already have mana problems in pvp compared to other healers but eh guess what lets nerf paladins mana cost more, cause its needed.

Keep body and soul the same and buff mana regen (FOR PVP) and we are fine

Do not nerf body and soul its not really useful for pvp ( and if it is a problem which i havent had any problems with make it not usable in arenas) this would be such a gay nerf please revert it back

Edits made by Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-02-24 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzn View Post
    Are you kidding me, more nerfs? I thought you already increased the cost of shield now you do it again... and for the body and soul why would you nerf this, this is a HUGE Help to us in PvE. We already have mana problems in pvp compared to other healers but eh guess what lets nerf paladins mana cost more, cause its needed.

Do not nerf body and soul its not really useful for pvp ( and if it is a problem which i havent had any problems with make it not usable in arenas) this would be such a gay nerf please revert it back

Are you kidding me, more nerfs? I thought you already increased the cost of shield now you do it again... and for the body and soul why would you nerf this, this is a HUGE Help to us in PvE. We already have mana problems in pvp compared to other healers but eh guess what lets nerf paladins mana cost more, cause its needed.

Its actually the nerf which allrdy took place for shields mana ... BnS is still viable ... whats the problem here ?

10+ Year Old Account
    double post in same post makes you look like you rage more? idk BnS isn't THAT nerfed, it will still be used..
    [/CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    I certainly won't use it. I'd spend 2 talent points if the 25% extra movement was passive but I'm not spending 2 talent points to get a 9-17% (based on talents, armor type and boot enchant) increase in runspeed for 4 seconds at the cost of a lot of mana.

Deleted
    Well... the speedbuff is in some situation pretty helpfull =D Atramedes P2 for example.
    Last edited by mmoc071702812b; 2011-02-24 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4ppy View Post
    Its actually the nerf which allrdy took place for shields mana ... BnS is still viable ... whats the problem here ?
    If you read over the changes, the speed increase from Body and Soul is being reduced by about 35%, from 60% to 25%.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think for 2 talent points B&S is a pretty big nerf. It only gives you a couple of seconds in Atramedes as it is. I *am* pretty upset with this one.

Deleted
    If you read over my post "Its actually the nerf which allrdy took place for shields mana ... BnS is still viable ..."
    I think even 25% is still fine .. now your not like a rocket but more like a rabbit jumping around in a garde
    n of flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisey View Post
    I think for 2 talent points B&S is a pretty big nerf. It only gives you a couple of seconds in Atramedes as it is. I *am* pretty upset with this one.
    Where are you spending your talent points now...
    -0.5sec GDC on Renew ... or -6sec on ChakraCD ?
    Last edited by mmoc071702812b; 2011-02-24 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Will accept the BnS nerf if it starts stacking ontop of any current movement speed increases(feet or the 15% speedboost a lot of specs have) so will still be 40ish% runspeed 25% on most people would be lackluster to say the least

Edit: yes i know your moaning about the mana cost but tbh i wouldnt take the talent for reduced mana cost because without the speed boost there is little point in taking the talent or shielding at all save rare cases, chim hc sub 25% for example
    Last edited by mmoca7ff2889aa; 2011-02-24 at 03:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You probably won't be raiding Atramedes by the time this patch comes out, anyway.

The BnS nerf may SEEM unnecessary, but think about this. 4-pc healing PvP set bonus + holy PvP. Shield, become immune to slows, and run like hell. It's a far better peel than you're realizing, unless you're just refusing to realize it because you would rather have it than not.

Do I like it? Not entirely. But at least I understand it. Stop raging over nerfs that make sense when you put 30 seconds worth of thought process into them.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Wouldn't changing the 4pc pvp set bonus impact only PvP whereas the current change is nerfs to both aspects of the game PvE and PvP, still.. doesn't make sense to me unless they also think its op in pve which imo it is not, but ah well

I don't PVP, I PVE. So, really, no, this makes no sense to me. I am really sick of PVE being balanced around PVP. Further, last I checked, holy priests aren't exactly tearing it up in PVP as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    Wouldn't changing the 4pc pvp set bonus impact only PvP whereas the current change is nerfs to both aspects of the game PvE and PvP, still.. doesn't make sense to me unless they also think its op in pve which imo it is not, but ah well
    Most PvP nerfs hit PvE, as most PvE nerfs can hit PvP. That's the downside of having a game that has two aspects at once.

This has been going on now for nearly six years, and with every single class in the game. The problem becomes with changing the set bonus is that you have to find one that benefits both discipline and holy. The current one benefits both, as disc pretty much relies on shields and holy PvP relies heavily on Body and Soul. However, that being said, Body and Soul's speed increase was too high for this set bonus.

You can still use the nerfed version to peel someone, and later raid content will probably be designed around the fact that the raid members have less access to Sprint style abilities. Don't expect an Atramedes 2.0, this change is actually fine when you break it down. I mean, do you need that extra 35% to get out of a fire on the ground or a void zone? Only if your reaction time is as slow as a turtle's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I mean, do you need that extra 35% to get out of a fire on the ground or a void zone? Only if your reaction time is as slow as a turtle's.
    With that logic, why have the spell at all? As someone else said, might as well get rid of it all together and give us a completely different spell.

Deleted
    The BnS nerf may SEEM unnecessary, but think about this. 4-pc healing PvP set bonus + holy PvP. Shield, become immune to slows, and run like hell. It's a far better peel than you're realizing, unless you're just refusing to realize it because you would rather have it than not.
    As I remember that doesn't work. 4 set makes you run at 100%, meaning even if you shield with 4 set and b&s you still run at 100%.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-02-24 at 04:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    As I remember that doesn't work. 4 set makes you run at 100%, if you shield with 4 set and b&s you still run at 100%.
    Incorrect. The 4=pc makes you immune to movement reduction effects for 4 seconds.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=60468

You're thinking the old set bonus. It was changed in 4.0.6.

I really don't get why people see (very early) PTR changes and flip the fuck out like those changes are absolute final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    You can still use the nerfed version to peel someone, and later raid content will probably be designed around the fact that the raid members have less access to Sprint style abilities. Don't expect an Atramedes 2.0, this change is actually fine when you break it down. I mean, do you need that extra 35% to get out of a fire on the ground or a void zone? Only if your reaction time is as slow as a turtle's.
    Its not about wether you "NEED" the extra 35% to get out of the fire.
    The point is, with an overall increase of 9-15% speed for 4 secs even a 1 point talent would be pathetic.

For PvP where snares and stuns are all over the place the "new" B&S is utterly useless, hell even with the new B&S almost all classes can run way faster or have ways to slow or even stop you completely.

B&S need to be removed completely and replaced by something remotely usefull because in the "new" state its nothing more than a mana intense PvE AND PvP useless gimmick.

And priests have more than enough "gimmick" and "useless" spells as it is already.

The recent priest changes and the ones to come pretty much show the devs have no idea what do do with priests.
    The new changes completely violate the synergy of the trees, imho

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I really don't get why people see (very early) PTR changes and flip the fuck out like those changes are absolute final.
    Because it shows in which direction the devs are thinking and its obvious its the wrong one.
    With many new shiny and promising mmorpgs on their way its really a bad time for devs to experiment.
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2011-02-24 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Incorrect. The 4=pc makes you immune to movement reduction effects for 4 seconds.

Yes. I know that, but it doesn't work like that. If you don't believe me I suggest you actually equip the 4set mooncloth and duel a snare class as holy with b&s. Speedshield puts u at 100% and not 160%.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm absolutely sure, but I thought B&S didn't work with the 4 piece bonus when you we're slowed, despite what the tooltip says. I'm gonna try it out tonight, just to be sure.
    Resurrected Holy Priest