Thread: Priest nerfs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The fact that you will still be able to Dispel your healer as a Shadow Priest with these changes sort of makes this entire post a bit hilarious.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he's right [on the mechanics at least]. The change is to make defensive dispels on others a healer only function. Spriests will only retain the ability to dispel themselves if these changes make live.

    EDIT:

    Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.
    Passive Disc & Holy: Absolution (new passive) enables priests to use Dispel Magic on up to 2 harmful effects on friendly targets.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure he's right. The change is to make defensive dispels on others a healer only function. Spriests will only retain the ability to dispel themselves if these changes make live.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32375

    Profit?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I suppose, though it would be fairly unpractical when the debuff you wish to cleanse takes 2 or 3 casts b/c of protections or layers.

    So, yeah... CAN you still dispel your partner still with this change? Sure. Will you be able to do it competitively and reliably in arenas [where this is the biggest issue], I don't think so.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I suppose, though it would be fairly unpractical when the debuff you wish to cleanse takes 2 or 3 casts b/c of protections or layers.
    True, but then again the other DPS class which has Defensive Dispel is a Warlock with Singe Magic, which removes 1 effect, has a cooldown of six seconds and requires them to have a specific pet out in order to use it. We are not supposed to be able to Dispel as effectively as a Healer. Or rather, I should say that having a Shadow Priest shouldn't make CCing your teams healer completely pointless.

    So, yeah... CAN you still dispel your partner still with this change? Sure. Will you be able to do it competitively and reliably in arenas [where this is the biggest issue], I don't think so.
    I don't think we are supposed to be able to competitively and reliably Dispel most of the CC in the game when no other DPS spec can.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-24 at 08:18 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    True, but then again the other DPS class which has Defensive Dispel is a Warlock with Singe Magic, which removes 1 effect, has a cooldown of six seconds and requires them to have a specific pet out in order to use it. We are not supposed to be able to Dispel as effectively as a Healer. Or rather, I should say that having a Shadow Priest shouldn't make CCing your teams healer completely pointless.
    I agree. I really don't think this change is "to the ground" for the Spriest in arenas.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    True, but then again the other DPS class which has Defensive Dispel is a Warlock with Singe Magic, which removes 1 effect, has a cooldown of six seconds and requires them to have a specific pet out in order to use it. We are not supposed to be able to Dispel as effectively as a Healer. Or rather, I should say that having a Shadow Priest shouldn't make CCing your teams healer completely pointless.



    I don't think we are supposed to be able to competitively and reliably Dispel most of the CC in the game when no other DPS spec can.
    You like homogenization I see. If anything, druids and shamans should be losing their dispel.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    You like homogenization I see. If anything, druids and shamans should be losing their dispel.
    PVE called and told you to stop suggesting absolutely terrible, gamebreaking ideas. Or should they just suck it up and deal with it if they can't dispel a magic effect in PVE, even though they gave Magic Dispel to every healer so that they could make most raid effects that need to be dispelled Magic since you would be guaranteed to have someone who can dispel it there.

    People always seem to complain about homogenization when they are losing something (or at least when they percieve something as a loss), but when they gain something they were missing because of it amazingly they don't tend to speak up.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-24 at 08:28 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    That was just stupid. Mass dispel costs way too much mana and shadow already got mana issues. Please, try better next time.

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    PVE called and told you to stop suggesting absolutely terrible, gamebreaking ideas.
    Terrible? Tell me, was there a problem in WoTLK shamans and druids having no dispel? In fact, resto druids were topping statistics in high end arenas, and they didn't have dispel.

    Blizzard did something stupid giving healers dispel, just brought more homogenization. Shadow is now like any other caster, actually, even more lame. Soon there's no difference between the caster spec/classes. They are more or less the same with a few twists.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    That was just stupid. Mass dispel costs way too much mana and shadow already got mana issues. Please, try better next time.
    I'm sorry that you know so little about your own class that you completely forget trainer skills you have had for the past four years. I do like that you have changed the focus of your whine from "We can't dispel our team mates" to "We can dispel our team mates but it costs mana" though, it shows you at least looked up what Mass Dispel does.

    Terrible? Tell me, was there a problem in WoTLK shamans and druids having no dispel? In fact, resto druids were topping statistics in high end arenas, and they didn't have dispel.

    Blizzard did something stupid giving healers dispel, just brought more homogenization. Shadow is now like any other caster, actually, even more lame. Soon there's no difference between the caster spec/classes. They are more or less the same with a few twists.
    How exactly did you manage to think that when I specifically said PVE, I meant Arenas? I would love to see that thought process.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I'm sorry that you know so little about your own class that you completely forget trainer skills you have had for the past four years.



    How exactly did you manage to think that when I specifically said PVE, I meant Arenas? I would love to see that thought process.
    Lulz. If anyone is clueless here, it's you. You are obviously a PvE hero of pure blood, I'm talking PvP here. You only seem to care for your beloved raids, and guess what? I don't care. I want to be viable in PvP, and with this one thing that made shadow strong removed, that just ain't happening.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Lulz. If anyone is clueless here, it's you. You are obviously a PvE hero of pure blood, I'm talking PvP here. You only seem to care for your beloved raids, and guess what? I don't care. I want to be viable in PvP, and with this one thing that made shadow strong removed, that just ain't happening.
    I'm sorry that you find reading so challenging that you can't even manage to figure out what your own skills do. If the only reason you are being brought to Arenas as Shadow is to spam Dispel Magic on the healer, this sounds like a good chance for you to actually learn to play or for your team mates to replace you with someone who has some idea what they are doing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I'm sorry that you find reading so challenging that you can't even manage to figure out what your own skills do. If the only reason you are being brought to Arenas as Shadow is to spam Dispel Magic on the healer, this sounds like a good chance for you to actually learn to play or for your team mates to replace you with someone who has some idea what they are doing.
    Have you even been to 2k+ arena? Because I doubt it. Your dots will be dispelled, the only thing that made SP viable was because you could keep your team out CC. Now that isn't possible anymore, and so far we aren't recieving any compensation. We also have a broken/useless dispel protection.

    If ANYONE needs to l2p here, it's you.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Have you even been to 2k+ arena? Because I doubt it. Your dots will be dispelled, the only thing that made SP viable was because you could keep your team out CC. Now that isn't possible anymore, and so far we aren't recieving any compensation. We also have a broken/useless dispel protection.

    If ANYONE needs to l2p here, it's you.
    Oh, I wasn't aware that the Test Realm was finished and that Blizzard had announced that they were not going to be making any further changes to the Priest class.

    Oh, wait, what? The Test Realm just went up this morning, will most likely be up for months, this isn't a full list of changes and they are obviously going to be adding more than just the datamined notes or announcements for today? Wow!

    Now, you can keep whining like a child that has dropped it's ice cream cone in the sand about the fact that we will no longer be the ONLY DPS spec in the game which can spam Dispels on everyone we want, offensively or defensively, or you can realise that if that was the only reason that Shadow Priests are being brought to the Arena, then it's better they remove it and compensate for it somewhere else.

    We still have the ability to Dispel Magic from our team mates, we are just not as good at it as healers are. We are still better at it than any other DPS in the game.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-24 at 08:48 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Oh, I wasn't aware that the Test Realm was finished and that Blizzard had announced that they were not going to be making any further changes to the Priest class.

    Oh, wait, what? The Test Realm just went up this morning, will most likely be up for months, this isn't a full list of changes and they are obviously going to be adding more than just the datamined notes or announcements for today? Wow!
    PTR is completely useless and NOTHING is testetd there, its just there to show players the trend the devs plan to go in the future.....
    Even the devs admitted that the PTR is pretty much useless for datamining and balancing.

    The new blizzard trend is to make all roles play the same.
    Every healer gets 95% the Esame spells , just renamed and a different look, same for tank and dps.
    Its the lazy way out of the balancing problem, make everyone the same so nothing needs to be balanced anymore.

    The recent patch and hotfix repatch , undo hotfix history clearly show that blizzard devs get lazier with every week.

    No doubt blizzard WILL get the punished fr the lazyness soon enough.
    With so many new shiny and promising mmorpgs coming out in tzhe near future they WILL lose subs for sure.

    WoW more and more turns into "NO OPTIONS AT ALL" playstyle, despite what the devs blabber.....
    Its play as THEY want you to play or simply be unable to play at all....

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    PTR is completely useless and NOTHING is testetd there, its just there to show players the trend the devs plan to go in the future.....
    Even the devs admitted that the PTR is pretty much useless for datamining and balancing.
    Actually they admitted that PTRs with no new content are useless for getting valuable data in regards to balance. This is because few people are on such PTRs and are rarely if ever doing actual relevant content. PTRs, like the 4.1 PTR, that have new content like raids and 5-mans, get a good number of people on the PTR that they can better balance around. And even on the PTRs like 4.0.6, there is plenty that is tested, such as bugs and mechanics.

  16. #56
    Suck it priests, more nerfs to come >

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    People always seem to complain about homogenization when they are losing something (or at least when they percieve something as a loss), but when they gain something they were missing because of it amazingly they don't tend to speak up.
    Not true at ALL. The *new* lock spells for cata were just rehashed mage spells, and trust me, there was a lot of bitching about it. Fel flame= Ice lance. Dark Intent = Focus Magic.

    Some homogenization is ok, but going to the point where all the classes play the same, it justs ruins it. Case in point, giving every class a magic dispel threw pvp balance into chaos.

    Edit: Here is a perfect example of how homogenization can go wrong.

    Warlocks didn't bring buffs, but instead brought utility to raids through debuffs/HS/SS ect. and being a pure DPS class, they bring (or brought rather) more DPS than hybrids.

    Curse of the Elements - The Magic Debuff. This used to be a warlock only debuff, and it used to be two spells (curse of shadow and curse of the elements). It was merged to allow for better raid comp.

    But during the homogenization that happened during wotlk, DKs and boomkins now bring it. Not only did this slightly decreased the value of bringing warlocks, if you happen to be without a boomkin/unholy DK, the warlock would be forced to gimp his DPS a fair amount by helping the group, or be selfish and throw Doom on the target instead. This eventually was fixed, but it took an entire xpac.

    Elemental Shamans used to bring the spell power buff, then they blizz let demo locks bring it. The only problem is, the demo lock buff scaled, and ToW didn't.

    The biggest homogenization cluster fuck was to healing in 4.0. Almost every single healing class now plays almost exactly the same. Sure they are slightly different, but they are basically the same spells. The only unique healers are disc priests and holy pallies.
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2011-02-24 at 10:49 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Not true at ALL. The *new* lock spells for cata were just rehashed mage spells, and trust me, there was a lot of bitching about it. Fel flame= Ice lance. Dark Intent = Focus Magic.

    Some homogenization is ok, but going to the point where all the classes play the same, it justs ruins it. Case in point, giving every class a magic dispel threw pvp balance into chaos.
    How many whine topics did you see about Rebuke being made baseline from Paladins?
    How many about Skull Bash from Druids?
    And what about the mass amount of topics from Shamans complaining about getting Bind Elemental?

    Warlocks were not complaining about homogenization, they were complaining about not getting given enough new toys to play with. It's only homogenization if you don't get what you want. If you do, then it's "about time".
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  19. #59
    Priests gonna rock the boat soon!

    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.

    Patience

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by kamilumin View Post
    Actually they admitted that PTRs with no new content are useless for getting valuable data in regards to balance. This is because few people are on such PTRs and are rarely if ever doing actual relevant content. PTRs, like the 4.1 PTR, that have new content like raids and 5-mans, get a good number of people on the PTR that they can better balance around. And even on the PTRs like 4.0.6, there is plenty that is tested, such as bugs and mechanics.
    And we have seen how good the testing in beta for a whole new EXPANSION was, havent we ?
    Balance isues existing over half a year with thousands of players playing brand new content...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •