Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

wow destroying its self?

so, me and my GF were talking bout wow destroying its self..
    were talking bout the "new" raids that allready ppl done manny manny times,
    were talking bout the hunter volley was gone, (she miss her unter Q_Q)
    and i took a look about the new loot, it just seems exstremely overpowerd yeah? compared when they are changing the BS armor, (removing sockets and so on)
    naxxaramas in wotlk? ppl allready done those bosses before
    the list is just getting bigger and bigger,

anny thought's bout this?

10+ Year Old Account
    People just need to adjust. WoW isn't destroying itself, it's just making changes, every mmo needs to make changes or people would get bored of the same thing over and over and quit. There are things people don't like and there are things people do like. It's just like life, if everyones life was never changing and nothing ever happened humans would become unhappy and bored, soon the human race would decrease until there was no one left. Harsh? Yes, but it's just like a mmo, if everything was the same, no one would play and blizzard would no longer make money off of WoW.

I do agree with the overpowered loot, but toons are gaining more levels and need better gear. We're not in wotlk anymore (sadly ), people will get used to the changed and soon this expansion will become as fun as classic, bc and wotlk.

And just so we're clear, I don't WoW will ever destroy itself. People will leave the game, but more players will take that person place. Some people like this playstyle and want to play it.

Just my two cents.

The list is just getting bigger and bigger? What exactly is making you post this? The ZA and ZG part? Did you noticed it will be 5man with different bosses, and for the bosses that come back it will most likely be new mechanics?

The bottom line is, if you like a game, play it. If you don't like a game, don't play it. It really bothers me when people think they're entitled to receive exactly what they think they want.

I understand that it's based on how much easier it is to communicate your rage nowadays, but when I started in MMO's, you played the damn game for what it was and were learning to enjoy the changes when they were coming.

For the record, I started playing MMO's in 1997 with Ultima Online, then played EverQuest, Lineage, City of Heroes, EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft.

Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this frog talk? I can't understand it.

Yes, WoW is destroying itself! Its now on recycled content, Pay attention...it will soon be all over !!!!

the thread title is right, but your logic is all wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    its the end of the world of warcraft, its the end of the world of warcraft! I'm having a hard time understanding what your saying, but no wows not destroying itself. people just need to adjust to the changes, hunters have no volly? no real reason for it when most trash pulls are single target.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Just how many games do you play every week 6 years after they were released. As other posters have stated: Don't like it, stop playing. They are many other games out there you don't HAVE to play Wow.

Even guildies who love this game are starting to feel jaded with Wow after six years. The whole "level - grind - raid" thing has been going on for a while now. If you want a change, take a break. Come back when 4.3 is released and there are a lot of new things to play with, instances to try out.

J.

what?
    ZG and ZA are not going to be raids, they are 5 mans.
    And i assume the new versions will have atleast new tactics/bosses/mobs etc.

Welcome to Activision's corporate mentality: Charge as much as possible for as little development effort as possible.

Deleted
    all the so called "recycled" content (in cata that is) has been changed severely...ZG and ZA will be 5mans, and since Cata is a few decades after ZG and ZA actually occured, there will be some massive changes in there.
    Firelands (Raggy) have never been seen before, just because they use a major lore character a few times doesn't mean they are recycling anything.

As for the spell changes (volley), who gives a damn? You have multishot and all the traps. Besides most of the time it's singletargetting

10+ Year Old Account
    Is WOW killing itself? Not yet. You have to understand that it has been the same game for over 6 years. Yes they have added new raids, gear, classes/races, and areas since it first came out but, the playstyle is still the same. So either reroll an alt, play some pvp, or play something else.

Deleted
    The sky isn't falling quite yet, but Blizzard is on a path. What Blizzard started in Wotlk with Naxxramas and Onyxia, they are continuing in Cataclysm. Even the so-called new 1-60 leveling experience exists of mostly recycled quests and art work.

Sure, rehashing old stuff is cheap and most people will buy it anyway (just ask Nintendo), but more critical gamers ask themselves why they would pay for "new" content they've already played years ago (and got that t-shirt).

Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    The list is just getting bigger and bigger? What exactly is making you post this? The ZA and ZG part? Did you noticed it will be 5man with different bosses, and for the bosses that come back it will most likely be new mechanics?
    Who cares about the difficulty etc?
    Or even the boss models and whatnot?
    Its still a reused piece of content, which isnt coded from scratch thus doesn't provide something new.
    In reality its just an old used instance that gets some new npc models (And yet still remain troll focussed so they will prolly use old models) and a new loot table.
    Thats not a new instance, regardless of whatever size format they put ingame for.
    We did ZG/ZA already, changing a few models doesn't mean it becomes a new instance, and while ZG/ZA where decent instances in their prime going back now trying to hammer on the old concepts again gets rather dull after 2 runs.

WoW is fine, the sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    were talking bout the "new" raids that allready ppl done manny manny times,
    Personally I haven't cleared the HMs yet. Last time I looked on WoWProgress it didn't look like most guilds were farming full HC clears.

were talking bout the hunter volley was gone, (she miss her unter Q_Q)
    Sad but necessary. Hunters on trash felt like you were clicking the channel and then AFKing. Having to click more buttons is only a good thing. After all, logically a hunter shouldn't be that good at hitting many things at the same time with a bow.

and i took a look about the new loot, it just seems exstremely overpowerd yeah? compared when they are changing the BS armor, (removing sockets and so on)
    When you raid you get new loot. I wouldn't want a guy in his pity epic T11 being equal to my hard earned T12.

naxxaramas in wotlk? ppl allready done those bosses before
    Recycled content isn't bad. The term sounds bad and lasy, but when you actually think about playing it, its nice. The content that players missed out on in the past comes back and updated. A large majority of the WoW playerbase now has joined post Vanilla, many of them didn't even progress far in TBC.
    Naxx was actually nice. It might have stayed open for far too long and people got weary, but it was still the best starting raid for Wrath. If you're invading his lands the first thing you've got to do is take out his space ship. It had many bosses and the mechanics were new to most players.
    ZA and ZG are back as 5 mans. They're completely redone, a lot of work has gone into them. They might use old mechanics again, but thats not a bad thing. Most people haven't done those mechanics before, so why let good mechanics rot.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear WoW will end 2 days before the day after tomorrow .omg that means ..

we...we didnt listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Who cares about the difficulty etc?
    Or even the boss models and whatnot?
    Its still a reused piece of content, which isnt coded from scratch thus doesn't provide something new.
    In reality its just an old used instance that gets some new npc models (And yet still remain troll focussed so they will prolly use old models) and a new loot table.
    Thats not a new instance, regardless of whatever size format they put ingame for.
    We did ZG/ZA already, changing a few models doesn't mean it becomes a new instance, and while ZG/ZA where decent instances in their prime going back now trying to hammer on the old concepts again gets rather dull after 2 runs.
    The map is old (probably) and the mechanics are old (probably). But it still has to be coded from scratch. If it was that easy to update content they would have done all the dungeons as HC for Cata launch.

If you love raiding, truly love it, all this kind of talk seems silly.

All I got out of today was this: OMG new mounts and pets and hydra hunter pet and ZA and ZG and Firelands and Ragnaros looks great!
    But I also got this: OMG old mounts are coming back, making me feel less special and ZA and ZG is coming back and WTF LEGS.

P.S.: I love his legs. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you probably never managed to do ZG and ZA when they were current and they are getting new bosses/mechanics.