A small ramble on Blizzard and balance

I never liked how Blizzard tries to balance both PvP and PvE by putting everything under one blanket.

They may have done things to alter CC such as implementing diminishing returns and, most recently, standard 8 second CCs. That's not really enough. Even damage output ought to be altered in PvP zones. Some classes have ridiculous PvE damage, and just so happen to have some great mobility and perks. Those perks and damage ultimately get nerfed in PvP which directly hinder PvE performance (Looking at feral druids for the mobility part, your pve damage needs a boost :P). PvP and PvE should have different rules for how skills function.

I am 80% a PvE player, I have not done any major Arena play myself aside from Paladin/DK, so my points would probably be invalid in some eyes. But just look at some of the PTR changes: Recuperate buff? Recuperate is damn ridiculous. A mage and rogue should not be able to last forever. It's not right for PvP, but it has some small effect in PvE. Arms Warrior changes, too. The output in arenas is going to be ridiculous; they are one of the best bursts in arenas, and it's only getting better. This is clearly a change to make PvE more effective for Arms.

I really don't know why Blizzard won't just give spells and abilities a seperate "Organized PvP" effect or function, and then focus balancing there instead of making PvE changes which effect PvP, and vice-a-versa. Hell, a cover-all "40% less damage" in arenas would be welcomed.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:48 AM ----------

No responses? :P

Not even a typical "TLDR QQ fag l2p scrub" post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that it would be the logical thing to have two separate values for PVP and PVE, kind of like how Exorcism used to work (or rather: not work) on players.

But, that would be logical, and we don't do that here.

"A mage and rogue should not be able to last forever."

I have to disagree. Have you ever faced a solid 2v2 or 3v3 team? Survivability to any class is very necessary. Thats what makes it challenging. When it effects pve greatly though, thats when it becomes an issue. Like bear tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    "A mage and rogue should not be able to last forever."

I have to disagree. Have you ever faced a solid 2v2 or 3v3 team? Survivability to any class is very necessary. Thats what makes it challenging. When it effects pve greatly though, thats when it becomes an issue. Like bear tanking.
    I get your point, but have you seen mage-rogue 2v2 comps in top ratings. They have ridiculous survivability and they often oom the healer if they face healer+dps.

in words having 2 separate sets of attributes and values for pvp and pve sound good but when it comes to the real game its simply double the number of balance problem; remember peoples never cut the QQ when their class got beaten in recount or they are unable to kill every other class in 1vs1.
    This game is designed to be balanced in 5+ group not for solo but everytime players fail to understand that in certain condition (aka encounter mechanic for PVE) some class have the upper hand and start to claim that this class is OP and ask for a nerf; the same goes for pvp they refuse to play in group and seek the 1v1 against every other class and when they got smashed the QQ start.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh View Post
    I never liked how Blizzard tries to balance both PvP and PvE by putting everything under one blanket.

They may have done things to alter CC such as implementing diminishing returns and, most recently, standard 8 second CCs. That's not really enough. Even damage output ought to be altered in PvP zones. Some classes have ridiculous PvE damage, and just so happen to have some great mobility and perks. Those perks and damage ultimately get nerfed in PvP which directly hinder PvE performance (Looking at feral druids for the mobility part, your pve damage needs a boost :P). PvP and PvE should have different rules for how skills function.

I am 80% a PvE player, I have not done any major Arena play myself aside from Paladin/DK, so my points would probably be invalid in some eyes. But just look at some of the PTR changes: Recuperate buff? Recuperate is damn ridiculous. A mage and rogue should not be able to last forever. It's not right for PvP, but it has some small effect in PvE. Arms Warrior changes, too. The output in arenas is going to be ridiculous; they are one of the best bursts in arenas, and it's only getting better. This is clearly a change to make PvE more effective for Arms.

I really don't know why Blizzard won't just give spells and abilities a seperate "Organized PvP" effect or function, and then focus balancing there instead of making PvE changes which effect PvP, and vice-a-versa. Hell, a cover-all "40% less damage" in arenas would be welcomed.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:48 AM ----------

No responses? :P

Not even a typical "TLDR QQ fag l2p scrub" post?
    Recup remains the same. They're nerfing it and buffing it at the same time.

Try to research a bit before making some bullshit blanter. So tired of you people just yelling out WAAAH WAAH without actually knowing the facts.