Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except that links says no where that it's caster DPS. Only that it's caster weapon.

Also to some about it not being a dagger. If you do read that post it says they would be surprised if it was. Not that it couldn't be. No need to read into things and add words to make them sound different than what is plainly written.
    Considering the thread is called "Caster DPS legendary weapon" and the post he replies to says it is a Caster DPS Legendary Weapon, and the fact that the only other DPS Caster legendary has been removed from the game and was available from a raid instance a tiny amount of the playerbase actually saw, it would make sense, especially considering that Atiesh was a caster AND healer item.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    From what I've read they were going to make it a mace but have settled on making it a dagger... however all bets are off until they actually release some official info on it.
    Really? A Mace? I would find that pretty hard to believe since the two Pure DPS Casters can't use maces, meaning you drop the amount of specs who can use it down from 9 to 3. Still, as you say it's better to wait until we get some real information.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-25 at 12:44 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    No, i'm not excited. It's only going to be a stupid raid farm quest that will take weeks to months to complete and all it will reward you will be the fact that you wasted your time for an item thats slightly better than a regular epic you can get in a small part of that time.
    Find a better raiding guild

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Considering the thread is called "Caster DPS legendary weapon" and the post he replies to says it is a Caster DPS Legendary Weapon, and the fact that the only other DPS Caster legendary has been removed from the game and was available from a raid instance a tiny amount of the playerbase actually saw, it would make sense, especially considering that Atiesh was a caster AND healer item.
    So because the OP said that it was a caster DPS weapon and the blue quoted him makes it true? Read exactly what the blue wrote:

I don't *think* we've confirmed that, but there was a lot of press last week so maybe somebody said something off the cuff.

We haven't put a legendary on the first tier of content the last two expansions. It just feels too soon and doesn't have the same impact when everyone is upgrading their gear so quickly from leveling.

We agree that it's probably the caster's turn when we do get around to adding one. I would be surprised if it was a dagger given that our artists like to have so much fun with the art -- even though Warcraft daggers are as large as claymores from other games, they're still relatively small.
    All that basically says is this:

1) They didn't confirmed anything, but could've been a slip up.
    2) Never put a legendary in the first tier of raiding due to it being too early and would make some think they have to take the leap from leveling gear to legendary.
    3) They agree it's casters turn when they get around to adding one.
    4) Would be surprised if it was a dagger since artists want to have fun with it and due to them being small makes it harder.

Again, where does it say anywhere in there about Caster DPS other than the quoted OP? Just because a caster "dps" weapon was removed doesn't necessarily mean the next one will be dps. I still stand by what I said earlier in the thread that the way they have made it sound so far is it will be something viable for both healers and dps. So perhaps something along the line of Benediction.

I am fairly certain that when he says caster, he means a DPS, and that he would have called them healers if he was talking about healers. Considering he was replying to a DPS caster about their post about a DPS caster legendary, it wouldn't make much sense if he was actually referring to a completely separate role, and his comment about it being a while since they have added one would make no sense since they added a healer legendary last expansion. The post he quotes even says "and in LK even Healers got one so when is it are turn?".

If he is talking about a healer legendary and not a DPS caster one the reply makes no sense.

edit:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...mages-warlocks

In that post they are talking about Warlocks and Mages so there is absolutely no chance they mean healers.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-25 at 12:55 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

A dagger is not totally out of question when it comes to design. I for one think that the dagger dropping from Algalon and Mimiron (starshard edge) is cool enough to have been a legendary.

The problem is that a legendary needs to shout " LOOK AT ME!! " like the others do, (maybe with valanyr as an exception) you always notice Thunderfuries or Warglaives pretty fast.

Maybe if the weapon became more than a weapon, giving you an offensive transform cooldown? Like the fury of angerforge makes you a dragon, this can make you into maybe something similiar to the warlock demon form, or maybe letting you gets a buff letting you do something thats a mix of Shadowy Aparations (S-priest spell), Deathwing styled minions and The staff from Lady Deathwhisper (cant remember name)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

15+ Year Old Account
    @Lucetia I understand you as a paladin who didn't do Ulduar 25 missed out on even attempting to get the healer mace that could only be obtained from Ulduar 25 that Blizzard specifically referred to as a HEALER weapon when they were talking about a legendary being added to the game. I understand that you want a legendary now since the items will be available for 25 man raiders as well as 10 man raiders because of the new design of raids. No arguing about what they have said or not said is going to change the fact that when they refer to something that is a HEALER item that they specifically state HEALER and when they (they meaning BLizzard) says "caster" that infact they are referring to damage dealing casters.