Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    5 Man heroics now giving epic level loot in 4.1?

Do you think this is a positive or negative step?

I'm kind of happy, because that means the price of maelstrom crystals will drop significantly and i can get my gear enchanted to the fullest, but at the same time, epics will go right back to not meaning anything.

I saw a character in full epics a few weeks back on my server and sat there in awe, come 4.1, every pug that can run ZG and ZA will have epics.

I personally am not sure how i feel about this, how about you guys?

(If this has already been posted please delete this, i checked the first 8 or so pages with nothing.)
    Would you be crying if this loot had blue text instead of purple?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lowering Prices on Maelstrom Crystals .....and your complaining!!!
    Color doesn't matter DPS does.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    People already can't clear current heroics -- what makes you think they'll be able to handle the 4.1 heroics?

Also, justice points will be used to purchase current valor point gear. That's where welfare epics will come on -- not the new heroics.

Furthermore, who cares? It's just a color. While everyone is bitching about welfare epics, I'll be wearing 391 gear.
    This guy's on the right track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    It has literally been this way since patch 3.1 in wrath. I really don't get why people are suddenly surprised that the gear from the new heroics will be equivalent to this tier's raids.
    Actually it's been like that since the SWP patch :P

Yet another person who is too stupid to realise that in 4.1 you will be able to buy the current Valor Points items which are available for Justice Points, it seems. Which they announced before the end of Wrath.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydron-Outland View Post
    Tbh it really makes no difference, if people put in the effort to run HC dungeons then they will have the best gear possible from that, the fact that the new ones give epics just changes the colour of some of their gear.
    Raid epics will still be higher iLvL thus better items.
    This in a nutshell. higher itemlevel > than color of gear. The epics from these five mans will only be 353 itemlevel...which is still lower than even reputation epics. All i see is this makes recruiting for raiding guilds a little bit easier because people will be closer to our gear levels. And the maelstrom crystal drop is a good thing.

These 5mans also will fill a gap. They are superior to current 5mans in gear but below raids in quality, they also require better gear to be able to queue. This is a good thing...plus i want the new mounts to compliment my current tiger
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

requires a much higher ilvl to get in. I'm pretty sure they arent welfare epics.

what difference does it make ffs, if you're any good at the game heroic 5man purple pixels wont make a difference to you if you're raiding to get HC raid purple pixels.

To be honnest making raiding more accessible was the best thing they did, as i used to be ther person who made alts to help the guild out for a certain role < fast lever and quick learner.

To be honnest WoTLK until ToC was my perfect raid scene, progression but not too steep, then ToC ruined it all.

Personally, I'm not a fan. I would prefer to see these as 353 blue items. And its not from any elitist sense, my only epics are from rep vendors Let the purples stay in raids. The only positive spin for me is at least crystals will be cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much Toc is the god dam bane of every wow players exsistance.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back to this crap again, as the world turns I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Instead of purple color you'll have higher numbers. Epics never meant anything in the first place
    Not entirely true. Epic means enchants that require maelstrom crystals will go down in price and up in availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that you need to have an ilvl 346 to even get into these dungeons, no, they're not welfare epics. You worked hard to gear up and now you're working hard to gear up more.

Besides, this is basically the precursor to T12 which means T11 will be the "welfare epics". Wouldn't even surprise me if these bosses all dropped VP too.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2011-02-24 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beress View Post
    Personally, I'm not a fan. I would prefer to see these as 353 blue items. And its not from any elitist sense, my only epics are from rep vendors Let the purples stay in raids. The only positive spin for me is at least crystals will be cheaper.
    I would like to see 353 blues from every boss except the last one in the instance. The stat weight would be the same, but the DE mats wouldn't give us too many crystals.

Deleted
    To everyone going like "Oh, but they're weaker" "Lower iLvL imo", let me remind you this

Maelstrom

Crystals

Your server's cool enchants are going to drop in prices so badly it's not even going to be funny. I don't know about you peeps, but I don't fancy seeing random people with shit gear running around with the Landslide I paid thousands of gold for just a month back.
    In my opinion, give those those item the near-raid stats, but keep them blue or make it so only the last boss drops an epic otherwise the market is going to get nuked.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2011-02-24 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    5 Man heroics now giving epic level loot in 4.1?

Do you think this is a positive or negative step?

I'm kind of happy, because that means the price of maelstrom crystals will drop significantly and i can get my gear enchanted to the fullest, but at the same time, epics will go right back to not meaning anything.

I saw a character in full epics a few weeks back on my server and sat there in awe, come 4.1, every pug that can run ZG and ZA will have epics.

I personally am not sure how i feel about this, how about you guys?

(If this has already been posted please delete this, i checked the first 8 or so pages with nothing.)
    It's no problem. If a person doesn't want casual players to have gear, I don't care what that person thinks... they are a tool. If a person thinks the best players won't always have better gear than the casuals, they are foolish, and I don't care what that person thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi View Post
    I just wish that they would keep epics as the highest level of loot, like it's now. What they should do in 4.1 is to make all non-heroic epics (iLvL 359) blue, but keep the item level. The new loot from firelands and the heroic loot from BoT, BWD and TotFW will still be epic. Also they should ofc not make the loot from ZA and ZG epic, but blue iLvL 353.

That way it would still mean a bit to have epic gear.
    The color of an item's name shouldn't matter. The stats matter. If you go back and get a Hand of Ragnaros, you aren't going to take it to Blackwing Descent and dps with it, because it sucks. The weapon being orange doesn't make it good, the stats make it bad.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
    -MLK

I have a dream that my fellow WoW players will one day be inspected and not be judged by the color of their gear but by the content of their character.

personally i have no issue with these instances dropping epics, really it makes no difference to people who are already in epics because guess what, 359/372 > 353. Also the fact that these instances have a higher ilvl requirement to even que for makes me assume theyll be harder, and i think its only fair to reward the extra effort over doing the current heroics. I do however think that making the current valor gear available for justice points is a bit unnecesary but ah well, hopefully itll mean more geared if not more competent partners when i do the daily heroic. also cheaper maelstrom crystals is always nice. Epics havent really been special since vanilla anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    I have a dream that my fellow WoW players will one day be inspected and not be judged by the color of their gear but by the content of their character.
    BUT THERES NO NUMBER FOR THAT???? Whatever will I do if I can't boil the entirety of a player down to a 3 digit number?

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthadius View Post
    personally i have no issue with these instances dropping epics, really it makes no difference to people who are already in epics because guess what, 359/372 > 353. Also the fact that these instances have a higher ilvl requirement to even que for makes me assume theyll be harder, and i think its only fair to reward the extra effort over doing the current heroics. I do however think that making the current valor gear available for justice points is a bit unnecesary but ah well, hopefully itll mean more geared if not more competent partners when i do the daily heroic. also cheaper maelstrom crystals is always nice. Epics havent really been special since vanilla anyway.
    Woah woah woah, step back a second, when did they say they were making VP gear available for JP? wut?

Deleted
    The initial TBC Heroics dropped EPIX from final bosses...

are you honestly surprised that the second tier of HCs in cata will do the same?