Google Chrome bug

If I click 'Reply With Quote' button, and then highlight a part of that quote and lick on the bold 'B' button to make it bold.
    Then if I click my return (enter on keyboard) button the page with crash and all corresponding MMO-Champ tabs with it.

That is what fills my page(s).
    Last edited by jobdone; 2011-02-24 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see it too. I'll pass it up to the devs; thanks!

That's nothing to do with the site, I had that when a virus infected my computer it screwed up all of the settings that chrome used. I ended up doing an OS re-install.

Go to the chrome help page and type in "Aw, Snap" there are a few solutions in there you could try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried to reproduce it, and it crashed my MMO-Champ tabs. I'm running Chrome 11.0.672.2 dev channel (Mac OS X Snow Leopard), so if it's a problem with Chrome its either not fixed yet or not known. Or it could be a problem with this site.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    That's nothing to do with the site, I had that when a virus infected my computer it screwed up all of the settings that chrome used.
    It's not a virus, I've been getting it too on multiple machines none of which run Windows.

same here
    havent been able to see MMO-Champ using google chrome for a couple weeks now
    tried updating and virus scan but no luck.....

not a REAL big problem, since theres plenty of other ways to access the site apart from chrome, but annoying nonetheless

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as not being able to see the site on chrome, I can't seem to replicate that. I know something must be going on, because we've had enough people report it, but I use various versions of chrome without issue personally.

As far as getting the "Aw, Snap" page after hitting enter when composing a message, that's not a virus and it's been passed along.

Google 10 just came out today and solved our issue here at home, my gf can now access MMO while using chrome.

Got latest Chrome and still get the "Aw, Snap" after hitting enter.
    Having to ctrl+a, ctrl+c all the time when typing a message in case I lose everything.
    It's super super annoying!

15+ Year Old Account
    The enter thing is a chrome bug -- if you've just hit a button in the editor (like the button for bold/color/italic/url) and then hit enter, it will cause a crash.

Just make sure to click inside the text box before typing enter, and actually click the 'post reply' button instead of hitting enter on it.

Just another heads up.
    I can only recreate the bug when I click 'Reply With Quote' button and THEN click bold/colour/quote button. Even if I click the quote button and then click inside the text box like you say, no matter when or where in the text box I press enter, it will crash every time.
    I cannot seem to recreate it when I'm posting in the stand alone 'Quick Reply' box.

Also, I always mouse click 'Post Quick Reply' anyway :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug with chrome as far as I'm aware. Make a bug report here: new.crbug.com
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)