Thread: Q about Combat

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Q about Combat

Combat Rogues don't use 2x Swords, Maces, or Axes anymore?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

they can certainly, but they benefit from having the fastest possible offhand, and daggers are much faster than the alternative. I would think axe/dagger would work best.

Generally not, since the only 85 epic weapons fast enough (1.4 speed) to be wielded offhand by combat rogues are daggers.

Sword MH Dagger OH since there isnt any 1.4 speed sword/axe in cata raids >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that suck! I always liked how 2 swords looked...
    Milk was a bad choice.

Deleted
    Anyone knows how much dps you lose approximately if you use slow/slow instead? My rogue is currently only doing normal alt raids so I don't mind sacrificing some dps just for looks, unless the difference is way too much.

The dps loss for using a slow offhand as combat is huge. As in, you'd get more dps from a 1.4 offhand with 346 ilvl than from a 1.8/2.6 offhand with 372 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else feel like Blizzard is shoving daggers down our throats?
    Milk was a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by psychovore View Post
    The dps loss for using a slow offhand as combat is huge. As in, you'd get more dps from a 1.4 offhand with 346 ilvl than from a 1.8/2.6 offhand with 372 ilvl.
    It's more like the Librarian's Paper Cutter (Level 80 iLvl200 blue 1.3) is better than a 1.8 372, probably even the 392 epics in 4.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Generally not, since the only 85 epic weapons fast enough (1.4 speed) to be wielded offhand by combat rogues are daggers.

i thought i saw a 1.4 speed off hand axe available for jp at the vendor in Org? I thought it was a 346 agility axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    It's more like the Librarian's Paper Cutter (Level 80 iLvl200 blue 1.3) is better than a 1.8 372, probably even the 392 epics in 4.1.
    No, the speed of the paper cutter won't compensate for the huge dps and stats difference of level 85 gear, ESPECIALLY considering how much of combat's damage comes from autoattacks (given that combat's off hand will do 87.5% of the damage that the same item would do in MH).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-02-26 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I mean, like, wtf? It sounds like combat sucks for PvE and PvP atm. Is Blizzard going to fix combat?
    Milk was a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    No, the speed of the paper cutter won't compensate for the huge dps and stats difference of level 85 gear, ESPECIALLY considering how much of combat's damage comes from autoattacks (given that combat's off hand will do 87.5% of the damage that the same item would do in MH).
    With a 1.4 I'm already dropping stacks occasionally, with a 1.8 I doubt we would get 5 stacks to begin with.

And yeah I forgot about combat being less differential but I still think it would be pretty close between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    So I mean, like, wtf? It sounds like combat sucks for PvE and PvP atm. Is Blizzard going to fix combat?
    Combat is doing decently in PvE actually. I cant speak for PvP. According to http://stateofdps.com/ Combat is around 6% damage behind Assassination and it is pretty much on par with Elemental.
    Subtlety on the other hand is crap in PvE.
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-02-26 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Combat and Mutilate are both more or less on par in PvE, with either spec benefiting in different situations.
    Subtlety is a bit behind in practice but only slightly behind (If not ahead, according to Simcraft) in theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Anyone knows how much dps you lose approximately if you use slow/slow instead? My rogue is currently only doing normal alt raids so I don't mind sacrificing some dps just for looks, unless the difference is way too much.
    Hehe, if you don't mind sacrificing some damage as a combat rogue and go with the looks go with Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker as your offhand. It's amazing how the loss in DPS is minimal, I still managed to push over 20k dps on trash, bah I even ranked on WoL using this sword on Omnitron. Good fun and effects guaranteed