Thread: My druid.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

My druid.

So I've tried lots of new things through out the day however cannot push 12k dps on a raiding dummy. I'm not sure if that is completely normal and even if it is I wish to be playing at my full potential.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/bruntwins/simple (Ain't allowed to link due to MMO-champion saying I need to post more)

Do you see any improvements with Gems? I've gone full intellect because I've read up that most of the socket bonuses are bad and I haven't seen any look to good.

My rotation is a priority with Star surge > Dots > Starfall (Unless AOE in a certain fight is upcoming in next minute) > Wrath/Starfire for eclipse. I've heard some people state reapplying dots after eclipse instead of keeping them constantly up is better however I've seen my way more while looking through guides.

Another question Mushroom bombs when will they be used? Do I use them on the move or is that just a constant moonfire spam?

Thanks for all the feedback I get.

Quote Originally Posted by bruntwins View Post
    So I've tried lots of new things through out the day however cannot push 12k dps on a raiding dummy. I'm not sure if that is completely normal and even if it is I wish to be playing at my full potential.
    Raid, come back, then complain about DPS. Dummys mean nothing.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have raided and done some pretty average DPS that is also around 10-12k marker depending on each fight. I just used the raiding dummy as an example.

Your gemming is questionable at best. Why do you put yellow gems (and crit?!) into red sockets while putting red gems into yellow sockets? That makes absolutely no sense. You're missing out on some really nice bonuses.

Your reforging is strange as well. What makes you think crit is so great for Moonkins? Reforge it to haste!

I suggest you start out by reading the Moonkin sticky on this forum. Seeing how little you know about stats, it would be reasonable to assume something is wrong with your rotation as well.

without even looking at your link.

hit to 17%
    after that reforge everything you can to haste
    after that reforge all the crit to mastery

during boss fights make sure you multidot when needed i.e. halfus keep dots up on the boss while dpsing the drakes down.

Look up calculated's video section on boomkins on you tube. He posts here frequently and has wonderful videos explaining boomkin rotations for specific circumstances and also when you get your 4 pc T11.

Gems should always be
    META- INT 3% crit strike dmg
    RED- INT
    yellow - INT/HASTE
    blue- INT/HIT(spirit)

theres some quick things that could help you. also practicing rotations always make players better.

dont be bad

gingers

Your rings are unenchanted and your second profession is at 205.

Your legs are using the wrong enchant, and they are also not reforged. - And wrongly gemmed.

You have a WotLK enchant on your gloves.

The second gem in your chest should be Int/Spirit. Rule of thumb is to follow socket colours if the bonus is of 20 Intellect or higher.

Your head has a pure Crit gem in it. It should be Int/Haste. - You're also using the wrong Meta gem.

Your entire set is pretty poorly reforged. You're .18% above the Hit cap. There has to be a more optimal solution in there.

As for talents; Furor > Moonglow. If you need either, at least go for Furor.

- That's my 4 minutes spent on you. Good luck.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replys guys. I'll give this all a quick use.

Quote Originally Posted by bruntwins View Post
    Thanks for the replys guys. I'll give this all a quick use.
    Wow. You literally took every suggestion and implemented it! Kudos! Let us know what improvements you've seen, because those were significant changes. One TINY suggestion is to replace the 40 haste gem in the shoulders with a 40 int. If you're ignoring socket bonusese, this is always what you want to do. INT is king, there's no other way to get more!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Single target damage on one target has gone to a clear 12k DPS near 13k (So about 1k DPS increase) DPS of three dummys (Mobs that need to be nuked.) Luner is 13k DPS (Spaming moonfire and using starfall on all the targets) Solar is 17k DPS (Making sure all of the targets had IS and then used Starfire and spammed Starfire.)

So 1k DPS increase on changing some gear round is pretty decent. Assuming when I get into a raid that 1k will be increased from buffs and such.