Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The best rogue is raping comps at 2400+ with lvl 80 weapons, what's that tell you about rogues? OT
    Shackle (garbage, you can remove that from the game if you like. I can shack dk's pets for 1 sec before anyone thats not retarded dispels it)
    Two kinds of fear? LOL You call disarm a fear? That 3 second stun?
    Some of the best burst dmg? LOL Some of the best? Everyone in the game has burst, dk's, warriors, rogues, mages, hunters, etc..
    I can heal myself and go oom leaving me useless. In season 8 when i could heal myself and NOT be oom, it was powerful, but now when i start healing my teammates in 3's its pretty much a game over for us because im oom.
    Mass dispell is almost 8k mana, using that to dispel a friendly fear/sheep lol.. no need to say more
    You see SP in high rankings like you see every rmp, rls, mld, wld teams you moron... and none of the teams i just mentioned have a shadowpriest.. maybe they need a nerf?

Yet another homogenization by Blizzard.
    Healers have become Base heal, big heal, fast heal, AoE heal. People won't be happy until everything is so similar there will be no point in having alts because they're all the same...

magic dispel change doesn't affect healing priests a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The change for Spellsteal needs to be "You can only have one stolen buff active at a time".
    There, they can bitch that it's not "Smart" (which is the dumbest argument I've ever heard), and they don't have to feel "broken" by having a cooldown on it.
    Save the condescension for something you actually have experience with on both sides, please, it is distasteful <3. Despite the silly tone you have in your post, I'd have no problem with that change. You think I want a 2m fort, shadow prot, kings, and might on me? No, I wanted avenging wrath. I really dont think that would be a nerf to spellsteal in almost every single situation, however, which is why I'm sure most mages just wouldn't really mind. It would nerf things like stealing resto druid hots and LoSing while they tick you back up, and it would possibly remove the usefulness of the "buff for me" portion of the spell if you need to spam purge for a kill (which really isnt a common practice as a mage, anyway).

Spellsteal with a cooldown and the same randomness it has now is a spell that no longer deserves a keybind, regardless of how much you dislike the spell. I can't stand smokebomb in 5's against rogue-warrior-x-x-x comps, but I'm not an experienced rogue so I am not making a judgement call on how to fix it without making it useless. I'd like to see a "ring of frost" warmup time to it, but then I can definitely see how that diminishes the spell greatly.

Also, @heket, spellsteal doesn't dispel magic from friendlies, so I'm not really sure how that's related to this at all. You're still capable of dispelling what a mage steals right back off of him as both shadow and disc, too, btw.

More on topic, I tend to agree with this sort of homogenization. I don't really agree with singe magic either, but given that it's on an imp it doesnt make much of a difference. I don't think this will have a huge effect on pve (because you have 3 guaranteed dispells in 10m, and 5-8 in 25 depending upon fight). Perhaps dps dispels are nice for things like H LK where healing is super intense (we had a shadow priest do plagues, but that may have been a "need more disease guys" problem too since our priests were GCD locked shield spamming). I think blizz is making the right move by toning down dispels in these past few (and future) patches.