Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Living Ember new crafting orb?

Seeing as it fits the whole Firelands theme, and its icon is all but tell-tale, it's my assumption this will be the orb to follow the Chaos Orb. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mestipher View Post
    Seeing as it fits the whole Firelands theme, and its icon is all but tell-tale, it's my assumption this will be the orb to follow the Chaos Orb. Thoughts?
    I agree fully. Excitingly enough, these should mean tasty new craftable epics! I can't wait.

Also, Chaos Orbs shall hopefully be BoE by then too.

The Living Ember might well be the new Nether Vortex and only drop from raid bosses.

Crafting material for the new BoE epics I would bet. Patterns are bought from a new faction introduced with the fireland raid like in ICC? Or drops like in BT? I also think they will drop from the raid bosses and will be sold by the Valor Points Quartermaster so you can spend them on something after you have your equip or to get a nice BoE item via your twinks (remember primordial saronite?).

This thread is about Living Ember, I've removed a number of posts which seem confused about Timeless Eye or the next legendary weapon for which there are other threads already... keep this one on topic please
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

I love the idea of the patterns being purchased with valor, but man would those go for a premium tip.

Maybe the pattern are purchased with Living Ember and Living Ember is purchased via valor or per boss drop (or both).

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Maybe the pattern are purchased with Living Ember and Living Ember is purchased via valor or per boss drop (or both).
    wow if its from VP it would be a huge money maker... cos not many raids have cleared all bosses in my server yet and even if they do its a guild run... so th eonly prefered way to get would be then VP and i have got all my MS gears using VP like 2 weeks back and not using it for anything :P

but is there a assumed date for 4.1 on live realm?? am not a person who follows test realm so not sure if its a too early question.

like where do u guys get test realm informations?? any proposed new raids and new patterns??
    Last edited by psathyanhome; 2011-03-03 at 05:53 PM.

It will be the equivalent of primordial saronite.

Is used to make the staff.

Hope its used to get reipies, inc jc epics.

I'd presume it to be same as wrath was, chaos orbs are like frozen orbs, they will likely drop from heroic bosses all of cata.

Burning ember will become the primordial saronite, drop from raid bosses only, or purchasable with the current tier points (vp or whatever replaces it). It won't be cheap, 1 will cost as much as a tier peice.

It will be used for the legendary staff quest and will be used to purchase new patterns from vendors. It will also be used in the pattern, probably needing 4 for belt and 6 for pants.

Really hoping they go back to bosses dropping patterns. Personally I would not like to see the badge vendors get the new epic patterns, even if it was very difficult to purchase through those means. I think bosses dropping the patterns adds to the element of raiding and gives a purpose to those patterns, other than them becoming obsolete because everyone has access to them, eventually everyone will get these patterns but there will be a random drop chance which increases the epicness of said item.

I agree and disagree. Ulduar enchants are still very rare and only getting more rare as just about no one is raiding 25 man Ulduar at this point, let alone farming it for a pattern that was ultra rare and bop.

I don't know if they want anything to be so exclusive. End up making the rich richer, hardcore raiders get the drops, when they already have all the gold from now epics, and just one more thing to milk the casuals for gold with.

With that said, this isn't a qq pay cause I'm an AH whore and in a top progression guild so such a drop would favor me, but I can understand how it would be frustrating to everyone not raiding 4 nights a week.

well since firelands isnt coming out in 4.1 the new epics arent

The interesting thing that we're going to see is everyone knows and I it has been confirmed that the Living Embers are going to be used in the legendary questline, requiring 25 to complete, so most guilds out their will most likely prioritize the Legendary for their guild. What will be interesting to see is whether or not they will indeed be obtainable through Valor Points, because I would like to see the recipes fairly accessible, as not only are they a strong profit maker, but have some nice gear for your toons.

So let's assume that they will drop from boss or will be obtainable via rep.Chaos orb will go boe ,price of it will hit rock bottom.On the other hand you will need Truegold for new crafted epics. See where I am going ?

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    Chaos orb will go boe ,price of it will hit rock bottom.
    Living Ember is the new crafting orb, but you will still need Chaos Orbs as well to craft the items (other than Tailoring) so I don't think it will hit rock bottom as it will still have its use with new gear.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-05-23 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Living Ember is the new crafting orb, but you will still need Chaos Orbs as well to craft the items (other than Tailoring) so I don't think it will hit rock bottom as it will still have its use with new gear.
    They will hit rock bottom once they go BoE, which a blue said would happen in a later patch (probably post 4.1). Dreamcloth will also be affected by Chaos Orbs becoming more available, since they can be created from Chaos Orbs with no cool down (this may be adjusted though). Both of these would otherwise go up in price because of their new demand in the new patch 4.1 recipes.

Yes i think so.

Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    They will hit rock bottom once they go BoE, which a blue said would happen in a later patch (probably post 4.1). Dreamcloth will also be affected by Chaos Orbs becoming more available, since they can be created from Chaos Orbs with no cool down (this may be adjusted though). Both of these would otherwise go up in price because of their new demand in the new patch 4.1 recipes.
    I really don't think the price will hit rock bottom because even though they will be BoE people will still use up their saved supply on crafting new gear to wear or sell.