Help with Cho'gall

(first of all english is not my mother language sorry T-T)
    Hi, I need help with Cho'gall 10 I want to know all the tricks and stuff to handle the phase 2 and if is possible to do Cho'gall with 2 healers I have been doing some research and some guides says that 2 healers is the recommended but i don't know my raid comp is:

2 priest (holy,shadow)
    2 shaman (resto,resto)
    1 druid (moonkin)
    1 warrior (prot)
    1 rogue
    1 warlock(destro)
    1 hunter (MM)
    1 paladin (prot)

Sometimes the moonkin is changed with an enh shami ( i know too much shamans but we are all friends so we can't change that ><)
    Now we learned that arcane torrent, smoke bomb, solarbeam, shadow fury can be helpful but our best atemp to kill Cho'gall, he still had 9% 2.8M hp
    left and we were already oom ( the healers) so i want to know how many adds are we supposed to kill ( i read in some guides that you needed to kill just the 2 waves of adds and then burn the boss) or what is the easiest way to do it with that group can the shamans,warrior,paladin,etc can do something special to help?
    thanks for reading i hope you can help me =)
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

2 Healing is indeed easier. You want to aim to deal with 3 waves of adds. Use the Holy Priest and 1 of the Shamans. They have to be very careful to save as much mana as they can going into Phase 2. Use your Moonkin's innervates on which ever healer struggles the most. Usually Cho'gall will cast Shadow Power just before entering Phase 2 (the 3 pulses of Shadow AoE damage) which can be very annoying as it puts your healers behind on raid heals from the start. When this happens I call for my Moonkin to pop Tranq, otherwise he saves it for later. Not much else to it besides high DPS and getting the tentacles down quick.

thanks for the reply =) but do you know any tricks or something maybe the best way to tank the boss in the room or the best way to put the puddles for the blood adds everything helps =)
    (Sig too large)

With 3 Healers, you lose dps. You will need to kill 4 sets of blood, kill 3 sets of spawns in Phase 2 and overall your raid will suffer more corruption.

With 2 Healers, you gain dps. You will only need to kill 3 sets of blood, kill 2 sets of spawns in Phase 2 and overall your raid will take FAR less damage from corruption.

2 Healing will solve your problem.

Tank boss in front of his throne, Drop the Blood adds in the hallway on the steps, across from cho'gall.

oo maybe this can help here is the armory link of the healers do we have the gear to 2 man healing it?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...psyccoz/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...opperoo/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...grutarg/simple

and which shaman should do it?
    (Sig too large)

Your Priest is obviously the most geared, and disc is op atm. As for the the shammys its up to which one has more skill, because they're about equally geared.

Also your links are in spanish, or some crazy language.

10+ Year Old Account
    We always tank Cho´gal on the right side of the room (south on the map) and pull the adds to the entrance, so that the slimes have to get around the corner and are in a choking point there (easier for aoe to hit all).
    When Phase 2 is about to start, we pull him to the south-western corner and let him face the wall, so when the tenacles spawn they can only be behing him and the melees don´t need to move that much.

The adds target the person nearest to them.

Wait for Cho'gall to use and finish unleashed shadows before he hits 25% or the damage can often overwhelm heals. Have the offtank try to tank two of the tentacles, while the melee/ranged kill the other two (assisting one person to focus one down at a time).

Deleted
    Try with 1 tank and 3 healers if you have trouble with 2-healing it. That way you will have more dps and still lots of heals. As long as you got a dps that can taunt and soak the fury its fine.

I soak first and use cooldowns (timers are usualy off for first), then plate dps runs back and taunt just before fury, tank taunts back after he started cast. Rinse and repeat, when soaker got 4 stacks let him reset them and take one fury yourself (with cooldowns). Watch video for more details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_vMzFGudBs

wow thanks a lot all of you that's really useful i'm pretty sure Cho'gall is going down now in the next atemp! (on sunday Dx) I really thank you all for all the feedback =)!!!!
    good night thanks again XD
    (Sig too large)

Hey! My guild spent a couple days of wipes before we figured out exactly what we needed to do.

Ill try my best to help you, Im a holy paladin and I find that a lot of it has to do with healing. For the first phase, you need to make sure everybody is avoiding as much damage as possible! My guild 2 heals it and the first phase is a bitch if you are getting stacks of twisted devotion on Cho'gall. Everybody says that the adds are the biggest issue and I guess I cant really comment since ive only ever healed this fight. For me, the whole fight is about getting through phase 1 with as much mana and CD's as possible left over for phase 2. The biggest drains on mana in the first phase are the adherents shadow crash type things and when Chogall stacks twisted devotion because you were slow in interupts. Make sure cho'gall is getting twisted devotion as little as possible as it will make the last phase extremely hard since your healers will likely be low on mana. Shadow crash also hits quite hard and is easily avoidable so make sure you call out anybody who is getting hit by it so that they are more careful.

It usually takes my guild at least an hour to down it each week because its still quite a tough fight. The key is having your healers use as little CD's as possible while still having lots of mana left over. There were many attempts where it didnt feel like it was even possible to heal through everything. It will always be a challenge for the healers but the best way to deal with that is taking as little damage as possible.

Phase 2 can also feel like it is impossible to heal through. The reason for this is that the adds probably werent dealt with very well. Our guild started tanking Cho'gall on his throne during phase 2 since the adds will spawn in a smaller area. Make sure that interupts/stuns/lots of dps go off on the adds since they give a healing debuff on whoever they channel their spell on.

Sorry, I know I repeated stuff many times, I hope my tips help though. Much alcohol greatly reduces the coherency (is that even a word?) of my post.

Good luck with the fight! It may feel useless as you might not think you are even close, but with more practice, you will be able to get to phase 2 with your lots of mana and CDs left on your healers! As long as you are interupting and killing the adds quickly, phase 2 should be very doable with lots of cds and mana left on your healers!

boomkin specs mushrooms
    once bloods spawn boomkin pops mushrooms
    dps burn adds
    boomkin typhoons adds once they cross mushrooms
    advise your boomkin to push a solar eclipse for massive dps.

if your dps is good only two people need to do the first two waves of adds. i do this with a fire mage. all dps should do the 3rd wave as there are going to be a LOT of adds.

if your ae dps is low make sure your hunter is speccing 2/2 Bombardment
    tell your warlock friend to go demo
    make sure the boomkin isnt wasting his time with hurricane eclipsed sunfire/insect swarm does SO much more dps.... i mean SO much more

profit

make sure your raid is stacking behind chogall once the shadowcrashes are over. this way healers can just spam aoe and not have to worry about too much

honestly, and i know bitching about resto shaman is all the rage these days (for good reason), but with 2 resto shaman youre probably going to want to 3 heal. you're lacking some serious raid cooldowns without it. however, you should be able to keep the entire raid up just by dropping circle of healing and healing rains and spot healing here or there.

save all the big cooldowns for the final phase

enter phase and paladin pops DG
    once people start dipping to 40-50% boomkin pops tranq
    once people start dipping again to 40-50% priest pops whatever their big raid heal is called

by this point you should have won.

if the dps is an issue are you putting crazylong CCs on MC'd people? if youre doing this make sure its followed by a dispel.. dont let people stay psychic screamed or hexed. dispel mana shoudnt be an issues as you are 3 healing and have 2 mana tide totems AND an innervate (lol)

i know thats a lot of boomykin advice, but thats what i play, and the strat works well... cho'gall has been on farm since our first week raiding.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ipat View Post
    Hey! My guild spent a couple days of wipes before we figured out exactly what we needed to do.

Ill try my best to help you, Im a holy paladin and I find that a lot of it has to do with healing. For the first phase, you need to make sure everybody is avoiding as much damage as possible! My guild 2 heals it and the first phase is a bitch if you are getting stacks of twisted devotion on Cho'gall. Everybody says that the adds are the biggest issue and I guess I cant really comment since ive only ever healed this fight. For me, the whole fight is about getting through phase 1 with as much mana and CD's as possible left over for phase 2. The biggest drains on mana in the first phase are the adherents shadow crash type things and when Chogall stacks twisted devotion because you were slow in interupts. Make sure cho'gall is getting twisted devotion as little as possible as it will make the last phase extremely hard since your healers will likely be low on mana. Shadow crash also hits quite hard and is easily avoidable so make sure you call out anybody who is getting hit by it so that they are more careful.

It usually takes my guild at least an hour to down it each week because its still quite a tough fight. The key is having your healers use as little CD's as possible while still having lots of mana left over. There were many attempts where it didnt feel like it was even possible to heal through everything. It will always be a challenge for the healers but the best way to deal with that is taking as little damage as possible.

Phase 2 can also feel like it is impossible to heal through. The reason for this is that the adds probably werent dealt with very well. Our guild started tanking Cho'gall on his throne during phase 2 since the adds will spawn in a smaller area. Make sure that interupts/stuns/lots of dps go off on the adds since they give a healing debuff on whoever they channel their spell on.

Sorry, I know I repeated stuff many times, I hope my tips help though. Much alcohol greatly reduces the coherency (is that even a word?) of my post.

Good luck with the fight! It may feel useless as you might not think you are even close, but with more practice, you will be able to get to phase 2 with your lots of mana and CDs left on your healers! As long as you are interupting and killing the adds quickly, phase 2 should be very doable with lots of cds and mana left on your healers!
    man, you gotta tell your raid to get the fuck outta those shadow crashes. its also 10 corruption every time one hits.... 2-3 of those and youre going to be so screwed in p2 when it starts tick-tick-tickin up 1 per second. but other than that, yes, if you can get to p2 with your healers at 60-70% mana its pretty much GG.
    Last edited by fews; 2011-02-25 at 08:02 AM.

1 Tank 2 heal, Have a melee taunt the boss at range for the debuff. This makes the fight 100 times easyer.

Assumin your in half raid epics attempting these bosses, 2 tanks and 3 heals should be no prolem at all. Everyone should be pushing 12-15k dps and you should push 3 adds and burn to a victory from there. Shadow crashed are bad, DO NOT get hit by them, the more corruption you have going into P3 the less likely you are to finish the fight. 25% is the disease, dispell it, it adds corruption at a high rate, 50% you puke all over your raid members in front of you, this is the main cause of death in P3. How do you fix this? Spread out in P3, aoe healz are gonna suck but tell the healers to suck it up and get some tier shoulders.

Our strat consists of tanking Cho'gall on teh east ( or right ) side of the room as you walk in looking at him, on the edge of the circle in the center of the room, everybody stacks on chogall till the add comes out. The add is kited back to the stairs at the back of the room and quickly killed by all the dps, the faster he dies the better your positioning is gonna be for shadow crashes and worships. Have your lock spec into shadowfury and pop it every worship on the group and you will never have to worry about worships. The moonkin can also use solar beam if needed but lock should more then cover it. When the add is out, all you need is compitent raiders, spread out for crashes, watch timers, group 5 sec before worship, and repeat.

P3 is very simple if you follow 3 rules: 1. Spread out, grouping is the absolute best way yo kill your raid fast, you healers may bitch but tell them to shut up and do their jobs. 2. TURN AWAY FROM EVERYONE at 50% corruption as eluded to in the previous text, this will kill people fast and with blinding effeciency soo keep stacked up puking on others if you like repair bills. 3. Kill the adds, every wave of them untill you think you can burn down Cho'gall without risking the adds stoping you. That means if your gonna get a 2nd set of adds, you shouldnt be ignoring them. Hope this helped.