Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seconding what Shadow said earlier, if you're going to make it to the east coast, try to stop in DC. I lived on the east coast(near Baltimore) for quite a few years, and visiting DC never got old for me. The museums are incredible(and as mentioned, free), the monuments are worth seeing, and there are a ton of fantastic bars and restaurants as well. The metro(subway) system is safe and relatively efficient, so even if you don't want to drive into the heart of DC, it's easy enough to park outside the city, ride in, and just walk around for the day.

Philadelphia is another great city for seeing on foot. Plenty of history, plus the parts that are worth seeing are also safe and clean, making it a great spot for tourists.

Annapolis is a lesser known, but still beautiful city. Gorgeous harbor area. It's also home to the US Naval Academy if you're a military buff at all.

I'd suggest avoiding Baltimore, while the harbor area is nice, if you don't know the city, it's far too easy to end up in places you do not want to be.

Thanks for the replies, and especially to those that's wants show us around and stuff, would be super cool, it's easy to get lost in such huge cities. Not sure how my friends will respond to "so we are meeting up with a dude/chick I talked to on a world of warcraft forum" but I'm sure they'll be fine with it ;D I'll PM folks when I'm off work.
    @ Tumble it's pretty cold in Norway too.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you rent a car over there, be sure your automobileclub is in agreement with AAA, you´ll save a lot of money
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You'll enjoy yourself more in the south than you will in places like seattle or san francisco, I wager, don't let the "redneckslol" bigots throw you off. Someone already mentioned Myrtle Beach, and it's definitely a great stop to make. As someone else already mentioned bbq, I'll also mention that different parts of the country do it quite differently(ketchup, vinegar, or mustard based), so be aware of that.

Also, confirming krispy kreme > dunkin donuts.

PS: If for some reason you pass near Newberry, South Carolina, for gods sake dont go on the west side of town. The madness around here is how I got into computer games to begin with, it's not exactly safe outside.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

try root beer
    visited america a few years ago and got addicted to the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    try root beer
    visited america a few years ago and got addicted to the stuff
    Root beer float, if you don't have one while here it's a crime.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Oh, when you are on the west coast (best coast). Eat some In-n-out, Your stomach will thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchrono View Post
    Oh, when you are on the west coast (best coast). Eat some In-n-out, Your stomach will thank you.
    double double o_O \o/ the one thing i miss about fast food *Gg*
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchrono View Post
    Then try some Five Guys when you're on the east coast and laugh at how much better it is

Deleted
    Bring lots of European beers, for some unknown reason, american's don't quite know how to make good beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Then try some Five Guys when you're on the east coast and laugh at how much better it is
    While you're on the toilet because of all the grease. 5 Guys is good, But not as great as In-n-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Belkram View Post
    Bring lots of European beers, for some unknown reason, american's don't quite know how to make good beer...
    Ah yes. No need for imports, but stay away from the big brands. Microbreweries are what you're lookin for.

I suggest not going to Michigan PoS state imo, you know what stay like a state or 2 away from it while your at it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    oh so true, so true

Echoing what someone said earlier, the Seattle area is probably the funnest stop you can make on the west coast. Nothing I can think of in Cali comes close to here (we don't have the massive crowds like they do down there either), and we apparently have one helluva nightlife. Though it does rain here. A lot. Maybe too much. Nah. I've always felt LA really lacks, but if you're gonna stop in Cali, San Fran is a rather hip place to see, even if you're not gay.

Also, sex with African American chicks... its aight... they don't really rock the socks like I had hoped, but its certainly not bad in any stretch. I'd really go all out if I were travelling, maybe find an Asian American here in Seattle (Up north of Seattle where I'm at, one could become disoriented and think they were in China), Cali has a huge Latina population, out in the Southern Midwest will be your best bet for the African American girl, but if you've ever been curious about the southern belle, theres that too, and if you really wanna get buck wild, there are the Jersey Girls, a completely different type of girl down in Florida, Valley Girls out in Cali as well, god we have too many different type of women here, its so awesome.

I think, you're assessment of best country in the world is in fact true.

Go to Chicago. Find a Portillo's (restaurant). Order a hot dog with everything. Thank me later.

Also, I live in Chicago and know how amazing it is. Personally, I think its better than New York and love waking up to the skyline everyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by selcar View Post
    If you plan on being anywhere around Florida, there is a space shuttle launch sometime in April.
    Wasn't the shuttle launched today?
    As far as I know at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Ah yes. No need for imports, but stay away from the big brands. Microbreweries are what you're lookin for.
    Not sure how much beer we can bring, though Budweiser aint that bad. Hopefully you have Corona and Guiness though. Sucks for one of my friends though, doesn't turn 21 until late this year, means he can't drink right? He has been drinking for like 4 years.

Just gotta look for the right brands, dogfish head and rogue is pretty much all I drink if it's available.

The Rogue brewery is in oregon, and dogfish head is in delaware. Both places have a restaurant attached to their brewerys, and rogue even has a walk through tour.

If good beer is your thing, those 2 places are probably the best places to be in america.

*edit* Just saw your above post, corona, bud, and guiness, I guess you don't like good beers lol, and ya if your friend drinks he's drinking illegally. You can get away with it most of the time, but if he gets caught and you're all with him then you'll all be in trouble for supplying to a minor.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-02-25 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    There are quite a few good breweries in the states. You just have to know where to go...

If you head to Cleveland (I don't know why you would really want to...) there is the Great Lakes Brewing company. It is a great place, with lots of different styles, and all quite good.

Other breweries I would suggest are Stone, Dogfish Head and Ommegang.

I almost forgot to mention, since you will be heading to the midwest in may (ish), near Cleveland is one of the best roller coaster parks in the world. It is called Cedar Point. (tix were around $50 last time I was there)

Edit: I second the vote for Rogue beers (one of the few I can get here in Japan)