Deleted

Glyph of Mirror Image

I'm wondering wheter I missed something seeing how many mages use it. Last time I heard about it, using that glyph was a slight dps loss regardless of spec.

Now - did something change or that data was wrong to begin with ? Or could it be that so many mages sacrifice small portion of dps just for looks, as clones with frostbolts don't fit current fire raiding spec ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there was a ninja change to it and they use fireblast inbetween fireballs, it's still a small dps loss.

Hell I personally never even use MI unless I am riding threat hard or it's something like chimaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Hell I personally never even use MI unless I am riding threat hard or it's something like chimaeron.
    This. Yeah you could use it at the start of a fight for minor DPS increase, but I too would rather save it for when threat becomes an issue.
    Reminds me I do need to remove my own Glyph of Mirror Image. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Unless there was a ninja change to it and they use fireblast inbetween fireballs, it's still a small dps loss.

yea the only reason I ever use MI is when the tank dies and we need that extra time to kill the boss. such as Council or Chimaeron. MI is purely a threat wipe imo

Deleted
    If you want more damage you should use mirror image every chance you get since they do about 35,000 or more damage per use. On some fights you might want to save it for burn phases or to drop threat at the end of encounters but imo you should use them as often as you can. That extra damage is adds up on long fights.
    Last edited by mmoc2fae05e3d9; 2011-02-26 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I'm wondering wheter I missed something seeing how many mages use it. Last time I heard about it, using that glyph was a slight dps loss regardless of spec.

Now - did something change or that data was wrong to begin with ? Or could it be that so many mages sacrifice small portion of dps just for looks, as clones with frostbolts don't fit current fire raiding spec ?
    no matter where i looked or who i asked, i couldn't get a straight answer for this : " do MI benefit from Mastery/specialization ? ( I.e. for fire spec do they get the +25% dmg with fire spell ? arcane +25% dmg with arcane spells ?) ? "

from what i observed, it seems they do , because for me, arcane spec , with the glyph my mirrors do crits of 10k , even more ( on dummy , not halfus dmg * stuff ) so maybe they get benefits from both specialization AND talents ...donno, but at least for arcane it is well worth it to get the glyph , as the get the stacking arcane blast buff/debuff, only problem there, is that if you pop them right BEFORE warp/hero, they will go oom at about 23-24 second in and not do anything else than be pretty for 6-7 seconds, still a dps GAIN tho

basicly I just got it because I´m fire pvp atm and if my images cast fire its harder to see whos me.. well maybe only takes 2 seconds to find me but thats 2 seconds more!