First time building my own computer, need help checking compatibility

Hey guys, I have been a long time visitor of MMO-Champ, its forums, and have been visiting the Computer portion for the past few weeks in preparation to getting a new computer. I have decided to build my own, have picked out what I think is a pretty good system for my budget ($1500), and just need help making sure it will all work once it gets to me (haven't ordered yet). I use it mainly for gaming, WoW of course, Crysis (will be getting Crysis 2 along with this), Bullet Storm eventually, and the new Elder Scrolls as looking to the future.

Components:
    DVD Reader/Burner: GEAR HEAD 24x DVD Burner Black SATA Model 24XDVD = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827269008

Case: AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front ATX Full Tower Computer Case = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517004

Video Card: DIAMOND 6970PE52G Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103182

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

RAM: 4 x Kingston HyperX Blu 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104216

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131665

Processor (I don't plan on overclocking, if I ever do, it won't be anything crazy, which explains my selection): Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115071

Hard Drive: A-DATA S599 AS599S-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive = newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211471

Again, just want to run it past you guys to make sure everything will play nice together, it comes to something like $1,440 using NewEgg, if there is anything outstanding that I can change to make a big difference while still staying under $1,500 then I'd love to know it. Also, is the stock heatsink/cooler on the i7-2600 enough? I've read that it is decent at stock speeds with different thermal grease which I plan on getting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance for your help

(sorry for the crowded links, can't post them properly since I just signed up for the forums, but figured it would be good to give links to what I am getting)

The motherboard wont work with that sandybridge i7k.

You need an 1155 socket motherboad.

Somthing like this MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (Socket 1155

or

Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155

The gpu is good but its not worth getting. Go for the 6950 instead as through software you can flash it to become a 6970 so you save some money.

Power supply probley a bit to much but dephends if you plan on going crossfire later on. The ssd drive is ok but OCZ is the better brand for ssd drives right now. Also OCZ are realising there new version very soon called vortex 3.

Stock fans for the sandybridge range are fine. I have the i5k and its never going over 30degress most of the time. If you wanna overclock you get a better cooler.

Deleted
    a few problems I see

(1): ram 1333 isn't really that fast

(2): 128gb isn't much storage i'd opt for a HDD aswell.

(3): motherboard isn't compatible with i7 sandybridge. Asus P8P67 Pro is a great reccomendation from the guy above

on a side note if you're not that good with a computer get a 6970 instead of a 6950 as even though it seems easy for a *select minority* for someone who isn't that familiar with overclocking might find it a bit hard to unlock the cores turning into a 6970.

hope this helps you =]

EDITED for for a typo

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    i7 is a waste. Save $100 and go for an i5 2500.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    You'd probably be better off with a prebuilt machine, especially with the budget that you have. Here is one option that comes at $1229.99 before any shipping costs.

Should the machine arrive in good working order then it should comfortably run most of the games you've listed. There will always be a few cons with buying a prebuilt, and to be honest recommending an AMD platform when Intel/major manufacturers are re releasing motherboards for Intel's flagship CPU in a month is not something i'd usually do. However, for a good gaming CPU, which has a decent clock speed and coupled with an excellent GPU this machine is worth taking a look at.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want 8GB RAM, use 2x4GB, not 4x2GB
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    If you want 8GB RAM, use 2x4GB, not 4x2GB
    I'm inclined to agree.

(despite the fact that I'll upgrade to 8GB myself by adding another two sticks of 2048MB :'< )
    &nbsp;

first of all thank you all for the help / recommendations you have given, right now I have changed my selection to the i5-2500K processor, 2 sticks of 4GB Kingston RAM, and was going to follow the suggestions for motherboards but I totally forgot about the problems that have been going on with them which has made it so there are none online to order. Is there anywhere that is supplying the safe new mobo's for the 1155 socket yet? Is there a way to get around that problem?

If not, is there any window of time when they will be available?