Lagging Problems.

Hey, so ive been having problems with my labtop lately and there are alot of games that lag me out. i can play Wow Rift Hon and Champion of heroes.
    But when i try to play games like Magicka or Vindictus i lag out with every step... Any ideas why?

Befor someone says update graphics card i already did tonight i already updated my computer and i have a fan under my labtop... so any other ideas?

-List your laptop hardware specs & OS.
    -go to www.speedtest.net and run a test and report back with the results.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    -List your laptop hardware specs & OS.
    -go to www.speedtest.net and run a test and report back with the results.
    Why would connection matter more in Magicka than in WoW or Rift?
    Also, updating graphics isn't just slamming on the newest driver. When people say "Update your Graphics CARD", they mean the actual chip, which cannot be done in a notebook (Or rarely for that matter, if it's MXM).

So yeah, start off with posting your system specs and we'll go from there.

it still lags when i play single player tho >_>
    but i did the speed test
    and
    Processor: 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo T8300
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Storage: Two 160GB hard drives
    Optical Drives: DVD±RW
    Display: 17-inch TFT
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800M GTS (512MB)
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

OK, the hardware specs are good enough not to lag you out, your connection is fine. It must be a hardware or software issue. What exactly happens when you "lag out"? Do you get disconnected or does your fps drop down really low and the gameplay becomes choppy?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

The game lags out gets really choppy but i stay in the game after a min or two it goes away but then when i start playing again like 2 mins in it happens again...

If updating graphics drivers didnt work, find out the name of your graphics drivers and do a full reinstall. For me, a reinstallation fixed the problem I had, which was just like yours.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

Quote Originally Posted by Thevinv View Post
    The game lags out gets really choppy but i stay in the game after a min or two it goes away but then when i start playing again like 2 mins in it happens again...
    Sounds like a typical overheating issue.
    Download temp monitoring software like Speedfan or whatever you come up with on google and check your (CPU/GPU) temps, especially when you lag out.