Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cho'Gal Wall Tactic

Hey Guys, quick question...

People are saying that dragging Cho'gal close to a wall makes phase 2 easier because tentacles tend to spawn close to each other for cleave damage.

Is this referring to stacking Cho'gal on top of the stairs (entrance) or throne? or can it be any wall? I feel dragging him to the stairs requires A LOT Of movement and shit just goes crazy doing so. Never tried dragging him to the throne. Will the wall to the sides work just fine?

Any wall =) we just pull him to the wall on his right

Deleted
    Drag him ontop of the throne... Clearly the best way

Deleted
    We drag him to one of the walls next to the throne. We sometimes get weird tentacle spawns next to the throne when draggin him up there. The walls work better for us.

Awesome. I think dragging him to the wall would be great. Wouldn't require too much movement and people can stay spread out for puking.

Another quick question. How does damage go out exactly in phase 2? Does he still do fire/shadow order? A shitton of damage is going out but can't understand from where.

Quote Originally Posted by equinocs View Post
    Awesome. I think dragging him to the wall would be great. Wouldn't require too much movement and people can stay spread out for puking.

Another quick question. How does damage go out exactly in phase 2? Does he still do fire/shadow order? A shitton of damage is going out but can't understand from where.
    The excessive damage usually comes from people "puking" on eachother.

When people hit 50 corruption they will start puking in a small frontal cone so people need to face away from eachother.

We usually have the healers turned their back on the raid and rest are placed so they look away from eachother.

Deleted
    Need to make sure debilitating beam is properly interrupted as well. Each of the tentacles is 11k dps against a target that receives a -75% healing debuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by equinocs View Post

He still do his flame and shadow order. If you're doing 10 man the throne tacts is the best way to go due to a small amount of melee DPS. And if you have a Prot Warr its even easier with Shockwave for interrupt on ALL the tentacles.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will take him to a wall at the first tentacle spawning (so the fire on the ground doesn't stack on melee and kill them) and then drag him to the throne. The throne will cause two groups to spawn. Some on him, some just outside of the throne. Two Druid beams will take care of this. Cleaves and a Demo lock will just destroy the tentacles.

Four shot it on 25m on the first night of real attempts (helps that our 10m killed it already).

Just beside the throne in the little hole to the right or left, doesn't matter. My guild though it bugged and we only got 1 tantacle spawn, but actually, it was all tentacles, just the they had spawned on the exact same place :P
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

We tried the wall tactic, but we found having him in the middle much better. At the start of the fight have everyone plan their position for P2. Healers spread out and always facing outwards. When the tentacles spawn you're responsible for interrupting the one nearest to your spot. If your tentacle is already handled look for any unhandled ones, if there are none burn it.

The biggest advantage however, is for a warrior tank, I have the freedom of moving the boss on top of tentacles to cleave, shockwave, stun and interrupt. With my vengeance stacks I have rather a lot of burst dps with shockwave. If I'm slow at moving the boss back, its not too bad because the tentacles are still easily visible.

Good use of name plates and walls can basically make Belf's OP at this stage.

AoE interrupt ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    We tried the wall tactic, but we found having him in the middle much better. At the start of the fight have everyone plan their position for P2. Healers spread out and always facing outwards. When the tentacles spawn you're responsible for interrupting the one nearest to your spot. If your tentacle is already handled look for any unhandled ones, if there are none burn it.

The biggest advantage however, is for a warrior tank, I have the freedom of moving the boss on top of tentacles to cleave, shockwave, stun and interrupt. With my vengeance stacks I have rather a lot of burst dps with shockwave. If I'm slow at moving the boss back, its not too bad because the tentacles are still easily visible.
    Man, seriously, having them stacked is WAY easier, and even EASIER if you got Blood Elves and Taurens for aoe int in your group. just tell your DPS to burn cho'gall and a bit of aoe and adds will be gone pretty fast.

last 2 weeks they have not been stacking even when against the wall. Is my tank(s) doing some thing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
    Never underestimate Blizzard's aptitude when it comes to nerfing Warlocks.

Just tell your dps to not be bad and you don't need lol tactics like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marrakoosh View Post
    Good use of name plates and walls can basically make Belf's OP at this stage.

AoE interrupt ftw.

belfs mages even more op for this fight. dragons breath is godly for conversion.

my guild has been using this strat for a while now, it absolutely works.

Depends on raid comp a little bit, throne strat was TERRIBLE for our comp, since we only have 1 melee. We do a very loose wall strat, and usually get 2-3 tentacles to stack.

We have the wall take him to one of the cubby's in the wall, they kind of wave in and out and we have the tanks drag cho'gal to the wall and get him into one of them. Raid comp hasn't really made a difference for us. We've never used the throne strat.
    Last edited by Failhoof; 2011-02-25 at 04:11 PM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just tell your dps to not be bad and you don't need lol tactics like this.
    OFC it's a plus, we have downed cho'gall without this strat too, but if this makes things easier and faster, why shouldn't we doing this?.. Just until blizzard makes something to avoid that(most likely they will).

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Failhoof View Post
    We have the wall take him to one of the cubby's in the wall, they kind of wave in and out and we have the tanks drag cho'gal to the wall and get him into one of them. Raid comp hasn't really made a difference for us. We've never used the throne strat.
    Throne strat = all adds stacked